Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 11-18-2005, 04:10 PM
Individualist

Whenever I hear "Big Bang" I can't help but think about this drunk named Mike who used to work for me when I was a contractor. With him, the explanation to everything was a big bang.

Mike gets pulled over for DUI, and his explanation is, "I got off work, went to Safeway for some milk, and BANG! I end end up in jail for DUI and resisting arrest."

I'm like, Mike, there has to be more to it than that. Cause and effect, you know.

Or, Mike gets divorced. "So, we're like happily married and all, and BANG! she takes my daughter and leaves."

Uh huh. Did you forget to mention the next door neighbor girl in your bed? CAUSE AND EFFECT!

So, here's Mike explaining the Big Bag theory: "Well, like there is nothing nowhere. Just a big vacuum, and BANG! There's life, matter and an awesome universe."

Oddly enough, Mike and the Big Bangers sound like peas in a pod.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-18-2005, 04:40 PM

This whole God thing has one flaw that few seem to mention: the whole theory of creationism is explained through something that is 100% unexplained: God. It is like stating out of thin air that A = C. For it to be a viable theory one needs an equation, something like A=B, B=C, therefore A=C. Creationism seems to skip this B=C part, therefore I fail to see how anyone can say A=C. Until God can be explained, we cannot attribute anything to him for we know him not. It is that simple.

For the record, I was brought up catholic, and went the religion classes until I was about 14. I have an understanding of religion, so please skip the "You're the anti-christ" posts.

Old 11-18-2005, 04:46 PM
Individualist

I don't think anybody is saying God created anything. The statement being made is:

Big Bang is without proof.

&

The universe holds evidence of an intelligent design.

Now, if we want to talk about God, I think that right there presupposes the existence of a Spiritual Realm, wherein God created matter from nothingness, and we all know that the supposition of God precludes scientific examination because God is beyond the limits and outside the limitations of science.

Old 11-18-2005, 05:07 PM
Contributing Member

A > C

C = God
A = DaveyBoy

The end.

Goodnight suburbia.

Old 11-19-2005, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg_v7n
'Proof' our brains are evolving:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4222460.stm
Nice article jg_v7n, I have never seen that one before.

Some scientists call it evolution and others call it adaptation.

I personally will go with adaptation as there was a brain there to start with and it is adapting to environments.

Bloody hell - only just got up and already in full swing on this thread

Old 11-19-2005, 07:22 AM
No Longer Active

Ever seen this?

15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense

Old 11-19-2005, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Never read that one before - thanks dude.

I have to inject some common sense into this issue though (what little common sense I have left anyway) and state that science can not test out the theories even though they claim they can do tests.

How can they test it as there is never a situation where they can test nothing + nothing = something.

They even have a term for whatever was before the 'Big Bang'. - PBE = Pre Bangian Era.

BTW - I thought that most of Darwins theories were put to rest over the last 20 years and died off with the Ape-Men

Old 11-19-2005, 09:10 AM
Individualist

I like that article.

Quote:
7. Evolution cannot explain how life first appeared on earth.

The origin of life remains very much a mystery, but biochemists have learned about how primitive nucleic acids, amino acids and other building blocks of life could have formed and organized themselves into self-replicating, self-sustaining units, laying the foundation for cellular biochemistry. Astrochemical analyses hint that quantities of these compounds might have originated in space and fallen to earth in comets, a scenario that may solve the problem of how those constituents arose under the conditions that prevailed when our planet was young.

Creationists sometimes try to invalidate all of evolution by pointing to science's current inability to explain the origin of life. But even if life on earth turned out to have a nonevolutionary origin (for instance, if aliens introduced the first cells billions of years ago), evolution since then would be robustly confirmed by countless microevolutionary and macroevolutionary studies.
The scientist turning to aliens to explain life.

Old 11-19-2005, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Just out of curiousity, how did Carles Darwin think it all came about?

He is famous for his work and book called "The Origin of the species"

Darwin wrote in the final paragraph of “The Origin of Species” “The Creator originally breathed life into few forms or into one. From so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved”.

I would have changed evolved for adapted but that's just me being fussy.

Old 11-19-2005, 10:21 AM
No Longer Active

Actually, the world as we know it is a micro-world experiment by a scientist in a dimension we wouldn't understand even if it was explained to us. The scientist who created this reality became crazy as a result of doing another experiment and since that day we are kind of abandoned bij our creator.

