Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #61  
Old 07-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Julie's Avatar
Julie Julie is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 02-23-04
Location: Ohio
Posts: 11,127
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather
Ever since I breastfed my kids, I have not been able to drink milk! It grosses me out.
Awwww...

My mom always made us have at least one glass of milk per day, and I guess its a habit that stuck with me.
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #62  
Old 07-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Heather's Avatar
Heather Heather is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 03-09-06
Posts: 1,875
iTrader: 0 / 0%
It's ok....lol. I find calcium in other places.

Remember, ladies...calcium helps prevent osteoporosis.
 
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-05-2006, 08:49 PM
cimmeron's Avatar
cimmeron cimmeron is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-16-06
Posts: 2,511
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I can't eat a lot of dairy - ever since I had kids. It makes me extremely sick.

I can tollerate a bit of cheese, but not much milk and little bits of ice cream.
 
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Heather's Avatar
Heather Heather is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 03-09-06
Posts: 1,875
iTrader: 0 / 0%


Actually, certain kinds of dairy foods do make me sick now too (and, come to think of it, just like you, it coincided with me having kids!) Yogurt, cottage cheese, sour cream and most ice creams make me very sick. I do ok with some cheeses, though.

Go figure?
 
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristeejo
If you were smart, you wouldn't have chosen PERL to learn.

LOL

Here comes a big ole post tellin me how smart...
PERL is a very powerful programming language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimmeron
that is called the person-who argument. Person A has done extremely well while smoking weed, therefore, smoking weed does not cause a person do do poorly. it isn't a logical argument.
Not at all that's not what I was saying at all !!! All I was saying is that weed will not hinder a person in all the ways that everyone who hasn’t smoked it thinks it will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather
I have no reason to put that $hit into my body....plus, I'm very happy living in reality, I have no need for escape via substances of any kind.

Wait....you forgot arrogance, too! Brag all you want, Daniel....I have a feeling that your idea of success and mine are miles apart. Sorry, I'm not impressed.
I don’t smoke weed to escape reality at all! So I guess all those people who drink, drink to escape reality eh?

I’m not arrogant I’m not bragging I was simply making a point that if weed kills sooooo many brains cells how the hell would I have been able to apply myself to the extent that I have.

You don’t even know my idea of success. I said I was successful yes when it comes to how I have done in my job and personal endeavors. There are lots of parts of my life that I don’t feel too successful in and I sure as hell don’t blame a mild use of weed as the reason.

Seriously the three of you have issues man. Putting so much effort into arguing with me over something none of you are the slightest bit of experience in.
 
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-05-2006, 09:16 PM
cimmeron's Avatar
cimmeron cimmeron is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-16-06
Posts: 2,511
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-Z
I managed to learn the PERL programming language, learn a ****load about linux/unix to the point where I could easily move into a network admin job if I really wanted to, learn so much about hosting on a linux/unix box that I wrote all the hosting related scripts for my company myself instead of having to use plesk or cpanel, and I've managed to maintain a job for the last ten years in one of Canada's largest telecom company’s, I was a cooperate trainer and am now a manager.

Wow weed really killed any possibility of me being successful now didn’t it.
you aren't saying here that you smoked weed and are 'successful', therefore, smoking weed does not hinder ones 'success'?

edit: if I was putting any effort into arguing with you at all, you'd know the difference.
 
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Heather's Avatar
Heather Heather is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 03-09-06
Posts: 1,875
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-Z
Seriously the three of you have issues man. Putting so much effort into arguing with me over something none of you are the slightest bit of experience in.
I didn't put any effort into my replies to you, and I have absolutely no "issues" whatsoever. However, I do have a pet peeve about people bragging, and I will always comment if someone does that.

True, I don't have experience with pot or any other drugs. It just never occurred to me to try those things. You see.....every person I know that did drugs was looking to escape reality. I lost many friends to drugs back in high school and college, so there's nothing anyone can say, which would make drug use seem like a good thing to do. I only saw it do harm to people....

Setting aside the potential dangers of pot, the fact is....it's illegal. I am raising my kids to be drug-free......so, wouldn't I be a horrible mother if I didn't practice what I preached?

Last edited by Heather; 07-05-2006 at 09:23 PM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Whatever you say ladies.
 
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-05-2006, 09:30 PM
cimmeron's Avatar
cimmeron cimmeron is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 02-16-06
Posts: 2,511
iTrader: 0 / 0%
<yawn>
 
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 07-06-2006, 01:40 AM
Ferre's Avatar
Ferre Ferre is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Weed does not make you 'escape' from reality, in fact it magnifies reality, it enhances all your senses.

There are other drugs that numb your senses, and thus also numb your sense of reality down, like alcohol, heroine and anti depressants but weed is an enhancer, and a strong one at that, and the last thing someone wants to use to escape from reality.

Funny how people who don't have a clue have such outspoken opinions.

 
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 07-06-2006, 03:34 AM
Kitchen Designer's Avatar
Kitchen Designer Kitchen Designer is offline
V7N Kitchen Mentor
 
Join Date: 02-02-06
Location: At a party in my pants. Sydney, DownUnder
Posts: 479
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimmeron
milk = pop? um?
Hey, what do you guys think of fizzy milk? Is it do-able? Is it marketable? Is even palatable?

Hmmmm, too many words ending in -able....
 
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 07-06-2006, 03:37 AM
Ferre's Avatar
Ferre Ferre is offline
No Longer Active
 
Join Date: 10-15-03
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 6,897
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Just a thought, I think that if it was all those -able things it would be on the market for years already.
 
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 07-06-2006, 03:38 AM
JamieJelly's Avatar
JamieJelly JamieJelly is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 03-09-06
Posts: 1,250
iTrader: 0 / 0%
if it isn't sweetner that will kill you it will be your new kitchen
 
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 07-06-2006, 04:22 AM
Kitchen Designer's Avatar
Kitchen Designer Kitchen Designer is offline
V7N Kitchen Mentor
 
Join Date: 02-02-06
Location: At a party in my pants. Sydney, DownUnder
Posts: 479
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieJelly
if it isn't sweetner that will kill you it will be your new kitchen
 
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 07-06-2006, 04:25 AM
chicgeek's Avatar
chicgeek chicgeek is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 08-19-04
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 14,188
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen Designer
Hey, what do you guys think of fizzy milk? Is it do-able? Is it marketable? Is even palatable?
Hmmmm, too many words ending in -able....
Believe it or not, I explored this in highschool when we were bored in chem class. The carbonation would cause the milk to immediately sour.

We also thought of carbonated ketchup and quickly disposed the idea...
 
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 07-06-2006, 04:45 AM
Louis's Avatar
Louis Louis is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 01-12-04
Location: Gatineau, QC, Canada
Posts: 1,106
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Who cares, if you like it drink it.

There's only one cause of death, it's life! Enjoy it!
 
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-06-2006, 05:00 AM
kristeejo's Avatar
kristeejo kristeejo is offline
xo mudslide
 
Join Date: 05-03-04
Posts: 7,762
iTrader: 2 / 100%
I really have no feeling one way or another as far as pot and brain cells/reality. I just enjoy erking Danny boy.
 
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-06-2006, 05:48 AM
chicgeek's Avatar
chicgeek chicgeek is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 08-19-04
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 14,188
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis
Who cares, if you like it drink it.

There's only one cause of death, it's life! Enjoy it!
I thought you were talking about carbonated milk for a second...
 
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-06-2006, 07:32 AM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferre
Weed does not make you 'escape' from reality, in fact it magnifies reality, it enhances all your senses.

There are other drugs that numb your senses, and thus also numb your sense of reality down, like alcohol, heroine and anti depressants but weed is an enhancer, and a strong one at that, and the last thing someone wants to use to escape from reality.

Funny how people who don't have a clue have such outspoken opinions.

I couldn't agree with you more Ferre!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristeejo
I really have no feeling one way or another as far as pot and brain cells/reality. I just enjoy erking Danny boy.
That's what makes you so special Kristee. I've learnt alot about how you judge a book by it's cover and don't learn the facts before you form an opinion.

I think you as a person are FANTASIC So are the other two ladies here that are much the same as yourself.

Keep up the great work, the lot of you definitely know how to make a man feel great
 
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-06-2006, 07:33 AM
kristeejo's Avatar
kristeejo kristeejo is offline
xo mudslide
 
Join Date: 05-03-04
Posts: 7,762
iTrader: 2 / 100%
you make it too easy danny....too easy.
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Angel Wings before and after.... Inevitabilty Graphic Design Forum 5 01-25-2004 09:12 PM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:28 PM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC