Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 02-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Digital Marketing Consultant

My second thing here -
Quote:
You will always miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2011, 08:32 AM

I learned outsourcing can be a great way to get some things done.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:30 AM
Contributing Member

February 7

My post today is about some more rayon chenille scarves I wove.

Quote:
The late afternoon sun...was streaming in the window, catching my warp beautifully. I took lots of pix of it...learning just how many possibilities there are for lovely, artistic photos.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:55 PM
v7n Mentor

What I've learned today, so far, that cricket smacks you with green from time to time and you might not know till long after, stumbling into a thread WHY she did it. I learned that, according to MelS over at V7N and their blog, the following:

Paraphrased pick up line for guys that would work on a girl: Go over at the club, talk to her a bit, then tell her you're going back to your friends. Pause, turn and ask her if she has an email, then if she's interested, break out a pen and paper and ask her to write it for you. While she's doing that, ask her to write her number too. If she balks, smile sweetly, and ask if you can at least get a fake number. =)

Learned and paraphrased from http://mycenterharmony.com/relations...-up-lines-guys

Please don't hurt me MelS, I couldn't resist

Old 02-07-2011, 02:50 PM
No Longer Active

Our official start date is tomorrow so make sure and join us for this! It is a wonderful way to learn and network with others. The new found friendships are the best!

Old 02-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Contributing Member

Sweet! Kudos for Cricket for gracing us with such a challenge, I'm still a lad, so I want to learn all the possible things in the world, and it'll all start from the great V7Network and their likewise, great contests!

Edit: so, am I supposed to learn or to post knowledge instead?

Last edited by fize4ever; 02-07-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:32 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fize4ever View Post
Sweet! Kudos for Cricket for gracing us with such a challenge, I'm still a lad, so I want to learn all the possible things in the world, and it'll all start from the great V7Network and their likewise, great contests!

Edit: so, am I supposed to learn or to post knowledge instead?
Fize, as inquisitive and positive as you are, I'd seriously think of adopting you. Check the front page, it tells of the challenge requirements. We are to post what we learn over the 30 days.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyonlinesorg View Post
Fize, as inquisitive and positive as you are, I'd seriously think of adopting you. Check the front page, it tells of the challenge requirements. We are to post what we learn over the 30 days.
AHAHAHA! I now see, I'm afraid I lacked proper attention when I read this all, pardon me everyone.

The challenge's rating have gone drastically higher for me now, because I like to spread knowledge more than to gain it!

I think I'll share my knowledge about cPanel servers with the trial and errors that I get, they'll be most notably in the format of a tutorial. =)

Old 02-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Contributing Member

My Learning Challenge Plan (loosely defined as it is ... )

For this Learning Challenge, I am targeting the areas of

1. SEO (re. Cricket's class).

2. video production for online deployment (loosely defined, this would cover tools and processes to edit, brand and publish video on the web; since I am just learning, it is difficult to lay out a detailed plan; I probably will be taking it week-by-week, or in some case, maybe even day-by-day)

3. iOS 4 development for web apps on mobile devices (this undoubtedly will be something that extends beyond this challenge period, but I have to start somewhere)

So, for each day of the challenge, my plan to is to target at least one of these areas for learning something. I know from experience, that even just one small thing learned each day eventually adds up to a bunch. I'm excited to be part of the group and looking forward to what others are doing. I bet I will learn bunches from everyone else here, too.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:28 PM
v7n Mentor

This is Day 2 for me (I won't try to count after this): I learned about what early Key West residents ate for my docent gig at the Oldest House in Key West. Life was rough, but turtle was on the menu ...

Old 02-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

As I look outside at the snow storm, I learned I am going to be shoveling once again tomorrow.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:58 AM
Digital Marketing Consultant

3rd thing in the challenge :)

Yesterday I looked up and felt that any time I can do that and talk and communicate, free any time...

Quote:
The best things in life are free. Free for me but Someone paid for that.

Old 02-08-2011, 08:14 AM

Today I learned that my number indicating approaching osteoporosis is lower then at my last test. So, this means that I must evaluate my vitamin and mineral intake and my exercises and build a better program for myself.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:57 AM
The Controversial Coder

Not sure of the time-difference, it's 18:00ish on the 8th for me here in England and I have just got home from work. Posted mine on Facebook a few hours ago.

Today I learnt that Microsoft Acess Database development is frustrating when you're working with legacy-style systems, and previous developers who lay forms out like a baby has poo'd all over the forms.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Contributing Member

Smart Mailboxes and Rules in Mac Mail

Because of getting ready for Cricket's SEO class today, I learned to set up Smart Mailbox and Rules in Mac Mail. I I knew these features were available -- I just had never taken the time to really learn and apply them in real life. I took Cricket's classes years ago (I was on PC's then and using Outlook) -- this the first time I will be taking the classes after having converted to Mac. I saw that I can color code my emails, too. So after the class gets going, I will figure out if/what might help me organize the class emails even better using colors as visual cues.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:04 PM
v7n Mentor

Today, I learned that the iPad has a microphone. Doesn't seem particularly amazing but it lets me record all of my university lectures for later viewing.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Contributing Member

February 8

I learned one thing today from another Challenge participant.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jackie E-S
I saw that I can color code my emails, too.
I've used mac mail for years, and only ever used the coloring function to color fonts. I had no idea I could color-code the email list itself! I'm not sure exactly how I'll use this feature yet, but I'm sure it'll come in handy.

Now for something I apparently DIDN'T learn in the post-a-day challenge...
I can grab the v7n-learn-something image, but somehow I can't figure out how to grab an appropriate link for it. My recollection of doing so in the last challenge - it must have happened magically!

I also don't know how to get Jackie's name in the quote box to be linked to her post.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Cherre View Post
Now for something I apparently DIDN'T learn in the post-a-day challenge...
I can grab the v7n-learn-something image, but somehow I can't figure out how to grab an appropriate link for it. My recollection of doing so in the last challenge - it must have happened magically!

I also don't know how to get Jackie's name in the quote box to be linked to her post.
Doing quotes:
To get your name in the above quote I just clicked the quote button at the bottom of your post.

Link:
I believe you would link to http://www.v7n.com/forums/forum-lobb...challenge.html as this is the thread where participants are to register.

Old 02-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Learned how easy it is to do the create an ad/coding for Google Adsense for a client today. (They did the rest.)

Old 02-08-2011, 05:52 PM
v7n Mentor

I learned .... that I use too much!! punctuation in my writing ... Can you believe it??!!

It should read:

I learned that I use too much punctuation. Can you believe it?

I also tend toward redundancy and say things twice when once would do just fine, thank you very much.

But I am serious about the punctuation.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Closed Thread