Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 07-10-2006, 09:21 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10
Now you see, here's the problem,

One report claims Matorazzi said he was a "dirty terrorist" - (maybe he should have said he was a clean terrorist)

Another claims he called his mother a whore - There will be many more yet.
Zidanne said to his agent that he will reveal what matorazzi said on the field in a couple of days....
There is a rumor in saigon, someone i know apparently knows the mother of Zidanne and that guy said Matorazzi insulted zidanne's mother in a very very unrespectable way. I don't think we will know exactly what the italian said but we will have an outlook of it :p

Chirac did a great speech on behalf of the french football team saying many good things to Zidanne (that guy must really feel like sh*t). Anyway this was a dirty match, italians were doing anti-game and soccer is supposed to be a game, its not supposed to be that serious.

anyway i will remember zidanne for the world cup that HE won in 1998, and for all his football technics, great player!
What i'm afraid about is that people remember him his for his head strike!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Contributing Member

Apparently now, the Italian insulted his mother. However, that morning, Zidanes mother was ill in hospital. And so it hit a raw nerve.

Old 07-10-2006, 11:57 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by irka
anyway i will remember zidanne for the world cup that HE won in 1998, and for all his football technics, great player!
And so will the rest of the world.. Football isnt like the design world that says that you are as good as your last game/work. err I hope I make sense

Old 07-11-2006, 12:29 AM
v7n Mentor

The BBC found an Italian lip reader and he said that Matorazzi said something like 'I hope that you and your family die' to Zidane and also 'go f**k yourself!'

This is while Zidane's mum is ill in hospital.

Old 07-11-2006, 01:00 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashcannon
And so will the rest of the world.. Football isnt like the design world that says that you are as good as your last game/work. err I hope I make sense
Eheh i see what you mean, i guess...
You can say a designer he is good by looking at his latest design.
You can't say zidane is a bad player by looking at his last soccer match in the 2006 world cup :p

TRUE TRUE TRUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sem4u
The BBC found an Italian lip reader and he said that Matorazzi said something like 'I hope that you and your family die' to Zidane and also 'go f**k yourself!'

This is while Zidane's mum is ill in hospital.
OMG, do you think there is a connection between the dumbass insulting Zidanne and zidanne's mother illness? I'm sure anyway he was under a lot of pressure during the match...

Old 07-11-2006, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by irka
OMG, do you think there is a connection between the dumbass insulting Zidanne and zidanne's mother illness? I'm sure anyway he was under a lot of pressure during the match...
irka, wake up dude.

I have said this countless times on this thread so far but it goes on every minute in football and I am sure in a lot of other sports.

They are constantly saying things to each other just so that players get put off for a few seconds as thats all it takes, just a few seconds to win a games.

Now just because one player lost it, they make it seem like the French are all nice and innocent and say "that wasn't sportsman like or very nice was it, saying someting a bit nasty"

Matorazzi had a very eventful games. He conceded a penalty, he scored a header, he got Zidan sent off and then scored the winning penalty.

All in all, a good nights work

Old 07-11-2006, 04:53 AM
v7n Mental

Doesn't matter what he said. With the combination of the game they were playing in, the score, the time left in the game, the stage the game was being played on, there's no excuse. You just don't do that.

Old 07-11-2006, 06:17 AM

Materazzi will be handed a 2 or so game-suspension if it is confirmed he slurred racial remarks.
With everyone buzzing about he said or didnt say, they have no choice but to act. But what does he care? He's now a world champion.

Unfortunately this is considered part of the sport...great reference for all kids who watch it and see the players as their absolute heroes!

i say, switch to rugby and watch some real sport!!

Old 07-11-2006, 07:46 AM
v7n Mentor

Or watch hockey where they settle it with fists instead of a dirty headbutt. They get sent off for 5 minutes then it's all good. Plus they get penalties in hockey for "diving" (faking a foul against you). I suppose they can't do that in Soccer or there would be no one left on the field.

Old 07-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Super Trooper

Quote:
"I did insult him, it's true," Materazzi said in Tuesday's Gazzetta dello Sport. "But I categorically did not call him a terrorist. I'm not cultured and I don't even know what an Islamic terrorist is.

Old 07-11-2006, 11:20 AM
v7n Mental

You're joking, right? That's just stupid.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:14 PM
v7n Mental

Alright, papers are now saying that Materazzi admits to insulting Zidane. I haven't caught what it was yet though.

Which changes nothing about what I've already said. Understand where you are and don't be a dick.

Then go egg his house after the match, where FIFA doesn't have any authority.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Super Trooper

Zidane could be stripped of award

Old 07-12-2006, 01:34 PM
v7n Mental

It opens up a lot of questions.

1 - Why do they allow voting before all of the action has taken place? What if some random Italian sub came off the bench a scored 20 goals in five minutes? Don't you think that would deserve some votes, even if it was his only play during the tournament?

2 - Why do journalists get to vote for the award anyway?

If you can give me a good answer to those questions, I'll hook you up with the green.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:36 PM
Super Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles
1 - Why do they allow voting before all of the action has taken place? What if some random Italian sub came off the bench a scored 20 goals in five minutes? Don't you think that would deserve some votes, even if it was his only play during the tournament?
I don't care for pre-voting myself, but I'll play the devils advocate in this one for some discussion.

Players should be rewarded for their continued and carried out success over a large amount of time, not just a random spurt. Everyone is capable of a random spurt. Hell, Michael Moore could go out and score a goal if he wanted to. Well, actually... no. He'd probably come up with some conspiracy against soccer.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:41 PM
v7n Mental

Which is true. And hopefully the people trusted to the voting would take that into serious consideration. But there's no way you can 100% protect against that. Vote after the end and you might have some people voting for a spurt at the end, but at least they've seen the whole tournament.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby