Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 06-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Contributing Member

I'm transfering all my contents to Wordpress.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-15-2011, 10:52 PM
Contributing Member

Vertical link submissions and creating article for blogs / feeder sites.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:40 AM
Blue Rose Mentor

I am nursing a glass of lemon juice, sick with the flu and working on my daily SEO campaign and working on improving and updating my company wiki page.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:27 AM
Contributing Member

i am doing seo of some of my sites.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:58 AM
The Controversial Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamrage View Post
I am nursing a glass of lemon juice, sick with the flu and working on my daily SEO campaign and working on improving and updating my company wiki page.
Sorry to hear you are sick Dreamrage, I hope you feel better soon. As for me. Seeing as my former colleague was tossed out of the workplace, I have had to pick up his slack and everything he's not done, that he was supposed to have done has started to be uncovered. Months old work, not even started so it's a mad-dash for a lot of bug-fixes in a short amount of time over a lot of bespoke systems.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:05 AM
Blue Rose Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Williamson View Post
Sorry to hear you are sick Dreamrage, I hope you feel better soon. As for me. Seeing as my former colleague was tossed out of the workplace, I have had to pick up his slack and everything he's not done, that he was supposed to have done has started to be uncovered. Months old work, not even started so it's a mad-dash for a lot of bug-fixes in a short amount of time over a lot of bespoke systems.
That cannot be good. I'd rather have the flu than have to deal with all that. Good luck and I hope it all gets sorted soon.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:43 AM
Contributing Member

I'm doing some projects that will help me with my final exams. And some posting here and there.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:06 AM
The Controversial Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamrage View Post
That cannot be good. I'd rather have the flu than have to deal with all that. Good luck and I hope it all gets sorted soon.
Some of the actual programmatic fixes aren't too bad. Currently installing Visual Studio 6.0 and SP6 for some of the controls for one of our medical systems at a massive place in London, eight computers of doing the same thing and making sure flexgrids are working properly.

Plus my chocolate bar melted, so now it's in the fridge solidifying until I can eat it. That's if the boss doesn't get to the fridge before me in about an hour.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:38 AM
v7n Mentor

Can't tell what I'm doing yet today.
I'm the boss and I'm thinking maybe I'll tell myself to
pick up and make sense out of this place I call my office.
But, the boss hasn't had his second cup of coffee yet.

Can tell you what that ------- had me doing yesterday though -
setting up an apache server on his desktop.
I'm getting pretty good at that too.

I think I need a raise before I
go look for real employment.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Contributing Member

Today is screening initial certifications for the day job. @#$^%$# silly geese can't read instructions 99% of the time so some days it's frustrating and others it's amusing to see what they think meets the requirements.

Rewriting descriptions for my doll patterns for my commute time job. I've discovered that it'll be easy to convert my last hand coded site to a WP site as there's a plugin for doing the redirects for me... not that I wasn't going to keep most of the same file names already but I can get it to do the redirects if I need to.

Off to get busy with the day job earlier in the day for a change... my minions are busy and not bugging me with questions... (would rather they bug me than not!)

Old 06-16-2011, 11:08 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Some of the actual programmatic fixes aren't too bad. Currently installing Visual Studio 6.0 and SP6 for some of the controls for one of our medical systems at a massive place in London, eight computers of doing the same thing and making sure flexgrids are working properly.

Plus my chocolate bar melted, so now it's in the fridge solidifying until I can eat it. That's if the boss doesn't get to the fridge before me in about an hour.
Hey, share from that chocolate bar please. I can deal with your boss if you allow me

Old 06-16-2011, 11:39 AM
The Controversial Coder

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedo View Post
Hey, share from that chocolate bar please. I can deal with your boss if you allow me
Sorry - scoffed it all a couple of hours ago. I was like a little ninja going to the fridge while he was on the phone and it was decimated by the time he'd come over to nab a piece.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:54 PM
Contributing Member

Trying to fix the issues on my current project at work. Hope to fix them all and go to swim at saturday and sunday if the weather is warm enough.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

I was working on sending out a mass email but accidently hit the wrong key and all the content i wrote disappeared. Rather then try to rewrite the email again, i'm going to just watch t.v. and bang my head on the table.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:57 AM
Blue Rose Mentor

Quote:
Sorry - scoffed it all a couple of hours ago. I was like a little ninja going to the fridge while he was on the phone and it was decimated by the time he'd come over to nab a piece.
Sneaky......... Crouching ninja, hidden chocolate ey? As long as you had the chance to eat it all instead of losing out

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I was working on sending out a mass email but accidently hit the wrong key and all the content i wrote disappeared. Rather then try to rewrite the email again, i'm going to just watch t.v. and bang my head on the table.
lol Not too hard I hope

I just finished the wiki. Everything seems more or less up to date. Will just work on adding videos to a third party site to link to the wiki on the weekend...

So, for now, I am back to my usual scheduled programming, working on my IM and SEO campaign.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Contributing Member

My work! Online business stuff~

Old 06-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Contributing Member

Just finished with server maintenance and responded to some support tickets from customers. Debating if I should work on one of my websites or just relax since it's Sunday.

Old 06-20-2011, 01:17 AM

Playing with my dog.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Contributing Member

Doing a happy dance right now after finding out that work is no longer under a Federal Corrective Action Plan... the feds like what we've done! Unhappy because of the 40 provider file records request I was hit with Tuesday morning! EEEK but back to being happy as the files are FINALLY after 3 years getting a full out face lift and revamp they've needed since the division started! Amusingly or maybe not since it's my job, a LOT of the ideas I've wanted to do for the last couple years are being heavily adopted! We're scanning files so that if paper comes up missing it can be reprinted, the new file system will be completely different colors from the old one and hopefully sometime soon we'll have an open volumes policy that will allow us to store old files off site!
As for my businesses... I'm creating several new posts each day on the ride into town and making notes as to what to look up and ideas for future posts on all the sites. I'm hoping to setup several sites to post once per week on a schedule and then just add to the pre-written posts each week.
So far I have lots of ideas and my hand written notes are slowly going into the tablet where I can then work towards the goal of making them posts.... baby steps! Hmmmm maybe I need to go post to my blog on that one. ;-)

As for the house projects... still have a bathroom in pieces but it's got a base coat for paint and likely will have a final coat tonight... maybe! Then it's time to put up the tile board and clean up! I think there's a light at the end of the tunnel! After that it's on to the next thing! OY!

Old 06-22-2011, 03:39 PM

I'm just working on my SEO campaign and trying to get my website to rank higher in the SE.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Closed Thread