Old 11-19-2005, 11:13 PM

Sorry guys, you kind of missed my point.
I was trying to say that it's wrong to say "there is so little chance of that to happen so it did not happen". I just showed you that no matter how small the chance is it's still could have happened.

Old 11-19-2005, 11:21 PM
Individualist

Gevorg, isn't there a certain pint when we say something is impossible?

I mean, what are the odds of the air conditioner in my room suddenly turning into a gorgeous blonde in a wonder bra? The odds are sooooo soooo soooo few that most people just say, it's impossible.

I think the same applies to life. A clump of dirt - and believe me there have been trillions of trillions of clumps of dirt in world - has never once started breathing. A drop of lifeless water has never started breathing. Life has always come from life.

I call it impossible, you call it what you will.

Old 11-19-2005, 11:25 PM

I personally believe in a big bang, simply because I can keep asking "Who created".
You say some intelligent designer created us - humans. I ask who has created that intelligent designer. What do you say? Another Intelligent Designer? Or the answer can be that Intelligent Designer existed forever.

Somehow I find that over all those years and gazillions planets that "big bang" with probability close to zero has happened. Rather than think we are toys of some intelligent designer who has existed forever.

Old 11-19-2005, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
I call it impossible, you call it what you will.
Unfortunately, I have very small knowledge in that are and can not say what possible and what not. I believe you do not have that to.

So in those cases where I lack the knowledge I listen to the guys with PHDs. And what are they saying? Majority of them are for "bing bang" and "Charles Darvin".

So sorry I do not understand when some idiots on school commission what for intelligent design when guys with PHDs said "Darvin".

Old 11-20-2005, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevorg
So sorry I do not understand when some idiots on school commission what for intelligent design when guys with PHDs said "Darvin".
I do understand this and can see where you are coming from but please don't believe everything scientists or 'guys with PHDs' tell you.

In the UK, guys with PHD's/scientists told us it was ok to eat meat when the BSE scare was on. Years later, it was revealed that they knew it wasn't and they lied due to government pressure and cost some people their lives. I am sure America has got some cases similar to this where science has lied to it's people (I could be wrong though).

I personally have nothing against evolution or creation, I just won't accept what some scientists claim is fact when they can't prove it and other scientists in the same field disagree.

In Charles Darwins last statement, he acknowledges the possibility of a creator but scientists that quote him conveniently leave that out.

Also, to understand if it is possible that something has always been (or possibly has no begining) we need to grasp as basic knowledge of how time works.

As a simple entry into this, I do suggest that people read "A brief history of time" by Stephen Hawking (and other guys with PHD's) as it doesn't support evolution or creation but it does help explain how time works and it is laid out simply so that even I could understand it. - It's not as boring as it sounds, or maybe I am just COMPLETELY DULL

Old 11-20-2005, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Regarding comments I made in post 77

Quote:
Wow.

Where did you find that?
I am very interested in quantum physics and how time works on the whole.

There is a book called "Evolution from space" by Sir Fred Hoyle which I studied a fair few years back along with other literature.

He basically states that;

1. The chance of even a simple protein molecule forming AT RANDOM in an organic soup has been acknowledged by evolutionists as being 1 followed by 113 zeros but any event that has one chance in just 1 followed by 50 zeros is dismissed as by mathematicians as never happening.

2. 2000 protein cells are needed (inc. enzymes) for chemical reactions within cells to cause cell activity to function properly and the chances of obtaining these at random are 1 with 40,000 zeros after it and even if the entire universe were an organic soup the simple calculation wipes the idea entirely out of court.

This is just for a simple protein molecule.

Sorry, my stats were a little out but then it was a few years ago when I did this.

BTW John - There is a very much higher chance of coming home and finding a tall attractive women in your bedroom wearing a wonderbra. (not sire about the air conditioning unit turning into one though)

You gotta like those odds

Old 11-20-2005, 10:50 AM
Super Trooper

I believe in the ways of Flying Spaghetti Monster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Old 11-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Individualist

Quote:
The "religion" has become an Internet phenomenon that has garnered many "followers" of the Flying Spaghetti Monster who claim to have been touched by "His Noodly Appendage" and preach the word of their "noodly master" as the one true religion.

Too funny.

First I've heard of it. Thanks for the link Brian.

Old 11-20-2005, 10:55 AM
Super Trooper

Quote:
Too funny.

First I've heard of it. Thanks for the link Brian.
" Prayers to "Him" are typically ended by "Ramen", instead of "Amen". "

My favorite part.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby