Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 09-08-2005, 10:26 PM
v7n Mentor

iPod Nano

Has anyone heard of these? Well from what I have heard iPod Mini is no longer being made as of yesterday, it is now iPod nano, bloody small. Gezzez!

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/

Quote:
Take everything you love about iPod and shrink it. Now shrink it again. With 2GB (500 songs) and 4GB (1,000 songs) models starting at $199, the pencil-thin iPod nano packs the entire iPod experience into an impossibly small design. So small, it will take your music places you never dreamed of.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-09-2005, 12:27 AM
v7n Mentor

They keep getting smaller! Think I will stick with my 20GB iPod though

Old 09-09-2005, 07:14 AM
Contributing Member

I still have my 1st generation iPod... I have decided that I wil not get a new one for about another year yet...to see what else they will come out with... I like the nano but I am sure that they will come out with something even better in like 4 months....

Old 09-09-2005, 07:48 AM
v7n Mentor

Talk about small.

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9251

This iPod Nano is too pricey in comparison to the iPod. A 2Gig Nano for $199 or 20Gig iPod for $299. Which is the better deal?

Old 09-09-2005, 08:59 AM

I have one of those mp3 flash players and it is great no moving parts to speak of. Wish they would make with removeable cards

Old 09-09-2005, 09:05 AM

looks cool....and you can store photos on to it too

Old 09-09-2005, 09:49 AM
Contributing Member

I fail to see the point in 2GB mp3 players

Old 09-09-2005, 10:04 AM

Damn i got an iPod mini like 3 months ago, seems pretty obsolete after seeing this little guy.

Old 09-09-2005, 10:33 AM

Heres a hilarious post from another forum I go on.

Apple Introduces New i-Pod One

Riding high on the success of the iPod Shuffle, a useless piece of **** version of the popular iPod, Apple announced plans to introduce the next member of the iPod family, the iPod One.

According to the press materials, the One will be about the size of a marble. It will only hold one song, and it will have a battery life of 10 minutes. When the user presses the device's single button, the track will start playing on repeat until the battery dies. It will be priced at $65.

At the press conference, Apple marketing guru Steven Jobs explained how Apple would trick dumb ****s into purchasing the One. "We don't see the One as lacking features. We prefer to call it 'simplicity,'" Think about it. The iPod shuffle could hold as many as 300 songs. Who needs that many? Some people don't even know 300 songs. Some consumers just want to have their one favorite song at their fingertips without being bothered by things like 'choice' and 'practicality'."

Jobs also praised the 10 minute battery: "What other iPod has a battery life long enough to cycle through it's entire library even once? The iPod mini holds 1000 songs but the battery dies after maybe 150, if your lucky! With the One, you can play your one song two, three, maybe even four times if you like punk. Plus it charges back up in only 8 minutes!"

As usual, Jobs couldn't shut the **** up about the new product. "Plus I don't think I need to mention that it will come with those annoying white headphones that make everybody want to whip out an uzi and start blasting during their morning bus ride. How cool is that??" added Jobs, who then whipped out his cock and started urinating on a pile of competing MP3 players next to his podium.

It goes without saying the the buzz surrounding the One's release next month is already deafening and Apple is betting that the newest iPod will be even more popular than the Shuffle.

A screenless, stripped version of the iPod about the size of a stick of gum, the iPod Shuffle caught on quickly with idiot consumers who like to buy useless garbage. "I like the fact that it doesn't have a screen" said San Francisco resident, Persephone Bailey. "I like that I have very limited control over what I'm listening to, and that it's difficult to find certain songs and albums. And it's so flimsy and easy to break! Even a child could snap it in half!"

"My friends in the adult literacy program love it! They ALL want one."

The iPod One will rely even more heavily on Persephone's demographic for most of its sales. "We feel like we haven't even begun to tap the potential buying power of morons, which is why we've made sure to price the One affordably. Now people can have an iPod for less that the cost of... um... I don't know what costs seventy dollars? An abortion? Well it's low anyways. The One is truly the iPod for the average American."

When informed about the release of the iPod One, Bailey expressed excitement:

"Only one song? Oh! That's awesome! Now I can just load mine with 'Hollaback Girl!' and not have to go through the trouble of skipping all those OTHER songs on the album! I love Gwen. I'm going to listen to it during my morning break at the DMV!"

Apple Store customer Ross Morganthaler expressed interest in a less complicated version of the Shuffle as well: "The shuffle has like, 3 buttons and a switch. I'm supposed to remember what all those do? With the iPod One's one button, it couldn't be easier. I just press it and I've got 10 sweet minutes of "Jet"! I'm just glad that Apple finally realized that not everyone who buys their products is a nuclear scientist."

Jobs agreed: "If the Shuffle was the iPod for the American consumer who can't read, this is the iPod for the American consumer who watches 'So You Think You Can Dance' for completely unironic reasons!"

Apple also expects the One to sell well among girls who think that anything small is "cute" and therefore worth having. "Awww! It's so tiny!" remarked fan Lindsey Miller. "Does it come in pink? Awww!"

Never one to rest on it's laurels, Apple has still more products in the works for specific demographics, including the long awaited iPod Hollow, an empty iPod casing with no functionality whatsoever for those people who are only interested in the trendiness of the product itself, and the isupPodsitory, an iPod for those who are sick of being told by passers-by to jam their iPods up their worthless yuppie asses. The waiting lists for both products are already months long.

Old 09-09-2005, 04:49 PM
v7n Mentor

LOL cbolts, I have seen that before, very funny

Quote:
This iPod Nano is too pricey in comparison to the iPod. A 2Gig Nano for $199 or 20Gig iPod for $299. Which is the better deal?
Thats what I thought but you are also paying for the size I guess, people want small and light things. :shrugs:

Old 09-11-2005, 01:29 AM
v7n Mentor

$199 for a 2GB iPod is just insane, espically with the variety of MP3-WMA players that we have available today.

Old 09-11-2005, 09:57 PM

I have a question. I have a dell computer that I got 3 years ago, but it only has USB 1.1 ports. Is there an adapter or how do I get a USB 1.2 port for my iPod nano? Thanks

Ryan

Old 09-11-2005, 10:40 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesource1
I have a question. I have a dell computer that I got 3 years ago, but it only has USB 1.1 ports. Is there an adapter or how do I get a USB 1.2 port for my iPod nano? Thanks

Ryan
Go to your local PC store and buy a USB 2.0 PCI Card.

Old 09-12-2005, 12:31 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
$199 for a 2GB iPod is just insane, espically with the variety of MP3-WMA players that we have available today.

Yer but it is like anything else, you are paying for the band name, and also the size, what other MP3 can hold as much as the nano in such a small design?

Old 09-12-2005, 06:16 AM
v7n Mentor

Ryan, my 20GB iPod works fine with USB1 ports so I guess the Nano would be the same?

Old 09-12-2005, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bradley
I fail to see the point in 2GB mp3 players
I don't see the point in 5GB+, you'll never listen to that much music, I have a 1 GB iAudio and I love it, about the size of 2 AAA's

Old 09-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Contributing Member

Actually there is a point in the 5gb..... if you are someone who likes a wide variety of music and you are going on a trip... it comes in handy... For me, I don't know what songs I want to listen to until I am ready to listen.... so that gives me a ton of songs to chose from..

Old 09-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpen 2010
I don't see the point in 5GB+, you'll never listen to that much music, I have a 1 GB iAudio and I love it, about the size of 2 AAA's
I have 90GB of MP3's.
Was very hard trying to decide which ones I will put on my 20GB Zen Touch.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:54 PM

5 IMO is still too much but I could go for it. My 1 GB holdsabout 250 songs. That's about 1000 worth of minutes which is about 83 hours, that's plenty for a trip...

Old 09-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Contributing Member

250 songs is only 25 or so albums which is like what i would listen to on an average couple of days (an album an hour or so on the hifi, car radio or whatever), and id get very fed up listening to the same thing every 2 days.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby