Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #161  
Old 06-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Prado's Avatar
Prado Prado is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-05-06
Location: 33 13' N 92 49' W
Posts: 421
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I think it is safe to say that you can't generalize any gender/race/age/ etc. Everyone is diferent & all situations depend on curent/past circumstances. It is hard sometimes not to assume that someone will be "just like" someone else because of your own bad experience with that particular group or individual but if we were all the same we would have all killed eachother by now
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #162  
Old 06-30-2006, 09:58 AM
cimmeron's Avatar
cimmeron cimmeron is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-16-06
Posts: 2,511
iTrader: 0 / 0%
John - your over generalizations have really gotten old. I thought this was the land of 'no judgement' and here you are, judging an entire gender based on your experiences. Maybe the women you ended up with were out to 'get' you or maybe your unhealthy attitude contributed to the downfall. I don't know, I wasn't there. There are some really bad people out there, men and women, and until you stop condemning women simply for being women, you will never have a happy satisfying relationship.

now, on the stalking issue and 'playing the victim' - I'd like to know when, John, at what did you say? 6'4" ... you have EVER ever felt like a victim ... physically and emotionally having someone that is most likely bigger and stronger than you, screaming at you, pushing you around, probably throwing things, because you know, men DO that....calling you all kinds of nasty names, bringing up all the secrets you shared and twisting them into something horrible and ugly, causing you to doubt yourself, doubt your worth in life, doubt pretty much everything until you're so ****ed in the head that you don't even have the self esteem to run.....when THAT has happened to you, John, then you have the right to play the so-called victim card.

Because the problem with this kind of thing is that it doesn't stop, it typically gets worse and worse and worse. Maybe you can luck out and be with someone who recognizes what a prick he is and fixes it, gets help, whatever....but usually, it does not. So, when do you believe the victim, John? After they're dead? that's sort of the problem here....if you don't believe them, and they die, then what have you done? You've let down the weakest and most needy person simply because you have a gender bias that makes you believe that all women play the victim.

Let's say we were in the same room and you got really pissed at me (which is very likely to happen ). At your height, you're going to be nearly a foot taller than me... That is a bit imposing. I'm a strong woman and I can kick some ass if I have to, but you're still going to be stronger than me, and I know that. If you wanted to move me out of your way... wouldn't be too hard. And if you were pissed...you know people tend to be more forceful when they're pissed. Should I be afraid of you? Probably. So, what do I do? Do I back down even though I'm so pissed at you I would like to wring your neck? Ah yes, submission. Maybe I should roll onto my back and expose my neck, too, like dogs do? Submission does a lot of really great stuff for the ego, let me tell you. Or do I stand up to you? Are you going to hit me? I don't know because my experience tells me that most men hit and hit hard. Can you see, even slightly here, that I am at a disadvantage simply because I'm a woman, I'm smaller than you and I'm not as strong. So, what do I do? I probably walk away because I don't want to risk it - and that really sucks you know that?

And to clarify here, I am not saying that you are acting in a physicially imposing way at all...you simply are, based on your size and the fact that you're mad. Do you get what I'm saying here? At all? Maybe women aren't always ALWAYS playing the victim, maybe they are really, honestly, legitmately scared....have you ever considered that?
 
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 06-30-2006, 04:50 PM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
You know it's funny.

People never seem to read the entire thread. If one would do such a thing they would see that John never stated that ALL women are that particular way.

He was never generalizing to that extent.

[QUOTE=cimmeron]having someone that is most likely bigger and stronger than you, screaming at you, pushing you around, probably throwing things, because you know, men DO that....
QUOTE]

Who's judging an entire gender based on their experiences now?

Not ALL men are like that. I couldnt harm the woman I loved if my life depended on it!! Not to mention I couldnt harm any woman for that matter.
 
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 06-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I hate women.
 
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 06-30-2006, 04:56 PM
cimmeron's Avatar
cimmeron cimmeron is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-16-06
Posts: 2,511
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-Z
You know it's funny.

People never seem to read the entire thread. If one would do such a thing they would see that John never stated that ALL women are that particular way.

He was never generalizing to that extent.

Who's judging an entire gender based on their experiences now?

Not ALL men are like that. I couldnt harm the woman I loved if my life depended on it!! Not to mention I couldnt harm any woman for that matter.
it's called sarcasm....look it up in this thing called a dictionary
 
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 06-30-2006, 04:58 PM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Oh ya that DEFINITELY sounded like sarcasm where the hell is the rollseyes smilie when I need it

Last edited by Daniel-Z; 06-30-2006 at 05:23 PM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 06-30-2006, 04:59 PM
cimmeron's Avatar
cimmeron cimmeron is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-16-06
Posts: 2,511
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-Z
Oh ya that DEFINITELY sounded like sarcasm where the hell is the rollseyes smilie when I need it
 
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 06-30-2006, 05:02 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-Z
... where the hell is the rollseyes smilie when I need it
Right .. sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom
I hate women.
 
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 06-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Boy, I gotta go back and read this thread ... kept up for a while but, people are making speeches here and when I see that I sometimes just skip over them if I'm being lazy or in a hurry. Bad habit. I don't do it too much though, I generally bull right through them and continue on.
 
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 06-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Well yeah it's a crime.

I think.

I dunno.


I would never let a woman touch my 16 y/o a$$! No waaaaaay!

 
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 06-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
**** now I see I needed to set the editor option to "standard Editor" do get all the smilies



Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom
Well yeah it's a crime.

I think.

I dunno.


I would never let a woman touch my 16 y/o a$$! No waaaaaay!

Mwahahahahahahaha
 
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 06-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
 
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 06-30-2006, 05:21 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I hope Cim ain't mad cause I mentioned speeches shortly after she posted one.

Hey Cim, no offense meant.
 
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 06-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I wouldnt let it ruin your day Atom.
 
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 06-30-2006, 05:25 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Well no but what I should have done was mention no offense to anyone in the initial post. : /
 
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 06-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom
Well no but what I should have done was mention no offense to anyone in the initial post. : /
Well hey you've made up for it now
 
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 06-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Yeah true. I just don't think a lot before I submit. that's why I edit so much .. I either am correcting or adding to clarify. Some people I think think that I'm maliciously editing my posts, but I don't do that. It's never malicious.






‡╜⌂

Last edited by Atom; 06-30-2006 at 05:33 PM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 06-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Sounds good to me
 
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 06-30-2006, 06:33 PM
cimmeron's Avatar
cimmeron cimmeron is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-16-06
Posts: 2,511
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom
Yeah true. I just don't think a lot before I submit. that's why I edit so much .. I either am correcting or adding to clarify. Some people I think think that I'm maliciously editing my posts, but I don't do that. It's never malicious.






‡╜⌂
I promise, Atom, if I'm mad, I'll let you know.
 
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 06-30-2006, 06:38 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
oh ..

k



Well are you?
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crime Rates John Scott Controversial Social Issues 58 09-28-2007 05:25 AM
Mandatory Gun Ownership Reduces Crime John Scott Controversial Social Issues 66 05-28-2007 05:45 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:59 PM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC