Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/)
-   Forum Lobby (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forum-lobby/)
-   -   Is Facebook Driving You Crazy Today? (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forum-lobby/274337-facebook-driving-you-crazy-today.html)

Cricket 09-21-2011 07:32 AM

Is Facebook Driving You Crazy Today?

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.v7n.com/forums/attachment...oday-crazy.jpg

Is Facebook driving you crazy today? Are all the changes making you want to throw something? Grab a cup of coffee then because this thread is for you.

Sit down, relax, and just have some fun hanging out with folks here on the V7N. We are sure to find ways to have you laughing so hard that your side will ache. :mrgreen:

What's the topic? Heck, I don't know. Life is dynamic. Let's just see where the conversation leads....

If you are still a little lost, join in our our newest challenge.
http://blog.v7n.com/2011/09/19/photo...-and-blogging/

Dan Williamson 09-21-2011 07:34 AM

My manager has had the audacity to leave a CD from Webroot on my desk. I despise the company.

You said life was dynamic. :D

~kev~ 09-21-2011 07:36 AM

No, I just roll with the flow.

In the words of the blues brothers, rollin, roillin, rollin, rawhide!!!!!

People need another social networking site besides facebook and google +. I tried google + and it was confusing.

Facebook is lacking so many basic features, its silly. I have to install an add-on to get my youtube videos on my page. There should be a way to import feeds from other sites, such as twitter and youtube. At one time facebook had a recent blog post feed, but I think it was removed.

Dan Williamson 09-21-2011 07:47 AM

It's a very slow day today and even V7N seems to be slower. I wish I lived in your time-zones for the majority of you.

Cricket 09-21-2011 08:24 AM

This is how I responded (on FB) to the changes...

Quote:

Life is just way too short to get hung up over changes in Facebook. We aren’t here because of the layout. We’re here because of the wonderful network connections and friendships we have found and developed here. So, let’s get back to it. Let’s choose to make today a good day! ♥
We all tend to be creatures of habit and slow to like much change in our lives, but getting hung up on those changes soon becomes the bigger issue...

This article may give you more understanding of the changes and those to come.
http://www.businessinsider.com/faceb...-expect-2011-9

Cricket 09-21-2011 10:32 AM

Another thought I posted...

Quote:

Ya wanna know one of the positive changes? Let's say I want to send an update status to just my family members - if I have taken the time to organize my friends lists, all I have to do is click on family (left side navigation) and post my update. Only my family members will see it. How cool is that? Learn about the new updates and I bet you will like them more. Just my 2 cents...

ScriptMan 09-21-2011 11:37 AM

The changes are not bothering me at all since I don't use FaceBook and have no plans to do so. I do extend my empathy to those of you who are having issues.

PRLuv 09-21-2011 05:37 PM

Facebook makes changes, and I'm alone in liking it?

I'm an information junkie. The new layout does throw out a lot of information but it also is information I can use to stay more tapped in to what's current. I like the scrolling ticker, especially when I'm posting or sharing as a page, as I have a unique profile picture and I feel I'm probably drawing attention through that ticker that normally I wasn't receiving.

I think there are a lot of benefits to it - is everyone here against it? What do you think, for and against?

snakeair 09-21-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRLuv (Post 1752739)
I'm an information junkie. The new layout does throw out a lot of information but it also is information I can use to stay more tapped in to what's current. I like the scrolling ticker, especially when I'm posting or sharing as a page, as I have a unique profile picture and I feel I'm probably drawing attention through that ticker that normally I wasn't receiving.

I think there are a lot of benefits to it - is everyone here against it? What do you think, for and against?

I merged a similiar thread that Cricket has created already. If you have not done so already, check out the links she posted.

PRLuv 09-21-2011 05:45 PM

Thank you. ;-) I didn't even look in the lobby, just went right to social media marketing, haha.

I do think the new layout does seem to have a lot of beneficial points to it for promotion.

MrSS 09-21-2011 06:42 PM

I must say I'm free to facebook's hand.
Since I already deactivated my account a couple of months ago, since my girlfriend is saying something about us which I think should be talked between us in private.

Anyway, when I'm using facebook way back 0000BC LOL, I was so annoyed when the chat / messages is not responding, I use both FF and GC yet same result.
So I tend to close that window are restore it again, hell!
Also I hate so many pictures of people I really don't know and I don't really care ..ehehe .. Maybe because of the inheritance thing.

I accidentally see so many pictures from my friend's albums appearing on the right side, same as with so many ads.
The solution I think is the install Adblocker in my FF and CG, configure the settings, target all the frames I hate and it worked! Oh yeah! Since then I can browse facebook with less annoyance.

Pooky 09-21-2011 07:20 PM

I logged into FB for the first time today just a few minutes ago and was like WTF are they doing now? :roll:

iconic 09-21-2011 07:27 PM

Yes, but for me, their new feature is really cool, actually maybe they are afraid because Google launch the Google Plus already :D

Pooky 09-21-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iconic (Post 1752771)
Yes, but for me, their new feature is really cool, actually maybe they are afraid because Google launch the Google Plus already :D

After using Facebook for so long, I'm finding Google+ a little confusing. :?

indybail 09-22-2011 06:40 AM

Why make all these changes the day Google Plus is made available to the general public? Why risk all this dissatisfaction (short term or not) the very day a serious competitor goes on line. They should have done this a while back when there was no alternative to stray with.

Nono15 09-22-2011 08:53 PM

whatever changes they make i still love to use facebook to connect with family and friends

loreyn04 09-22-2011 11:06 PM

it's still tolerable ^O^V

Muddy 09-29-2011 08:05 AM

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/tec...926-1ksfk.html

snakeair 09-29-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muddy (Post 1758846)

hmmmm

Facebook Fixes Cookie Issues as Lawmakers Urge FTC Privacy Probe

This blog post may need it's own thread if people want to discuss it. lol

Muddy 09-29-2011 05:05 PM

Agreed.

xubair 09-29-2011 06:22 PM

I really love these changes and people would take some time (probably a month) to get used to these changes when they finally roll out for everyone.

During that one month, it would be interesting to see who is abused more: Facebook or the creator of Facebook.

smartlistoverful 09-30-2011 07:55 AM

if i only had the power to bring back the old set up of facebook i will do that.. crazy facebook..

blueitservices 10-08-2011 05:20 AM

Do You like updates in facebook

Hi guys,

What do you think about the recent updates/changes in Facebook .
Do you think that Security in Facebook has increased?

snakeair 10-08-2011 05:55 AM

*merged similiar thread*

v7nkeo 10-18-2011 07:06 PM

whatever changes they make i still love to use facebook to connect with family and friends

fariha 10-19-2011 09:34 AM

No facebook not driving me crazy today.....

anggaman 10-22-2011 08:55 AM

yes it is, facebook is messing with it's privacy option feature!!

eXtendiaIT 10-24-2011 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeair (Post 1759028)
hmmmm

Facebook Fixes Cookie Issues as Lawmakers Urge FTC Privacy Probe

This blog post may need it's own thread if people want to discuss it. lol

Oh, really. I wanted to share a recent experience of mine. Annoying:oops:

Maybe it should be in another post, but it also fits here about ANNOYING.

My friend deleted his activation key from his cell phone. Accidentally. There is an interface to resend the key by SMS. There was a bug there (it's not re-sending), and he reported. He basically can't now access his account. And here what he received from Facebook holly team:

Quote:

We need to verify your identity before we can grant you access to this account.

If you don't have a government-issued photo ID, please reply to this email and attach copies of at least TWO documents that are from a respected institution (for example: business, school) and combined show your full name, birthday, and picture.

We encourage you to cover any personal information (for example: address, license number) that we don't need to confirm your identity. We also recommend sending your attachments over a secure connection. Find out more here: https://www.facebook.com/help/?page=148993491850191.

Some examples of acceptable documents include:

- School or work ID
- Library card
- Utility bill
- Credit card (with the number covered)
- Birth certificate

If possible, please save this file as a JPEG. Once we receive a clear image of your identification, we will reevaluate the status of your account and permanently delete your attached identification document from our servers.

Please note that we will be unable to process your request unless you send in proper identification.

Thanks,

Holly
User Operations
Facebook
What do you think he should do hmmmmmmmm