Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #121  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Nick Nick is offline
Easily Outraged
 
Join Date: 01-09-06
Posts: 1,585
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
Try and understand where he's coming from. I don't know what he really thinks, and I don't know if he's just trying to make a point and making it badly, but I always try to understand why somebody feels some way, rather than just judging them from the get go.

Ok, I lied, sometimes I judge people from the get go, but eventually I try to understand where they are coming from.
I could easily sum this up with one statement, but it would not be appropriate.
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #122  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:24 PM
kristeejo's Avatar
kristeejo kristeejo is offline
xo mudslide
 
Join Date: 05-03-04
Posts: 7,762
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick
YOu know what's happening now, all those low income jobs aren't coming back and are sitting on their fema support, refusing to come back and work. Refusing to work in general.

That is acceptable?
Then maybe you should said that clearer here...because it sure sounds like you are lumping them all in together
 
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Trapper's Avatar
Trapper Trapper is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 06-03-05
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 840
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Christy, Is it me, or is your avatar getting closer and closer? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind!
 
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:27 PM
kristeejo's Avatar
kristeejo kristeejo is offline
xo mudslide
 
Join Date: 05-03-04
Posts: 7,762
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper
Christy, Is it me, or is your avatar getting closer and closer? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind!
: ) Realized the photo was sized wrong and fixed it. You are paying attention...really...it was ok cuz I was yelling so it was appropriate that I was getting larger.
 
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:28 PM
John Scott's Avatar
John Scott John Scott is offline
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Christy, do you support affirmative action programs?
 
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Nick Nick is offline
Easily Outraged
 
Join Date: 01-09-06
Posts: 1,585
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristeejo
Then maybe you should said that clearer here...because it sure sounds like you are lumping them all in together
The point of all this mess is, the local governments failed the citizens initially (by not evacuating them or informing them) and then they used the Federal Government as a scapegoat. Then, the media noticed that those left behind were black and made it racist.

then it was....George W Bush doesn't care about Black People....

Forgive me, but that's how I witnessed it. How did it look on your end 1500 miles away?

I am not racist, but after seeing all this go on, i can see how some of these stereotypes came to be true for a specific part of the african american population.
 
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:31 PM
kristeejo's Avatar
kristeejo kristeejo is offline
xo mudslide
 
Join Date: 05-03-04
Posts: 7,762
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
Christy, do you support affirmative action programs?
Affirmative action was set up because of the obvious need - of course it was a GOVERNMENT BAND-AID that didn't work and just caused more animosity.

So to answer your question, I have mixed feelings and can see both sides of the issue.

George Bush couldn't SPELL black people, btw.
 
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Trapper's Avatar
Trapper Trapper is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 06-03-05
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 840
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Nick, your buddy G Dubya, admitted to dropping the ball in N.O.
 
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:34 PM
John Scott's Avatar
John Scott John Scott is offline
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
So to answer your question, I have mixed feelings and can see both sides of the issue.
I swear you're a politician. What ever happened to "yes", or "no"?
 
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:34 PM
kristeejo's Avatar
kristeejo kristeejo is offline
xo mudslide
 
Join Date: 05-03-04
Posts: 7,762
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick
Forgive me, but that's how I witnessed it. How did it look on your end 1500 miles away?

I am not racist, but after seeing all this go on, i can see how some of these stereotypes came to be true for a specific part of the african american population.
First of all, why do you think you are more of an expert on this because you witnessed it? We ALL witnessed it, Nick. I hate the media, but honey, cameras can't lie. Just because you live there doesn't make you a better source of information as to what went wrong. I don't care if the local media failed FIRST...the freakin FEDERAL GOVERNMENT should've helped A BROTHA OUT!

...and quit saying "I am not a racist." Who are you trying to convince?!
 
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:35 PM
cimmeron's Avatar
cimmeron cimmeron is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-16-06
Posts: 2,511
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristeejo
But don't ya think they would've been a little "less" incompetent had the folk down there been rich white lobbyists?
I would think the rich white lobbyists would have left instead of staying with their homes and trying to 'ride it out'
 
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:36 PM
kristeejo's Avatar
kristeejo kristeejo is offline
xo mudslide
 
Join Date: 05-03-04
Posts: 7,762
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
I swear you're a politician. What ever happened to "yes", or "no"?
I could never be a politician ...you see John...I have a hard time keeping my opinions to myself...and I'm not intimidated by loud men either. *wink* *wink*

My parents had their hands full...
 
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:38 PM
John Scott's Avatar
John Scott John Scott is offline
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
So, I want an answer.

You are working admissions at a university. You have to choose between two applicants, a White one with a GPA of 4.0, or a Black one with a GPA of 3.9. Which would you choose?
 
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Nick Nick is offline
Easily Outraged
 
Join Date: 01-09-06
Posts: 1,585
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper
Nick, your buddy G Dubya, admitted to dropping the ball in N.O.
Did I ever say FEMA wasn't late in arrival? Once again, you fail to see the issue with what I witness first hand and the facts on the local government officials denying of public transportation.

Quick Little Fact:

Kathleen Blanco issued transportation vans for those who did not have transportation to the polls during her election for governor, but failed to issue public transportation during an evacuation. Interesting isn't it.

A writer (who was african american) for the Washington Post spoke to my Mass Comm class about Katrina, saying that the media treated it terribly by misinforming the nation of the facts.
 
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Julie's Avatar
Julie Julie is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 02-23-04
Location: Ohio
Posts: 11,127
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I was watching all the news channels before, during, and after. They let that Brown dude talk on TV way too much.
 
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:41 PM
cimmeron's Avatar
cimmeron cimmeron is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-16-06
Posts: 2,511
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristeejo
... I hate the media, but honey, cameras can't lie. ...
you honestly think that what is edited and spewed to the masses is it? That it really tells the whole picture? Cameras may not lie but they can certainly omit a lot...
 
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
John, sorry for the double quote in my post #64, just as I was editing the post my connection went down ... twaz the modem being unplugged in the house due to a lightning storm that was moving through. We shut down and unplug things upon their approach.
 
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Nick Nick is offline
Easily Outraged
 
Join Date: 01-09-06
Posts: 1,585
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristeejo
First of all, why do you think you are more of an expert on this because you witnessed it? We ALL witnessed it, Nick. I hate the media, but honey, cameras can't lie. Just because you live there doesn't make you a better source of information as to what went wrong. I don't care if the local media failed FIRST...the freakin FEDERAL GOVERNMENT should've helped A BROTHA OUT!

...and quit saying "I am not a racist." Who are you trying to convince?!
Ya'll didn't witness it. That's like saying I was at the World Trade Center when it was attacked.

Cameras can't lie, but they can deceive. Did you notice most of the people looting were black? Did you notice most pictures taken of those stranded...were black? Did you notice most of the gang members who were roaming the streets...were black?

That's an issue...
 
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:43 PM
cimmeron's Avatar
cimmeron cimmeron is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-16-06
Posts: 2,511
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick
Did you notice most pictures taken of those stranded...were black? Did you notice most of the gang members who were roaming the streets...were black?

That's an issue...
there are white people in new orleans?!?
 
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 06-02-2006, 01:43 PM
kristeejo's Avatar
kristeejo kristeejo is offline
xo mudslide
 
Join Date: 05-03-04
Posts: 7,762
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
So, I want an answer.

You are working admissions at a university. You have to choose between two applicants, a White one with a GPA of 4.0, or a Black one with a GPA of 3.9. Which would you choose?
I would choose the most qualified.
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What can you say about RACISM in US temyong Controversial Social Issues 233 10-13-2007 07:21 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:19 PM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC