Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 06-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Easily Outraged

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
Sim there are bad eggs in any racial group. Shouldn't write off the entire race because of a few bad eggs.
I'm not racist, but common stereotypes were true after Hurricane Katrina.

I did not like how every panned out and especially how the victims used their fema money. We are paying here in Louisiana.

Last edited by Nick; 06-02-2006 at 11:52 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie
There's major racism here where I work. But its the other way around. The top people here are black, they hire all black people, so us white people are totally **** on most of the time.

Add that in with our patrons who are a majority of black people, and they don't want to listen to the white workers.
now if the top people at your work was white and hired all white people. there be a lawsuit.

Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim
im english, irish, indian, german. maybe more.
Well go back to India then where you belong, get out of the states. Or come to Ireland and get your ass kicked by me. Racism is stupid.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:51 AM
v7n Mentor

I like what Ross Perot said in the early 90 in response to how he feels about some hate groups supporting him

"If you hate people, I don't want your vote!"

Old 06-02-2006, 12:22 PM

rainbows don't have white either...
white is the reflection of all color.
black is the adsorption of all color.

Old 06-02-2006, 12:23 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggoPop
rainbows don't have white either...
white is the reflection of all color.
black is the adsorption of all color.
I was gonna post that but it felt too fruity.... thanks for stepping up to the plate!

Old 06-02-2006, 12:24 PM

you know I'm full of fruitiness.

Old 06-02-2006, 12:29 PM
xo mudslide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick
I'm not racist, but common stereotypes were true after Hurricane Katrina.

I did not like how every panned out and especially how the victims used their fema money. We are paying here in Louisiana.
Common stereotypes were true DURING Hurricane Katrina too. Remember? Our own [black] people were stuck there dying while tv crews filmed it and the government did what to help them??? Took how long??? I'm thinkin,....had the majority of them been white we would've flown our many planes in there to rescue...

Maybe I'm crazy...

Old 06-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Easily Outraged

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristeejo
Common stereotypes were true DURING Hurricane Katrina too. Remember? Our own [black] people were stuck there dying while tv crews filmed it and the government did what to help them??? Took how long??? I'm thinkin,....had the majority of them been white we would've flown our many planes in there to rescue...

Maybe I'm crazy...
Whoa whoa. Let's make something clear, the reason why the people were stranded was because local goverment officials (Nagan and Blanco) refused trains, buses, and any other means of evacuation for those who needed them. Also, I would like to point out those who did die while waiting, were elderly or sick. I think the total count was less than a handful in the superdome and at the convention center.

The Federal Government did not cause this, the local government failed. What you saw on TV was a terrible misinformation. The federal goverment was a perfect scapegoat for the failure.

Look at Houston's crime rate compared to that of July 2005. There is a difference.

I was here, I witnessed it.

Old 06-02-2006, 12:38 PM
xo mudslide

Quote:
The Federal Government did not cause this, the local government failed. What you saw on TV was a terrible misinformation. The federal goverment was a perfect scapegoat for the failure.
I'm thinking if you were the one stranded down there....OR...it was your elderly grandmother, you would care if it was the local government that initially failed. You would want the FEDERAL government to realize...um...maybe after three days on the news....that the local government wasn't prepared for such a disaster and H-E-L-P.

After all...isn't that what the American government is so good at? We helped Iraq so well...

Old 06-02-2006, 12:43 PM
xo mudslide

Quote:
Look at Houston's crime rate compared to that of July 2005. There is a difference.

I was here, I witnessed it.
"They point to what they call the majority of law-abiding Louisianans now living in the city and say the crime rate per thousand for the evacuee population is not greater than it was among Houstonians before the influx of Katrina survivors."

Washington Post
Monday, February 6, 2006;

Old 06-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Easily Outraged

Quote:
I'm thinking if you were the one stranded down there....OR...it was your elderly grandmother, you would care if it was the local government that initially failed. You would want the FEDERAL government to realize...um...maybe after three days on the news....that the local government wasn't prepared for such a disaster and H-E-L-P.

After all...isn't that what the American government is so good at? We helped Iraq so well...
Ok, you are making this personal because you fail to realize you are solely relying on the media for your arguments.

First off, if the local government had taken the time to warn and force the residents to evacuate, this would never would have happened. Yes, it is terrible that people died, but if proper precautions were taken, they would/would not have died.

Secondly, the residents either stayed because they are unaware or did not "feel" like evacuating. Then, they start blaming the government for not helping. Please! Thousands of volunteers helped save these peoples lives who then in turn blame the federal Government.

I saw what happened. You saw what the media showed.

Don't throw judgement on things I witnessed when all you have is the ridiculous media to back yourself up.

Old 06-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Banned

The biggest problem is government forcing companys to give jobs to different races. Your company must have 80% white, 10% black 5% mexicans and 5% other. If you don't complie then your company will be shut down. So knowing that, black's or other races don't e ven try and they end up passing aprenticship programs because the company needs them to stay a live and they cant fire them while whites or other races deserve that spot.

Old 06-02-2006, 12:52 PM
xo mudslide

Quote:
I saw what happened. You saw what the media showed.

Don't throw judgement on things I witnessed when all you have is the ridiculous media to back yourself up.
Nick, you aren't the only one who "saw" what happened. I am not depending solely on the American Media (ha) for my resources. I know people who were in New Orleans and it's not as "peachy" as you make it out to be. Many things failed including the local government.

GOD HELP US ALL if we depend on local government to manage such a thing. They were unable. It should NOT be that in the richest country in the world, you should EVER turn the tv on and see what we all SAW (MEDIA CAN'T MAKE THAT UP). It should NEVER be. The people who stayed couldn't AFFORD to leave, Nick.

Old 06-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Easily Outraged

Quote:
"They point to what they call the majority of law-abiding Louisianans now living in the city and say the crime rate per thousand for the evacuee population is not greater than it was among Houstonians before the influx of Katrina survivors."

Washington Post
Monday, February 6, 2006;
What would you say when you heard a local liquor store in Baton Rouge roughly made about $60,000 per month in revenue before the hurricane. A month following the hurricane, they grossed over $160,000 in revenue, $80,000 of which was from FEMA debit cards.

The local liquor store is located in a prominently black section of town.

Old 06-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Easily Outraged

Quote:
GOD HELP US ALL if we depend on local government to manage such a thing. They were unable. It should NOT be that in the richest country in the world, you should EVER turn the tv on and see what we all SAW (MEDIA CAN'T MAKE THAT UP). It should NEVER be. The people who stayed couldn't AFFORD to leave, Nick.
I know, public transportation these days is so expensive, even during evacuations.

BTW, I knew police officers, doctors in Charity Hospital, and many residents. I also went down there myself.

Relying on the media these days is terrible, especially in tragic situations.

Last edited by Nick; 06-02-2006 at 12:57 PM.

Old 06-02-2006, 12:56 PM
xo mudslide

LOL

Yeah - they all could've just put their little tokens in the public transit and made it out of there. Damn.

Nah - they all wanted to stay in the football arena instead. It was a slumber party of fun.

Old 06-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Easily Outraged

Quote:
LOL

Yeah - they all could've just put their little tokens in the public transit and made it out of there. Damn.

Nah - they all wanted to stay in the football arena instead. It was a slumber party of fun.
It was (or would have been) free if they would have said yes. Amtraks, Buses, and many other means of transportation were available, for free.

Who do you blame now? Regular people risked their lives to save those who didn't evacuate....

Old 06-02-2006, 01:01 PM
xo mudslide

So - what you are saying is all MASSES of people CHOSE to stay there, Nick?

Old 06-02-2006, 01:02 PM
Individualist

Quote:
Is there a suggestion on the table that they died because of their race?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby