Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #41  
Old 08-09-2005, 09:06 PM
Pimpen 2010's Avatar
Pimpen 2010 Pimpen 2010 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Location: Pffffft
Posts: 4,743
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Yah the spotlights and grille gaurd were added on.
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #42  
Old 08-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Sketch's Avatar
Sketch Sketch is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 05-06-04
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 663
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpen 2010
Yah the spotlights and grille gaurd were added on.
And what a waist of time and money, they are never going to be used because its never going off road, they is no need for it.

It's all a fashion trend
 
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Pretend's Avatar
Pretend Pretend is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Location: Ft. Lewis, WA
Posts: 1,168
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Fashion is fashion. What's the point in jewelry? Different styles in clothes?
 
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Sketch's Avatar
Sketch Sketch is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 05-06-04
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 663
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesshoumaru-Sama
Fashion is fashion. What's the point in jewelry? Different styles in clothes?
It least it doesn't kill people if they run into someone. Cars are built in a certain way, to put bull bars on them is just endangering people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index.php/t-5789

In Australia most of the 4wd (SUV's) are sold with Bull bars, these are roll cage of steel attached the front of the car in case you hit a Bull, Cow, Kangaroo etc. They are designed to make the animal roll under the car so is doesn't come up through the windscreen. I'm not sure what their called in the US or if they even exist.

My point is why would someone need a Bull bar in the city when the only thing they could possible hit is a pedestrian or cyclist. I hate these things, and I despise any "city" person who has one on their car. There have been a few news stories recently about making these things out of special plastics instead of steel/aluminium. The reason for the change are 1) Protect pedestrians & cyclists 2) To enable the car to "crumble" in an accident as they were designed to do.

Some people even attach fishing real holders to the Bull bar (which is another huge piece of steel) to the passenger side of the Bull bar, the same corner of the car that cyclists would get hit by.
As I said earlier
 
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Pretend's Avatar
Pretend Pretend is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Location: Ft. Lewis, WA
Posts: 1,168
iTrader: 0 / 0%
The car isn't what kills people bud.
 
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Sketch's Avatar
Sketch Sketch is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 05-06-04
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 663
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesshoumaru-Sama
The car isn't what kills people bud.

Its the inexperienced driver that isn't in control of their car because it is to big for them to handle ;-)

And the car plays one hell of a part, expesally if it has a bull bar
 
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-09-2005, 09:21 PM
Sketch's Avatar
Sketch Sketch is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 05-06-04
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 663
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I don't want to offend anyone so I'm going to back off a little, but its the way I feel.

Large cars that are built for off road use shouldn't be allowed in the city.

Pretty Simple
 
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-09-2005, 09:35 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickok
I don't want to offend anyone so I'm going to back off a little, but its the way I feel.

Large cars that are built for off road use shouldn't be allowed in the city.

Pretty Simple
Not all 4WD's are made for offroading, they are made for city driving. Have you ever lived in a northern city where it snows 12, 14, 16 18 inches in a shot some days? I know this may be hard for you to believe, Micko, but I am telling you the truth, the city that I am from almost everyone drives 4WD's in winter, and frontWD's at least. And yes, some of the vehicles are BIG. So what? We think NOTHING of it. Nothing at all. Really.

Honestly, you sound like a bit of a mad man to me, but I realize that it's likely got to do with your location or something. Did you say that it didn't snow there where you are?

Last edited by Atom; 08-09-2005 at 09:51 PM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Sketch's Avatar
Sketch Sketch is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 05-06-04
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 663
iTrader: 0 / 0%


I am a mad man.

Ok, maybe I should change my point of view slightly. If they NEED to be used, like in your case Atom where it snows and people need them I wouldn't have a problem with that.

I may sound like a mad man, but we have no extreme weather down here. No snow, nothing. The people that drive these cars wouldn't even know how to put them into 4WD mode.

If you see it from my point of view, these people that drive them have no use for them.

Down here they are called 'Toorak Tractors' (Toorak being the richest place around my area). Its because they drive them because they are big, not because they need to.

It's hard to explain but they shouldn't be on our roads when there is no point for them. Just my opinion, if it snowed down here or rained and people needed them to get from A to B I wouldn't have a problem with it, it's just that it DOESN'T so they don't need them.


--

If I lived in outback Australia where the roads are all shot and you need your 4WD's I wouldn't have a problem, but I live in the city, and our roads aren't dirt and we don't have creeks running across the road.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom
Have you ever lived in a northern city where it snows 12, 14, 16 18 inches in a shot some days?
Remember I'm on the other half of the world to you, my north is warm and always sunny, my south is cold :-p

And I live almost as south as you can get and it doesn't snow cause we are to low down, it only snows up on the mountains which are a good 2-3 hour drive away, and the snow isn't even that bad up there the smallest of small cars could still get up as high as the 4WD's if they had their chains on.

Last edited by Sketch; 08-09-2005 at 09:54 PM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickok

I am a mad man.

Ok, maybe I should change my point of view slightly. If they NEED to be used, like in your case Atom where it snows and people need them I wouldn't have a problem with that.

I may sound like a mad man, but we have no extreme weather down here. No snow, nothing. The people that drive these cars wouldn't even know how to put them into 4WD mode.

If you see it from my point of view, these people that drive them have no use for them.

Down here they are called 'Toorak Tractors' (Toorak being the richest place around my area). Its because they drive them because they are big, not because they need to.

It's hard to explain but they shouldn't be on our roads when there is no point for them. Just my opinion, if it snowed down here or rained and people needed them to get from A to B I wouldn't have a problem with it, it's just that it DOESN'T so they don't need them.
Ahh, ok.
 
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 08-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Sketch's Avatar
Sketch Sketch is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 05-06-04
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 663
iTrader: 0 / 0%


Anywho as I said I will back off. I understand some people need them and I accept that, I just can't stand it if people get them for no use.
 
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-09-2005, 09:59 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Ahh .. alright then.







*turns and walks away whistling casual tune, hands in pockets, eyes open wide*
 
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickok
...Remember I'm on the other half of the world to you, my north is warm and always sunny, my south is cold :-p
Ahh, ok. I didn't know where you were. I had an online g/f in a suburb of Melbourne and, she said that it snowed up north, but not down where she was. Hmm ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickok
And I live almost as south as you can get and it doesn't snow cause we are to low down, it only snows up on the mountains which are a good 2-3 hour drive away, and the snow isn't even that bad up there the smallest of small cars could still get up as high as the 4WD's if they had their chains on.
Please do not get me started on chains, I think that every tire should wear them.


 
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Sketch's Avatar
Sketch Sketch is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 05-06-04
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 663
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom
Ahh, ok. I didn't know where you were. I had an online g/f in a suburb of Melbourne and, she said that it snowed up north, but not down where she was. Hmm ..
Up north, yes that's correct I think. Melbourne is in the bottom of Victoria, and the snow is up the north of Victoria where the mountains are. But if you head up to the North end of Australia you will hit warm as weather, tropical even.
 
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickok
Up north, yes that's correct I think. Melbourne is in the bottom of Victoria, and the snow is up the north of Victoria where the mountains are. But if you head up to the North end of Australia you will hit warm as weather, tropical even.
I see. Yeah now that you mention it, she did mention mountains up there. She lives in Narre Warren.
 
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-09-2005, 10:34 PM
Sketch's Avatar
Sketch Sketch is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 05-06-04
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 663
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom
I see. Yeah now that you mention it, she did mention mountains up there. She lives in Narre Warren.
Narre Warren is a fair way out, but still City, no snow there ;-)

Last edited by Sketch; 08-09-2005 at 10:54 PM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickok
I could make a joke about that but I think I would be the only one that finds it funny

Narre Warren is a fair way out, but still City, no bush there ;-)
Of what significance is the fact that there is no bush in Narre Warren to this convo? I don't get it. I thought we were talking about where there is snow and where there isn't, down there. She lives in Narre Warren , which she has described as like a suburb of Melbourne, and she said that there is no snow there and she'd have to go north to the mountains to find any.

Last edited by Atom; 08-09-2005 at 10:49 PM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-09-2005, 10:51 PM
Sketch's Avatar
Sketch Sketch is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 05-06-04
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 663
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom
Of what significance is the fact that there is no bush in Narre Warren to this convo? I don't get it. I thought we were talking about where there is snow and where there isn't, down there. She lives in Narre Warren , which she has described as like a suburb of Melbourne, and she said that there is no snow there and she'd have to go north to the mountains to find any.

Sorry, I meant no snow out there. I was thinking bush as in far away, like snow is far away, and you must drive through bush to get there. Don't worry its just my marbles going again.

It is a suburb of Melbourne and she does need to go north to find it, you are / she is totally correct.
 
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-09-2005, 10:55 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Ahh, good. So I won't have to chat her up and give her hell. lol



Nah, I don't talk w/her anymore. Have decided writing her off was best, under our particular circumstances. Long story. lol

But ... yeah, nice wheels, Nick!
 
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Sketch's Avatar
Sketch Sketch is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 05-06-04
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 663
iTrader: 0 / 0%
^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom
But ... yeah, nice wheels, Nick!
I agree
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seo tools Part 1 loainajati SEO Forum 8 03-17-2008 05:57 PM
what would be the best part in your life as of now.. potchie Forum Lobby 14 08-22-2007 08:32 AM
SEO Is Dead Part Two peter_d SEO Forum 3 06-15-2007 04:12 PM
Win Free Stuff (DVDs & movie stuff) Julie Forum Lobby 0 04-30-2007 07:31 PM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:08 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC