Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #21  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:32 AM
kiviniar's Avatar
kiviniar kiviniar is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-23-06
Posts: 713
iTrader: 0 / 0%
no i mean i have a purple-black our here and cant figure out what that is>>>
 

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #22  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:35 AM
Zap's Avatar
Zap Zap is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 01-15-06
Posts: 13,770
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-Z
Not about me eh? Allrighty then

Edit: Thanks for the red BTW. lol
I thought about giving you red too, Dan. You can have an abrasive personality at times. But I decided against the red. EBK was just trying to help you avoid red at DP (the very thing you complained about).

BTW, If EBK wanted everyone to know his real name, he would have signed up with it. I think it's poor form for you to keep throwing it out there as you have.
 
  #23  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:36 AM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Travis leave me the hell alone. I dont stalk you to your blog I have gone to your blog here and there and like I said before it was for very good reason.

All I have ever done is defend myself.

You call me a stalker yet I put a blog up and you visited it 153 times in less than 2 weeks without posting a single comment??

I looked you up on one forum. And again for a very good reason. Im sure many people research users on forums to get a feel for that person.

I dont attack you in pm's I was simply asking you questions and you were refusing to answer me.

Your constantly trying to give me a bad name. All you do is bash me in public yet in private you dont do ****.

Like I have said before LEAVE me the hell alone Travis.

Thanks for ruining yet again another thread of mine.

I know for a fact that other's see what your doing. If you think no one sees it so be it.
 
  #24  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:36 AM
kristeejo's Avatar
kristeejo kristeejo is offline
xo mudslide
 
Join Date: 05-03-04
Posts: 7,762
iTrader: 2 / 100%
You two annoy the bejesus out of me.
 
  #25  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:37 AM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBK
Or because they have no rep power, but I guess I should not respond and correct your error hey Dan?

Also green and red can be had at DP in General Chat, if the user has enough rep power.
Yep green and red can be done if the person has enough power and they could be grey if they have no power. However, his question was about black reps not green or red.
 
  #26  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:38 AM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristeejo
You two annoy the bejesus out of me.
I've been minding my own damn business.
 
  #27  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:38 AM
Zap's Avatar
Zap Zap is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 01-15-06
Posts: 13,770
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristeejo
You two annoy the bejesus out of me.
How did the bejesus get inside you, in the first place?
 
  #28  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:40 AM
EBK EBK is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-17-06
Posts: 725
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Dan #1 I am not discussing you in this thread, I am discussing the point at hand.

#2 Gray or Black depends on the users monitor from what I know, making your response false making my corrections necessary.
 
  #29  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:40 AM
kristeejo's Avatar
kristeejo kristeejo is offline
xo mudslide
 
Join Date: 05-03-04
Posts: 7,762
iTrader: 2 / 100%
i asked him into my heart.
 
  #30  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:41 AM
Zap's Avatar
Zap Zap is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 01-15-06
Posts: 13,770
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristeejo
i asked him into my heart.
Nice.
 
  #31  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:42 AM
Zap's Avatar
Zap Zap is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 01-15-06
Posts: 13,770
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBK
#2 Gray or Black depends on the users monitor from what I know, making your response false making my corrections necessary.
On that point, I've heard both. I've even heard blue.
 
  #32  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:42 AM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap
I thought about giving you red too, Dan. You can have an abrasive personality at times. But I decided against the red. EBK was just trying to help you avoid red at DP (the very thing you complained about).

BTW, If EBK wanted everyone to know his real name, he would have signed up with it. I think it's poor form for you to keep throwing it out there as you have.
I dont give a **** about rep at dp red green I couldnt care any less.

I know how it works there I know making threads about it will get you more red.

He was just trying to help by calling me a suck up and giving me advice regarding something I already know? My post was about how people ARE FACELESS man and that I like this place because user names get appended to the comments !!

Also that more than the last 5 rep entries show up in the UserCP.

Not about the **** that he gave me advice on which I didn't need being as I already know how it works over at DP.

I refer to EBK as Travis because IMO I like to address people by their Name. I find that to be more respectful to tell you the truth.

Why would you not want someone knowing your real first name?
 
  #33  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:44 AM
EBK EBK is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-17-06
Posts: 725
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Dan I actually would prefer you did not use my first name, privacy and all, but you never cared about that now did you.

If I can't even respond to a thread without you acting like this then I guess there is no point of me even being here.
 
  #34  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:44 AM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBK
Dan #1 I am not discussing you in this thread, I am discussing the point at hand.

#2 Gray or Black depends on the users monitor from what I know, making your response false making my corrections necessary.
Whatever buddy. Believe me your not fooling everyone.

Now im DONE with this.

Leave me the hell alone.

Off to breakfast I go.
 
  #35  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:48 AM
Zap's Avatar
Zap Zap is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 01-15-06
Posts: 13,770
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-Z
I refer to EBK as Travis because IMO I like to address people by their Name. I find that to be more respectful to tell you the truth.
That's your opinion and you are entitled to be called Daniel, if that's what you wish. I think it's most respectful to call someone whatever they ask you to call them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-Z
Why would you not want someone knowing your real first name?
People have their reasons, Daniel. And, they're NOT always going to want to discuss them with you, either. People have (rightly so) privacy and security issues with respect to the internet. That should be respected.

When you expose information about someone in that manner, you are exposing that person AND their family. Whatever beef you have with EBK is one thing. Do you have a beef with his family?
 
  #36  
Old 07-07-2006, 09:24 AM
EBK EBK is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-17-06
Posts: 725
iTrader: 0 / 0%
While at the gym I actually thought about the rep system 'believe it or not I did get into the discussion because of the post'...

What if it were to be setup in a way such as

You can red someone or green someone w/o signing your name, it however does not either cost any points to that person, or costs you the same amount of points as it costs them should you red them. This way you can not simply blind side people.

Should you choose to want to red someone to damage their rep you must check a box which auto signs in your name, if they choose to hit you back they can only take the same amount of damage they gave you.

I know hard to implement, noway to make everyone happy, just a rough thought I had. It sounds better in my head then I'm able to type, I hope you get my point.

The rep system can be a great system, but like everything I think there is room for improvement
 
  #37  
Old 07-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Zap's Avatar
Zap Zap is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 01-15-06
Posts: 13,770
iTrader: 5 / 100%
I like the rep system currently in place here. I think (red or green) that someone should be accountable for repping someone.

If you think about where the term "rep" comes from, it makes sense to sign your name to it. You are giving someone "reputation", based on your own "reputation". Anonymous entities have no reputation.

That's one of my per peeves with DP too. I dislike (to put it politely) anonymous rep.
The whole concept of anonymous rep seems too much (to me) like anonymous accusations.
I worked for a company, once (long ago), where they had a policy in place, whereby someone could accuse a co-worker of something without having to reveal who they were. It resulted in people getting investigated for things (sometimes, just because one guy didn't like another guy) that they didn't even do. The whole thing was a mess, but the company was trying to make whistle blowers feel more comfortable and come forward with things. There was too much potential for abuse, and, therefore, there was abuse. It's human nature.
It's the same thing with the rep system. If it's anonymous, there's too much potential for abuse and it DOES get abused regularly.

Last edited by Zap; 07-07-2006 at 09:37 AM.
 
  #38  
Old 07-07-2006, 09:34 AM
EBK EBK is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-17-06
Posts: 725
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap
Anonymous entities have no reputation.
Very true, I was just trying to figure out a solution for both sides of the equation
 
  #39  
Old 07-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
My point all along has been that someone should have the balls when they red rep you.

I dont give a **** to have their name appended to their comments so that I can red them back !!

I just want to know who I upset and why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggoPop
I think the point at v7n is if you don't have the balls to show your face when slapping someone, then you don't have a big enough reason to slap them.

Imagine your drinking in a bar and telling a joke... right when you say the punchline you get hit in the back with a barstool, full force. When you turn around, no one is even looking your way, and everyone is just doing their normal thing... wouldn't you like to know who hit you you? Who did you offend? Why did they feel so enraged as to attack you? They were mad enough to take action but not mad enough to stand there and explain themselves like a man? Were they mad about the joke? or were they mad because you slept with thier sister two years ago? Maybe they were mad because you talked bad about their favorite bar while visiting v7n.com...

I think it's fine to give red when you have enough guts to stand behind your action and show your face. I also think it's poor form to red rep for the anything not related to the post at hand...

While I signed up at DP a while back, I don't go there often... so maybe I don't understand completely, but I think online as in the rest of this world, people should be held accountable for what they say and do.
Juggo said it all man.
 
  #40  
Old 07-07-2006, 09:38 AM
kristeejo's Avatar
kristeejo kristeejo is offline
xo mudslide
 
Join Date: 05-03-04
Posts: 7,762
iTrader: 2 / 100%
I just make you cry when you upset me. ; ) Forget all that red sh*t.
 
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What s the reason behind this? Swapna SEO Forum 16 03-26-2008 12:52 AM
Don't Take Your Eye Off The Reason You're Doing SEO peter_d SEO Forum 6 08-21-2007 08:19 AM
Any reason to have more than 1 FTP account? dpatel304 Web Hosting Forum 8 04-12-2007 03:59 PM
Another reason for my name! GoogleIsAPain Google Forum 1 08-05-2005 03:38 PM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:06 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC