Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-27-2012, 11:39 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

"The Value of a Penny"

As many in this forum know, I have recently started a new business. I have been working on getting display labels, bar code labels, and post cards in rather large quantity's to promote and sell my new product.

From this, I have learned the true value of a penny. It blows my mind how much a single penny adds up when your dealing with large volumes. Many will walk by a penny on the ground and think it's not even worth picking up, I was one of those people. No Longer! Lol I have now learned the true value of a single penny.

The moral of this story, pick that penny up next time, it's worth more than just one cents.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Call me cheap but when i go into the breakroom at work, i check the vending machines for change in the slot. You know people buy something and forget to pickup the change.

You snooze, you lose. lol

All the pennies that i collect go into a big jar and i cash it in when i go on vacation. That's gas money or for this year, enough gas money to get out of the state.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:25 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Before I belong to those who pass by single penny on the street, for me it's not worth my time. However, my uncle made me realized how much a single penny worth, I remember when we grocery the cashier personnel didn't hand him the exact change, he insisted the change is incomplete he want get it full. I asked him "Uncle, don't ask for it anymore. It has no value anymore, you can't buy anything for that amount." He raised his voice a bit and say "Though it's a single penny, I worked for it. Tell me, if you worked for almost 10 hours a day, will you be happy if somebody would take away things you worked so hard?". I nod and got his point. And the cashier attendant find way to give the exact change. When we got home he showed me his collection of pennies, I was amazed seeing those five (5) or so 1.5 litter bottle size full of pennies. He told me "That's all pennies I got since last 3 years. I value 'em so much, I worked for it so hard." and this January, we go in the bank and have it replaced.

facebook.com/V7Network <-- hit "Like" button.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Cool The Value Of A Penny

I think that a penny is actually worth more than a penny know, an actual penny has value in the metal that is in it and they say that it takes 5 or 6 cents just to make a penny today. Saving pennies seems like a better Idea by the day.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:08 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Yeah the fact it costs more to make a penny than what it's worth is why Canada is getting rid of them and just having you round to nearest dime Or for things like checks you can be specific. And pennies definitely can add up, 100 is a dollar! Another day another dollar

Old 04-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Little drops of water
Little grains of sand
Make the mighty ocean
And the beauteous land
So goes the poetry. Little things definitely count. Pay attention to finer things for a better future

Old 05-04-2012, 04:22 AM
Contributing Member

Wow, you would be surprised about how many companies made million just earning a few pennies from every single sale of theirs . This is what I currently do right now, though

Good luck with business !

Some cool online stories about big entrepreneurs and their ideas on my homepage.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby