Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-06-2011, 12:16 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Do you strive to find balance in your life? Or, is that something that comes automatically for you?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2011, 12:39 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
I would expect that the opposite holds in countries where light hair colors prevail.

As for other attributes, I was not referring to physical characteristics alone.
And when we talk about blondes having more fun, I believe we are generalizing about looks alone.

I stand by my story about blondes. You'll need to find me a slew of former darks who say it didn't work that way for them. And sure, perhaps in Scandinavia, brunettes are having more fun, but you couldn't prove that by me. This post http://cafebellini.blogspot.com/2010...-more-fun.html poses that question - here are some of the answers. I didn't see any that refuted my experience.

Quote:
When I was in my mid-twenties (last year HA hahahahaha! anyway) my stylist who is excellent slowly lightened my hair to a tasteful shade of blonde. I did get a lot more looks and approaches, but I found the substance dropped substantially. That was just my experience though. As a brunette I deal with a lot less nonsense.
Quote:
When I went blonde at age 21 I did indeed notice a change in the amount of men lookin at me
Quote:
Blondes do seem to get more initial attention!
Quote:
I've actually been both a blonde and a brunette at times and i think the eye is drawn to blonde hair more than brown. I feel like it's more noticeable and gets more attention, but not necessarily good attention (in my experience).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Do you strive to find balance in your life? Or, is that something that comes automatically for you?
Well, hmm. Balance. I need more, let's put it that way. I tend to err on the side of doing what I feel like doing. I could use a leetle more discipline!

I tend to simply follow my feelings, and try not to moan too much when that means I am stressed by what I have put off until tomorrow.

I do intend to less irresponsible about paperwork and related chores. I suppose that is a sort of striving.

And I do intend to do more yoga and take up meditation again. I am seeking more balance, and more bliss, yes.

Let's connect on Google+ and share what we're reading and writing.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:39 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Given that, of the brown/blond allele pair the brown is dominant, and, of the red/non-red allele pair the non-red is dominant, brown hair is predominate.

Thus, other scalp hair colors are less frequently seen, and are more noticeable when observed.

I would hesitate, though, to say that such universally translates into an increased rate of interaction between the observer and the observed.

In your case I would posit that such served to bring closer scrutiny which revealed others traits that the observers found desirable.

Ok MJ, critical here....Packers or Steelers?

Old 02-06-2011, 12:40 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeMoore View Post
Deep, you smoooooth devil. You sure know how to talk to the ladies.

Ok MJ, critical here....Packers or Steelers?
I'm for your team.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeMoore View Post
Deep, you smoooooth devil. You sure know how to talk to the ladies.
Probably more accurate to say how not to; and, that still seems to be a work in progress.

Sorta like Edison looking for the best filament for his electric light bulb.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Sorta like Edison looking for the best filament for his electric light bulb.
That's what she said.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:28 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Are there things you know in your life now that you wish you would have known when you were in your 20s or so?

Old 02-08-2011, 11:18 PM
SEO Fanatic
Latest Blog:
None

what's your favorite hobby?

Old 02-09-2011, 07:59 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Are there things you know in your life now that you wish you would have known when you were in your 20s or so?
Yes, you may laugh, but the importance of truly excellent posture comes immediately to mind. Most of the physical issues I've faced in the past couple of years are the result of many years of sleeping in the wrong position, walking poorly, reading in bed, having my monitor too low, etc.

I also believe that the earlier we learn forgiveness and the art of letting go, the happier we are in the moment and in the long run. In fact, I read recently that people who practice forgiveness immediately have fewer health and stress problems. It's really true: resentment is like drinking poison and expecting someone else to die.

Blame has never served me well. Even if the other person is wrong, it doesn't help me to remember that; what does help is to look for how the behavior I dislike in the other is a mirror for me. Or to examine how I contributed, if only by my association with the other person. Still, I made a choice that put me in that position. Unless I look for the lesson in every unhappy position, I am doomed to remain a victim. And powerless. Taking responsibility for everything that happens to me doesn't make me "at fault" so much as it empowers me to change what can be changed.

There are so many more, aren't there? I would love to have saved the younger me from the pain of caring too much for the opinion of others. A favorite slogan now: what other people think of me is none of my business.

I am grateful for the perspective of years -- aging may not be much fun, but accepting oneself as one is goes a long way to compensate for wrinkles and creaks.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:01 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliensimon View Post
what's your favorite hobby?
Contra dancing, I suppose. If dancing can be a hobby. It used to be collecting sea sponges, but I don't live on open water anymore and I don't have any place to clean the sponges. It's stinky and I don't think my neighbors would be happy with me if I did it here.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby