Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 02-10-2011, 07:46 PM
v7n Mentor

Sorry all, late post from yesterday, blog post on Catapulting your Online Success with A/B Split Testing is up at http://www.howtomakemoneyonlines.org...split-testing/

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Backup Yahoo! Messenger Archives

I use to have my XP machine set up to backup my Yahoo! Messenger archinve but since getting this new machine I have done that.

Seeing more clients are chatting business with me on Yahoo! Messenger I thought I had better figure out how to backup the messages.

Today I researched this and found right from Yahoo!: How to Copy Your Message Archive (Chat History)

My messages are now backed up and scheduled to do it daily!

Old 02-10-2011, 09:38 PM
v7n Mentor

Wonderful contest Cricket. Too bad I wasn't able to join in. Hope to join on the next contest.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Contributing Member

Gah! I've been bested. Real life took most of my time to learn and share anything.

Not to mention school starting tomorrow... yuck.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:52 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeruel View Post
Wonderful contest Cricket. Too bad I wasn't able to join in. Hope to join on the next contest.
It's not too late to join in!

Old 02-10-2011, 09:57 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fize4ever View Post
Gah! I've been bested. Real life took most of my time to learn and share anything.

Not to mention school starting tomorrow... yuck.
Ah, school, no more long listless video game playing days for you. Back to school and learn somethin youngin

Old 02-10-2011, 10:26 PM
v7n Mentor

Today, I learned something about twitter marketing, something amazing I didn't read anywhere, just experienced. With a bunch of people running around the forums wondering about twitter marketing, I have at least one thing, that if they weren't using it before, they really should. I'll be blogging about it after I post this, and will post the link later.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyonlinesorg View Post
Today, I learned something about twitter marketing, something amazing I didn't read anywhere, just experienced. With a bunch of people running around the forums wondering about twitter marketing, I have at least one thing, that if they weren't using it before, they really should. I'll be blogging about it after I post this, and will post the link later.
Oooohhhh, how interesting! I shall keep an eye on you. =b

Old 02-11-2011, 12:09 AM
v7n Mentor

And here it is, all caught up Going Viral in Social Media Marketing with this Simple Idea is available at http://www.howtomakemoneyonlines.org...s-simple-idea/

Old 02-11-2011, 01:06 PM
The Controversial Coder

Not sure if I am out of sync with you Americans (time-zones make me weep) but today I learned that although I am absolutely atrocious at pool - I can always pot both the white ball and pull off the shots that look impossible, however I can't pot the easy ones that a blind-limbless aardvark could pot...

Old 02-11-2011, 03:40 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
I am really looking forward to this post. I am learning more about Twitter every day as I use it. Things that are so simple that I am not willing to share here that I didn't already know ...

Yesterday I learned that the Spanish American War should really have been called the Spanish Cuban American War, and the fact that it wasn't, felt insulting to many Cubans. Probably still does. If I say much more about what I learned on that topic, we would have to move this post to the Controversial Issues forum.

I am working on learning something new today ... unless we can make this count: I learned ABOUT a tool that allows you to see how Google will display your title and description in search results. See today's SEO Tip for details.

Old 02-11-2011, 05:53 PM
No Longer Active

Tonight while eating in a local restaurant, I noticed a military man eating with his family. When they were done eating, I walked up to shake his hand and thank him, after which I turned to his wife to thank her too. She seemed startled at first and her eyes teared up as she reached for my hand. She told me that her husband hears it often, but not her, and she truly appreciated it.

I learned that sometimes we forget how much of a sacrifice the families of our military make too. I am going to make a point of always thanking them too.

Old 02-11-2011, 06:10 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Tonight while eating in a local restaurant, I noticed a military man eating with his family. When they were done eating, I walked up to shake his hand and thank him, after which I turned to his wife to thank her too. She seemed startled at first and her eyes teared up as she reached for my hand. She told me that her husband hears it often, but not her, and she truly appreciated it.

I learned that sometimes we forget how much of a sacrifice the families of our military make too. I am going to make a point of always thanking them too.
As usual, you are an inspiration, Cricket. I try to make a point of thank vets, too. Vietnam vets really got shortchanged in the gratitude.

I thank every fire fighter I meet. They are my heroes.

On a less poignant topic, I hope to learn something new tomorrow ... or even tonight, from an answer to this thread: How's Your Twitter Karma?

Old 02-11-2011, 09:00 PM

I learned that new leather can smell kinda bad. My husband bought a new chair and it's making our living room smell bad. Anyone know how long the smell will last?

Old 02-11-2011, 09:53 PM
v7n Mentor

I'm still looking for something to learn, spent way too long on the blog post I did today and other things going on. Argh

Old 02-11-2011, 09:56 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
I'm still looking for something to learn, spent way too long on the blog post I did today and other things going on. Argh
Here ya go.

10 Sites to Learn Something New in 10 Minutes a Day
http://mashable.com/2009/09/24/learning-resources/

Old 02-11-2011, 11:34 PM
v7n Mentor

I learned that my TV outputs more heat than my radiator.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:41 PM
v7n Mentor

I accomplished, but I'll blog it later. I learned about a new FTC rule concerning blogging and endorsements. I'll bet half our marketing forum isn't aware of it =) I'm probably just behind the times like I was with my twitter breakthrough the other night =) I learned about it while trying to research the legal implications of the website ownership thread going on....ya know, the one about website designer not wanting to give customer back end access =)

Old 02-11-2011, 11:56 PM
No Longer Active

I learned that I love the rodeo.
Yeah, I am just teasing, I already knew this...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	goodness.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	192.9 KB
ID:	13784  

Old 02-12-2011, 12:11 AM
v7n Mentor

Good, then I'll tease back, with that view, I very much debate WHAT you like about the rodeo I'm not so sure it's the deo Looking a little more ro from here

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Closed Thread