Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 04-18-2011, 12:15 AM
Contributing Member

Flying options

In an effort to save money (maybe even travel time) I am looking at airline options. I only have experience flying out of OAK which is pretty painless but SFO is another option. If given the choice, which would you pick?

As for airlines, I have only ever flown Jet Blue, South West or Delta. I really like Jet Blue and Delta but will avoid South West at all cost. Delta is an option but depending on airport United and Continental are also an option which could potentially mean saving about $100. Any thoughts/feed back would be greatly appreciated?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Contributing Member

Really depends on where you're going and how seasoned you are. As an aviation geek, I can give you plenty of information; how much will be pertinent to you, however, is a thread all its own.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Contributing Member

I'm flying from North Bay Area California to Minneapolis/St. Paul. I have been trying to figure out all the prices and each search = new prices + flight combinations. Its just a weekend trip so I am trying to get the most of my time for my money.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Contributing Member

Well, Minneapolis is a Delta fortress hub, so they'll probably have the best choice. The same thing, however, could be said of SFO being a United hub. I would think that, pricing alone, SFO is the better choice simply due to the fact that more carriers operate there, all of which want to have your business and will try to undercut the others. Customer service-wise, though, Oakland might be better since it's smaller (relatively speaking), and there's a better chance of personalized service. So, it depends on what's most important. I'm not a fan of Northworst (which got swallowed by Delta), so I'd say either American or United, but that's just me.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:39 PM
Contributing Member

I flew Delta from LAX over the summer. I have looked it up on Kayak and it seems Continental and Delta were within about $5 of each other and about $15 more than South West which I hate. Sure I get a free checked bag but I am not sure that is worth it to me. I have only ever flown out of OAK so I have no clue what SFO is like. It looks like it takes the same amount of time to get to either on the airporter from Santa Rosa. I am tempted to fly out of OAK and come back through SFO so I can have more time in MSP

Old 04-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Contributing Member

SFO is going to be a nuthouse; but MSP is the same way. $15 is about the cost of your checked bag on average, so it's actually negligible. Continental has (well, had) some rave reviews, so if that's the way you're leaning, I'd definitely say go with them (they're part of United now, FWIW).

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby