Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 11-23-2010, 12:50 PM
No Longer Active

Countdown To Christmas 2010

So tell me, how do you celebrate (if you do) the Christmas holidays? Do you put up a ton of lights to decorate? Are you one of those people that has your tree up by Thanksgiving? Do you shop for gifts Christmas Eve? Or, have you been done shopping for months now? Is this a time you spend with family?

And finally, do you have any special customs associated with the holiday season?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-23-2010, 02:14 PM
v7n Mentor

The less I can do the better. In fact, if my wife and daughter didn't force me to bring a tree in, there wouldn't be one in the house.

A scrooge? Yes, I am one of the biggest because I never have believed I should do something just because others do it...

North America as a whole has been the worst offenders of following "tradition" in the name of blending in. Not following only gives people a label... I will take the label

Oh, Happy Holidays BTW

Old 11-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Well i over-do it with the decorations in my apartment each year. I have to store my stuff at my parents house because i have no storage room. I've got a 7 foot fake tree that just about fits in the room without scratching the ceiling. Takes up my dinning area. lol

I always do my shopping at the last minute but sometimes actually do it on black friday if i am buying something huge. (sales baby... sales)

Every year my aunt, uncle and there grandson come down on the 21st to say with my parents till Jan 3rd. (They live in FL.) Our family does the 7 course meal for xmas (italian tradition) and of course you can not leave the table till your plate is empty.

I used to live accross the street from a xmas tree farm 3 years ago and me and my brother would walk over there pickout a tree and cut it down because it was cheaper that way. Then we carried it accross the street into the development to our town house. Little strange when 2 men are carrying a tree late Dec. through the snow.

There is other stuff the family does the whole month but its pretty much boring stuff.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Contributing Member

Well, as for decorations, I always do all this just before the holidays, two or three days in advance, the shopping is traditionally made in the last seconds rushing from one place to another so as to find out afterwards that you've forgotten about somebody and as for celebration, that's a family holiday for me, that anyway finishes in the company of best friends

Old 11-28-2010, 11:04 PM
Contributing Member

i knew there was going to be a christmas thread in the month of november.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pctec View Post
The less I can do the better. In fact, if my wife and daughter didn't force me to bring a tree in, there wouldn't be one in the house.

A scrooge? Yes, I am one of the biggest because I never have believed I should do something just because others do it...

North America as a whole has been the worst offenders of following "tradition" in the name of blending in. Not following only gives people a label... I will take the label

Oh, Happy Holidays BTW
I am with you. I like to put up a tiny pop up tree for flavor but really I don't want to spend time putting up a tree and decorating. Much rather go look at other people's trees. And I do almost all my shopping at Amazon.
Yeah I am a girl that hates to shop....

Old 11-29-2010, 11:05 PM

I have celebrated many Christmas holidays.....
I still believe that it is Christmas and not whatever "they call it now"...
Yet they will accept money that has "In God we trust" printed on it.....

No decorations...alone this year.....
Hopefully my oldest will visit...we will exchange gifts..

And I will once again appreciate and ponder on the true meaning of Christmas...

Having raised eight or so kids. I have seen some varied holidays...through the poor times and the better times...

Just glad to see another one....

Old 11-30-2010, 02:13 AM

25 Days to Go, and now I am preparing for my Christmas Checklist and to my loved ones who deserves my gift

Old 11-30-2010, 05:00 AM
Contributing Member

I can't wait already! Love Christmas!

Old 11-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Contributing Member

This is the time where I spend time with my family and friends. Exchange gifts and Christmas trees are in.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:07 PM
v7n Mentor

I decorate the weekend of Thanksgiving but don't get our tree until closer to Christmas. I like to leave the tree up into January so if we put it up too early it doesn't last.

We've started shopping but won't get done until Christmas Eve - we're always running out for something last-minute.

How about you?

Old 12-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Contributing Member

Giving and sharing gifts is what I loved most when it's Christmas. Haven't made my shopping list but the tree is up Just waiting for the bonus hehe)

Old 12-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Contributing Member

i will have a real 6 feet xmas tree this year, can decorate it

Old 12-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah! We already have Christmas Tree, Christmas Lights and Christmas Lanterns placed in our house... We do give gifts too... Some people are starting to sing Christmas Carol now... oh geezz..

Old 12-01-2010, 06:45 PM

hi

Hello there people

Well, people inside my house loves to decorate a lot. We are like kids, we love to to welcome the Christmas with a smile in our hearts. We spend Christmas together with my family,together with sharing gifts...singing carols and feel the presence of the Holy Mighty God

Old 12-01-2010, 07:17 PM
v7n Mentor

Here is a video of my house from last year (when I made the video apparently I didn't want anyone to know it was mine so it says... "thanks for sending this in "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9qUM_WZGFc

Dave is color blind and is in charge of the Christmas decorations.... he hangs returned Christmas lights on the house. This year we have a plastic set of pepper lights accenting the front right flower bed. Classy

The boys make little books of things they want from pictures on Amazon (from Amazon, you say?) and take them to Santa downtown every year - he's the best... real beard and very nice. I can see Jack and Owen grow up in the series of this photo taken every year.

We have a 9 foot tree with a not surprising 1200 mini lights on it and we cover it with glass ornaments up high and plastic ones down low.

We're all tired this time of year so I do all my shopping online but I'm dabbling in mosaic and for my parents and brother's family, I'm making mosaic frames and lanterns... what do you buy people who have everything.

See my first project --- this is a fun hobby. If you have some time on your hands, get some glue, glass, beads, glass shapes and mortar and go to town.

http://www.christmas-lights-advice.c...saic-projects/

We always like to get away for Christmas - usually we stay on the river down in San Antonio and see the beautiful lights there and enjoy Sea World with the kids. This year we are headed to New Mexico.

Good times. Merry Christmas!

Last edited by txshellie; 12-01-2010 at 07:19 PM. Reason: added Merry Christmas ... the post was sorely lacking.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Contributing Member

We just stay at home and then eat the noche buena. We usually have more fun celebration during New Year

Old 12-02-2010, 08:46 AM

I'll be spending Christmas at home with my family and probably have a nice meal outdoor.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Contributing Member

We never decorate our house for Christmas... ...since we become a full time dysfunctional... Years ago we used to decorate the two tress in front of our house, I filled it up with lots of lights and lit it up every 6PM...

Old 12-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Contributing Member

I live with my mate in 2 bed flat and we have the most embarrassing attempt at a tree! We may aswel have nothing! Live in the UK and with all the current snow it is making me feel quite festive though!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Closed Thread