Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 01-04-2012, 10:17 PM
v7n Mentor

Are you a collector?

I just read a rather amusing blog post about collecting ... how by some definitions a collection can be anything a person gathers a number of -- not just stamps, coins, or comic books. The author then admitted to realizing that she collected jeans.

So ... curious ... what do you collect?

My list is embarrassingly long, but I *will* say that I'm very good at organizing it, so at least you don't SEE 90% of it ...

I collect old canning jars and other old and useful kitchen things, scrapbook papers, nonfiction books, DVDs, tools related to my hobbies, and I have a pretty good stash of yarns/ribbons/fabrics.

How about y'all?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Blue Rose Mentor

Pens and DVD's. I am always buying or getting new interesting pens, and I keep them and hardly ever use them. I have a set of different colored gel ink pens I haven't used since I got them about 4 years ago.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:44 AM
v7n Mentor

Oh, interesting on the pens. When I find a new type I like, I tend to want them in every color. I like to write in colors. It's been about two years since I bought a set though. I think the last ones I bought were called "G2" or something similar. I'm sure you probably have a better pen collection than me though.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:48 AM
Blue Rose Mentor

My favorite out of all of them is a ratchet pen. It looks like a real ratchet, but you turn the handle if you want to write and the nib comes out the bottom of the handle. When you're done writing, you turn the handle again and the nib retracts.

Sadly, with two girls around, a few of my pens do end up being used at some point, and a few are lost in the wars. But I still keep the pen after the ink is finished, if I can't get refills for it. lol

Old 01-05-2012, 01:38 AM
Contributing Member

I collect wives. lmao jk

I collect martial art weapons and fantasy blades. I have hundreds of swords. I pity the fool that tries to rob me. lol

I also collect Mac Tools and video games.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:33 AM
Contributing Member

As for me I can say that I just collect souveniers from different countries of the world and I have so many of them that sometimes I don't know where to put them

Old 01-06-2012, 07:21 AM
v7n Mentor

Books, boots, coats, dogs, guns, and cowboy hats. It's just silly, and there's not room for all of them.

There's one other thing, but its gotta stop cause the crawl space is almost full.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Contributing Member

Once upon a time....

I once collect keychains that I bought from many places and tie it up to my green pencil box.

Then, I left my pencil box somewhere and poof! It is gone, with all my keychains that is.

What a waste of money I thought.

From then on, I didn't collect anything forever.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Contributing Member

I used to be a hoarder. I would collect odds and ends in case I ever needed them like I was Mc Guyver or something. Never anything that would rot though.

It was so bad that my closet was full and everything was on the floor. If I needed something I would be tossing things around the room looking for it.

But this was when I was living in a tiny little apartment in Hawaii. Now that I live by the sea I have all this open space to sink my stuff in.
Nah just kidding.

Now I collect files, you know the kind on you're hard drive? In case I ever need them someday. Even if I don't open the folder for 2 years it sits on my numerous hard drives collecting cyberdust. I am a bit weird but for some reason I cannot bring myself to delete things I don't need because in my mind it has aged. And the older the file the finer the wine.

But fortunately for my hard drive, I am making a priority list. Also I am thinking of uploading all my "junk" to the internet. So that they are out there somewhere and I can simply use Google to acquire them again when I need them. Spread out on multiple mirrors.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Contributing Member

MrSS Collection

I'm in ... Good to be back on the loop!

When I were an elementary grade school, I used to collect post card, mini post cards to be exact. Some kids used to play them, but me? No! I don't play them, I used to look at them nicely and appreciate the drawing. When I have spare time, I draw the character(s) on that post card.

When I get matured ... I used to collect wisdom, good friends, knowledge, great memories. Sounds cheesy right? But really, it's not a material thing but those things are more of value to improve myself as a person, to cultivate my moral and strengthen my personality. These collection are my real treasure and glad to share to everyone.

Old 01-06-2012, 08:51 PM

I have been collecting things for years.....some very valuable......

I hope my three ex-wives enjoy them........and hope IRS finds out when they sell them.....

Old 01-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Contributing Member

I am also collect books,antic jewellery and chocolate.

b.c

Old 01-07-2012, 04:18 AM
Contributing Member

DVD's I suppose, nothing exciting, although I wouldn't mind having a nice super car collection

Old 01-07-2012, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

The only thing that i collect is ticket stubs from sporting/music events that i attended. I have a whole shoe box filled to the top with them and starting a new one. Been doing this since i was 5 years old. I still have a few thousand baseball cards that i collected when i was a kid but i have not touched them in 16 year's. I'm sure some are worth good money but they staying in my closet collecting dust.

Old 01-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Contributing Member

i wouldn't consider myself a collector. i do have a decent "collections" of posters that i've saved over time throughout my youth. ranging from comic book posters to musical ones. i guess a vast majority of people do this though.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:59 AM
Contributing Member

Since my childhood, I have been collecting the wrappers of Bathing soap. The fragrance impresses me much... I used at least 1000 brands (with many flavour) of soap. I love lime flavour.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:52 AM
Contributing Member

Hmm let's see.. I collect knives... I've always had an interest in blades and I like to acquire them when I can

As well as cards. I collect a series called Magic: The Gathering. Fun game to play and it requires thought, which I like lol

Old 01-23-2012, 11:26 PM
Contributing Member

I do collect stamps & different country currencies...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby