Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-23-2011, 10:37 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Thumbs up "Acts of Kindness"

What have you done lately for someone you don't know without having any other benefit for yourself, other than "Making you feel good".

I recently took my wife to Red Lobster for our 16th anniversary, parking lot was full so I dropped my wife off to put our name in while I searched for a parking spot. When I finally found one and started my way into the restaurant, a little old lady was sitting on the bench outside asking everyone that walked by if they could jump her car off, battery died. Not sure how long she had been asking but I jumped right on it, loosing my parking spot that took awhile to find.lol Jumped her off without a hitch, I found another parking spot in the matter of seconds. I couldn't take hers because she was in a handicap space.

I am a strong believer of "What Goes around Comes Around".

What's your Story!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-23-2011, 12:41 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Okay, I'll also allow those acts of kindness to people you know.

This is what inspired me to start this thread anyways, it happened today!

One of my lawn care accounts, "A Widow", called me and told me her Rain Bow Vacuum wasn't working. She knew we had one from past conversations and she thought I could fix it. I told her I'll come take a look, she thought it was the motor.

I was thinking she's calling the wrong guy for the job, I don't know a thing about vacuums. lol I ended up fixing it, it was a simple fix, I cleaned her filter that sits on the bowl of water. I surprised myself with the fix and you would have thought I had given her a million bucks. It made her day and made mine because she was so over joyed.

I mostly maintain lawns but I occasionally change light bulbs, get something heavy out of a car trunk, and now vacuum repairs. lol

Tell us your good deeds! If you have none, you need to do some, "Makes ya feel Good".

Old 08-24-2011, 07:30 AM
Contributing Member

I always sacrfice my own time and even my personal life to make people feel happy and satisfied, butnot everybody understand it.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:37 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Glad to hear that. By the lack of responses here I think your right, very few understand it. lol If you would, please share an example or two, folks might learn something from it. If we touch only one with this thread, it's worth it.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:41 AM
Contributing Member

for me about acts of kindness whenever i am in a train going back to my home i always make sure i pay for someone transport... and some times i give to the poor the little i have i actually dont have much but i sacrifice a lot

Old 08-24-2011, 08:56 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

It's been said "What you Give, you get back 10 Fold". Not sure if that is true but if it is some of us are going to make out good. lol

Do I need to get in front of you or behind you at the station? That's Cool!

Old 08-24-2011, 05:33 PM
Latest Blog:
None

There was this lady who came up to me and my friend late at night. She told me that she works at night cleaning offices. And that she would get fired if she couldn't get to work. She was out of gas but didn't have money to buy the gas can holder and asked if I could help her out. She was about to cry but I gave her $10 right the way. My friend asked what if she was lying? I simply said if she were lying, that $10 was for the show she put on in front of me. If she was in trouble, I just helped someone.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:48 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Random acts of kindness are simply a way of life for me and my family. We are always on the lookout for ways to make a difference, if only to bring a smile to someone's day.

There is a wonderful site filled with ideas of things you can do.
http://www.randomactsofkindness.org/

Old 08-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I've done several things which have been out of acts of kindness, which haven't been appreciated back. I can't remember all of them, but there have been a few. Even though you said for people you don't know, I've brought stuff for people who inspire me, and help them out when they do.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Acts of kindness really means to me. I can't remember how i did but fortunately on my part ,I appreciate what I've done cos it really comes form my heart . you know what?it's hard to find someone who is kind and act naturally without disguise.It keeps me warm when I'm having of that person who does have that kind of manner.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:54 AM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I try do something for someone everyday. IT doesn't always work out that way though, as my work seems to be turning me into a phantom of late . I like to help out, and not just because it makes me feel good. I know that by helping someone, I am lifting some of the load off them so they can concentrate on other things. I believe in karma. What you do you get back, so if you are bad, you get the bad.

Nowdays I am busy working, but I do extra work for my boss, because I know he is too busy to get to it all, I help people on forums, when I am online, and I create things for people if they want something designed.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:15 AM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I would not say decision, but you're right in a way. Thank you. I have a philosophy, If I can make someone's life better or happier in any way, it's worth doing.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:57 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Since moms can't usually handle their small kids together (with 3 to 4 siblings) in public especially if they are riding on a public transport, I made some effort to lessen her burden via entertaining some of them when I get stumble some bunch on my way to work or on the plane.

In a way, the mom won't get embarrassed if she become helpless when her kids become out of control.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

This morning I almost walked by a man with no fore arms begging in front of a fast food joint. I took pity on this man and gave him spare change in his plastic cup.

Thinking about him now, he could have had leprosy.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:03 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

This is great guys, I initially thought I had a flop thread. I love reading these "Acts of Kindness", keep them coming! It reminds me the world isn't all that bad. Thanks!!

Old 09-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I'm a good listener. I let my friends talk about their problems, I absorbed their stress. Giving them some piece of advice which they reluctantly obey and look up to.

I help people who really in need, I accommodate them as long as I could and sometimes giving my whole time.

facebook.com/V7Network <-- hit "Like" button.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:59 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

i gave 5 dollers to a fund raiser for food for the homless.

my friend gave 25 cents just so he could take a loli-pop they offerd.

Fighter jet games

Old 09-16-2011, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

When I was at school, and was about 16 at the time, I remember some guy that used to round bullying the other students. I knew him from primary school and he was always ok with me.

I know he had a rough time at home and felt sorry for him.

One day, he decided to push his luck and approached me during lunch break, and he decided to start trying to rile me up.

I calmly just spoke to him, took a bag of potato chips out of the bag and offered them to him. Believe it or not, he just wanted to be acknowleged.

A few moments after, one of my friends who was a HUGE guy, about 6.2 feet and built like a rugby player, came round the corner, went into his bag that I was looking after and found that his chips were missing, he looked up, only to find this other guy eating them.

I was trully amazed at just how badly the bully was cussing me out, as he was being pumelled by the big guy - (some people have no respect!)

Moral of the story is this, I don't care what some people say, sometimes, it really is a good idea to look a gift-horse in the mouth.

Ok, you may be wondering how does this equates to an act of kindness?

Easy, I was sitting next to another students bag, and he was a complete psychopath that would have destroyed the bully, but I spared him that fate. Heck, the guy should be thanking me

Not sure if I have quite got the hang of this Acts Of Kindness thing!!

Old 09-19-2011, 11:32 PM
Contributing Member

I'm glad to know your stories,

My story happened this month. While waiting for a bus, a dirty man beg for a money for his fare going back home. He went to his brother's house but his brother was already lives in other place. Frustrated man walked for how many miles and since he is tired, he asked for a help.

My heart was touched and I gave him more than money he need.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Helping out others when ever you can and hopefully someday they may do something kind for someone else...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby