Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #21  
Old 06-02-2006, 05:04 AM
Trapper's Avatar
Trapper Trapper is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 06-03-05
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 840
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Your balls are bigger than your brains! I'm still reeling over this one. Wow
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #22  
Old 06-02-2006, 05:42 AM
Rankenstein's Avatar
Rankenstein Rankenstein is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 11-14-05
Location: Manchester
Posts: 3,140
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Hey, this thread went nice and ugly, didn't it?

It's a damn shame people feel like that.

I'm fortunate, I'm a Euro-mongrel, a bit of everything: English, Irish, Scottish, Italian, Polish, Russian...some Swedish a bit further back. My sister is technically Welsh, born in Prestatyn. My brother is technically a cockney, born within the sound of Bow Bells. My mum is a scouser (someone from Liverpool) and I consider myself a Mancunian (someone from Manchester).

I've held Canadian immigrant status, in previous years had an unlimited US Visa, and also lived in the US and Germany.

Finally, my dad was an immigrant to the UK.

This gives me quite a lot of perspective, as you might imagine Enough at least to know that racism sucks wads.
 
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-02-2006, 06:14 AM
G10's Avatar
G10 G10 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 05-10-04
Location: UK - Cheshire
Posts: 11,765
iTrader: 5 / 100%
If there's 2 things I hate, they are racism and Wops....















Oh......!
 
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-02-2006, 06:17 AM
SVB's Avatar
SVB SVB is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Posts: 3,112
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Sim you eegit
 
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-02-2006, 06:24 AM
kristeejo's Avatar
kristeejo kristeejo is offline
xo mudslide
 
Join Date: 05-03-04
Posts: 7,762
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Ignorance is Everywhere

Ignorance will never cease to amaze me. This guy is downing an entire race of people because he feels they "smell" funny, yet he cannot spell most words in his post. Maybe if he would've paid more attention to his studies, he would've been able to learn how to explore more of his brain in other areas of life as well.

Racism is passed down from generation to generation and is plain and simply IGNORANCE. Hatred because of skin color is no different than hating people with green eyes. It is FEAR of the unknown and believing myths that have been passed down by people you trusted as children.

It is my guess that the young man who feels hatred of an entire race has never had the courage of Martin Luther King, Fred Shuttlesworth and many others who stood up to hatred no matter what the cost.

All this said, I am a WHITE person who is awed by the courage these men and women had to change the face of a nation and I'm disgusted by people like you.
 
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-02-2006, 06:30 AM
Prado's Avatar
Prado Prado is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-05-06
Location: 33 13' N 92 49' W
Posts: 421
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I suppose sim would hate inter racial dating & whatnot as well... and before you respond let me let you know my husband is not white
 
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-02-2006, 06:39 AM
JuggoPop's Avatar
JuggoPop JuggoPop is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-09-03
Posts: 4,278
iTrader: 0 / 0%
The smell funny issue goes both ways.

I always heard white people complaining about the smell of blacks... (Personally I think it's the hair products that white people are not a custom to using and so they "smell" it more... but that's another story.)

What was funny, was when I was in class years back and this black friend of mine started bitching because it was raining... when I asked what the big deal was she said... "water makes white people stink"... she said it's common knowledge that white people smell like wet dog when wet. I had never heard that, or even noticed...

So I asked more of my black friends about this myth, and they all said it's true. So... I don't notice a smell. But it seems they do.

Point here is, all of these hatreds and misunderstandings go both ways... and 99.9% of them are myths and grow from lack of intelligence.
 
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-02-2006, 07:01 AM
ablaye ablaye is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 04-24-06
Posts: 137
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by sim
Theres so many reasons.

For starters, they jumped me because i called a black person a ****** but if a "******" called a black a "******". nothing would happen. They smell for some reason. not really sure. Most of the girls have dreads or breads or whatever the hell there called and there hair cant be washed which is disgusting. there just disgusting people. theres more

how many white jokes can you find? how many black jokes? im not the only person. theres more

It is true they mostly interview black people instead of white. black commit more crimes (another reason) and more. more blacks sell drugs.
JohnScott,

How can you tolerated this stinky pig in your forum? How can you allow this piece of **** post crap like that?

His points are not even worth responding to.
 
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-02-2006, 07:54 AM
John Scott's Avatar
John Scott John Scott is offline
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Ablaye, my job is not to make everybody think a certain way. It's just to host the board and and allow discussion.

Racism is a very real isssue, is it not? Racism is perhaps a more real issue than SEO. So discuss it.

And, Ablaye, if you're anti-hatred why are you sending hate PM's to Sim? That doesn't solve anything. When you see a fire burning, do you run over and throw gasoline on it?

I don't even know what race Sim is.
 
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-02-2006, 08:22 AM
TekKen TekKen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: 06-02-06
Posts: 72
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Ferre your views on sim being dumb and ugly because he is racist is that not the same stereotypical views your saying you hate?
I think sim is entitled to his opinion as we all are and im sure he has experiences which make him feel the way he does towards blacks.

I myself came from an area of London which the majority of was black, the crime rate, the stabbings, the drugs etc was all extremely high and one of the highest in London if not England. Then moving to a more upper class area in north London which was mainly all white the crime rate and all the above all drops by a huge amount. Does that mean blacks commit more crime and are worse people probably not on a whole, but in my experience it does and its experience which gives us our opinions.
At school in my old area black kids where just as racist towards whites as whites are towards blacks. The people on the street hated whites, a white guy would not stand a chance or not being mugged walking around at night. Its these things which make us racist in my opinion and its whats made me develop my views on black people and i myself if i had to choose between saving the life of a black person or the same of a white person i know i would choose the white person and i think most people would choose there own race, so that in sense makes most of us racist.
I also think most people do have racist views for other races im not saying there strong enough to make everyone "hate" other races but there strong enough to make the majority of people racist.
I think everyone is entitled to their opinion so why be so hard on sim?
 
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-02-2006, 08:26 AM
John Scott's Avatar
John Scott John Scott is offline
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
At school in my old area black kids where just as racist towards whites as whites are towards blacks.
I personally have never witnessed that. I have witnessed a huge amount of racism, but 95% of it was originating with Blacks, and aimed at Whites and Asians.
 
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-02-2006, 08:28 AM
kristeejo's Avatar
kristeejo kristeejo is offline
xo mudslide
 
Join Date: 05-03-04
Posts: 7,762
iTrader: 2 / 100%
It's a never-ending cycle. If you grew up missing opportunities simply because of the color of your skin, I'm sure that would change the way you viewed the race of people who restricted your career etc.
 
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-02-2006, 08:33 AM
G10's Avatar
G10 G10 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 05-10-04
Location: UK - Cheshire
Posts: 11,765
iTrader: 5 / 100%
TekKen, I agree, there are areas in London where I wouldn't feel safe as the streets are mainly run by black youth's.

We are all individual and what makes one person racist, someone else can rise above it.

A lot of people in the Arab world wipe their feet on US and UK flags and are taught to hate the west. That doesn't mean we need to hate them all back and surely trying to ascertain an understanding of why people are the way they are is better than just hating someone back.

Two wrongs do not make a right.
 
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-02-2006, 08:34 AM
TekKen TekKen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: 06-02-06
Posts: 72
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
I personally have never witnessed that. I have witnessed a huge amount of racism, but 95% of it was originating with Blacks, and aimed at Whites and Asians.
In England most people look on the racists as being white people, my point was that blacks are just as racist towards whites.
 
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-02-2006, 08:38 AM
John Scott's Avatar
John Scott John Scott is offline
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
It's a never-ending cycle. If you grew up missing opportunities simply because of the color of your skin, I'm sure that would change the way you viewed the race of people who restricted your career etc.
I think a lot of those "missed opportunities" are imagined.

When I was in prison, most of the inmates were military. It was pretty much half White, half Black.

The Whites were pissed at the military for their "affirmative action" policies that give priority to minorities. It means that if you're Black, Gay or a Woman, you get promoted fast. If you're White male, you don't get promoted.

Yeah, it's dumb system. It's racist.

The Blacks were pissed because they were victims. Most of the Black guys in there claimed that they were the victims of racism. "If I were White I wouldn't be here", this from a convicted and self-professed rapist.

And when they were handing out chow, the Black guys always seemed to think that they were "shorted" because they were Black. If I got "shorted" I put it down to bad luck, but for the Black population everything that happened to them was racial.

I don't see racism disappearing any time soon. The Gov't is endorsing it, and it's becoming worse by the year. Seriously.
 
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-02-2006, 08:40 AM
G10's Avatar
G10 G10 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 05-10-04
Location: UK - Cheshire
Posts: 11,765
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
I don't see racism disappearing any time soon. The Gov't is endorsing it, and it's becoming worse by the year. Seriously.
Thats sad but true dude.
 
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-02-2006, 08:40 AM
Julie's Avatar
Julie Julie is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 02-23-04
Location: Ohio
Posts: 11,127
iTrader: 0 / 0%
There's major racism here where I work. But its the other way around. The top people here are black, they hire all black people, so us white people are totally **** on most of the time.

Add that in with our patrons who are a majority of black people, and they don't want to listen to the white workers.
 
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-02-2006, 08:40 AM
TekKen TekKen is offline
Member
 
Join Date: 06-02-06
Posts: 72
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by G10
TekKen, I agree, there are areas in London where I wouldn't feel safe as the streets are mainly run by black youth's.

We are all individual and what makes one person racist, someone else can rise above it.

A lot of people in the Arab world wipe their feet on US and UK flags and are taught to hate the west. That doesn't mean we need to hate them all back and surely trying to ascertain an understanding of why people are the way they are is better than just hating someone back.

Two wrongs do not make a right.
One thing i hate is how some schools in England cannot even fly our own flag, how cab drivers in some areas are attacked for having the England flag on there car. These attacks dont come from white people but other races, races who have been allowed to live in our country somewhere along there family line. To me England has become far to multi cultural, drive through most places in London you cant miss apartments being built to house imigrants whilst we are paying for this out of our taxes, but how many of us actually want to house them?
 
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-02-2006, 08:43 AM
G10's Avatar
G10 G10 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 05-10-04
Location: UK - Cheshire
Posts: 11,765
iTrader: 5 / 100%
TekKen, as John said;

Quote:
The Gov't is endorsing it, and it's becoming worse by the year.
This is true and I don't for one minute believe that they don't realise they are doing this.
 
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-02-2006, 08:49 AM
kristeejo's Avatar
kristeejo kristeejo is offline
xo mudslide
 
Join Date: 05-03-04
Posts: 7,762
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
I think a lot of those "missed opportunities" are imagined.
Maybe so, but as a white male, you have no idea what it must be like to know an opportunity is unavailable to you because of the color of your skin. Sure - some of the 'cries' of injustice are not accurate, but there are MANY that are. I have NO DOUBT that if I were black, I would not be where I am today or would've had to work ALOT harder to get here. That is just the truth...
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What can you say about RACISM in US temyong Controversial Social Issues 233 10-13-2007 07:21 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:26 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC