Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 05-05-2006, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
Lynn, I am glad you enjoyed it. But those conferences tend to be best for networking, and not actually learning stuff.
I would agree with that. The networking was great. I did learn a few interesting things too, but the connections and deals made were definitely the greater benefit.

It's a good opportunity too, to see old friends and meet people in person that I've worked with online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
Also, be careful who you become buddies with. Sometimes "friends with X" means "not friends with Y".

The SEO industry is rife with politics, alliances and anti-alliances.
It's a completely different circle than the one I've been involved with the last few years. Like I said, this was my first time attending the PubCon. So I'm not "in" enough to be aware of those things, I guess.

At any rate, I hope I didnt step on any toes here by mentioning it. It certainly wasnt my intention.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-05-2006, 05:12 AM
Individualist

No, Lynn, no toes stepped on

Old 05-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Contributing Member

I didn't see your reply to my thread until now, too late, or I would have made a point of saying hi to you at Pubcon in Boston Lynn. Sorry! Got to agree with John though, it's best for networking, not learning. My biggest complaint was that all of the presentations I saw were very dull, stuff you can get from reading "SEO for Dummies" or something of the like. Jim Boykin's presentation was really the only bit of info I saw that isn't a well documented SEO technique.

Sadly, I didn't even get to take advantage of the networking very much either. I had a scheduling conflict with the major networking event at the actual pub. Didn't make it that day at all. Plus, there's really too little time between sessions to have much of a conversation at all, I got to say hi to a few people that's it. Not that it matters a whole lot, I don't really need to network with any of the hot shot SEOs at the Pubcon, they've got nothing I need.

Old 06-02-2006, 05:55 PM

Ahh - yes, sorry I missed meeting you there!

I enjoyed Jim Boykin's session as well. I especially liked his article on co-citation that was on his blog prior to the event. Good stuff!

I had a great time meeting up with old friends, and even made a few new ones. I'm glad I went

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby