Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 07-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBK
http://www.v7n.com/forums/forum-lobb...otting-dp.html

The thread I was originally talking about.

I read through some of your posts and well TBH it's not hard to see why you were not liked there if you were not. Opening new threads when you should have posted into an existing one, making sexist comments, complaining about merged threads and that's only after skimming 2 pages of your posts.

Especially Crazy_Rob, I have nothing but respect for that guy and he even said you were annoying the hell out of him
Yeah that was to the end and I have my reasons...I was basically being "gangbanged" by moderators and took great offense to it, and being that I can not create offense I took the initiative to defend myself in every and any which way possible.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS
I was basically being "gangbanged" by moderators.
The mods gave you that much personal attention and you're complaining?

j/k

Old 07-08-2006, 10:45 PM

Folks, you're not helping with the acronyms!

Quote:
wholesale evil (WMW) or fanatically greedy and inundated with advertising (SP)
Now what're *those* two?

Old 07-08-2006, 10:48 PM
v7n Mentor

WMW= Webmaster World
SP=SitePoint

Old 07-08-2006, 10:54 PM

Julie:

Quote:
WMW= Webmaster World
SP=SitePoint
OIC; thanks! I'll agree that Webmaster World is evil; I guess the advertising at SitePoint hasn't ever bothered me because I've been online so long, I don't even see it anymore; it's just noise out of the corner of my eye.

Old 07-08-2006, 11:01 PM

Well in DP , you can get a reply to your post within seconds, and I really like that. Also the part of MarketPlace is very popular and interesting to read . On v7n on the other side, the MarketPlace is almost dead, wich I don't like (sorry John). But on DP some of members give red reputation without giving any additional comments I would love if v7n would become more popular, since as far as I see DP is lot more popular.

Old 07-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezo
Well in DP , you can get a reply to your post within seconds, and I really like that. Also the part of MarketPlace is very popular and interesting to read . On v7n on the other side, the MarketPlace is almost dead, wich I don't like (sorry John). But on DP some of members give red reputation without giving any additional comments I would love if v7n would become more popular, since as far as I see DP is lot more popular.
that's because the level of activity there is a couple of notches higher. there are also many knowledgeable webmasters there. however, they are a little harder on the newbies - which has it's goods and bads...

btw, i just joined v7n after reading about it in a thread in dp...

Old 07-09-2006, 02:52 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezo
I would love if v7n would become more popular, since as far as I see DP is lot more popular.

Our traffic is going up. It's been rising fast for the last 6 months. Daily posts, daily registrations, pageviews and uniques - by every metric, we continue to grow.

And I can say with confidence that we will continue to grow. I have been wanting to promote the site, but am waiting to get a few new areas up and running before we go into an aggressive advertising campaign.

Once all the new areas are complete, we'l move into promotion mode and make v7n #1.

Old 07-09-2006, 03:02 AM
No Longer Active

I think that DP attracts many regular visitors because of their ad network system but it also attracts a certain kind of people that I personally stay clear from. The overal atmosphere there doesn't attract me because of some sort of fanatic competition thing that I'm happy we don't have around here. people are way to much into comparing over there.

For example this tread, and a few other treads on here made to compare DP with v7n are all made by people who come from that forum.

V7n members are like "I wanna be nice" and DP members are more like "I wanna be the best" kinda thing, of course I generalize and stereotype now but it's a tendency I do notice.

Old 07-09-2006, 06:24 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo
Once some one made a thread there about the place dying. This was when they banned the search engines. I posted an Alexa link proving they were dying. With in 30 seconds the post was deleted!!!!!!!

But atleast you got a King title...da King of da Infractions!!!
Is my rep still green? I haven't been able to check for like a month because of their system.. :mad:

Old 07-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Contributing Member

I got banned from SitePoint last year for using big boy language (AKA cursing, I think I might have used the word ASS once or twice), well at least that's the reason they gave me when they finally replied to one of my hundred emails I sent them regarding my account's termination there.

BUT in all honesty, I know SP banned me because I was leading a rebellion against their pay to list fees and new rules...man, that revolution was going well too until they closed all my threads (maybe even deleted them) and immediately terminated my account.

Don't worry though, their time will come!
...and perhaps even DP's if my account doesn't get back!

Old 07-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS

Yeah that'll get your account back and you liked there

Old 07-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBK
Yeah that'll get your account back and you liked there
Yes, it will. They will tremble in fear, believe me.
You think since your username is as much characters as mine, and starts with the same letter, we would band together - why so does thou resist thee?

Take a look at what I recorded on June 18th of this year, big boy:
http://gamemonarch.com/?p=1

Old 07-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
Our traffic is going up. It's been rising fast for the last 6 months. Daily posts, daily registrations, pageviews and uniques - by every metric, we continue to grow.

And I can say with confidence that we will continue to grow. I have been wanting to promote the site, but am waiting to get a few new areas up and running before we go into an aggressive advertising campaign.

Once all the new areas are complete, we'l move into promotion mode and make v7n #1.
And I have no problem shoting out everywhere I go that v7n is the best forum on the net

Old 07-09-2006, 06:55 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS
Yes, it will. They will tremble in fear, believe me.
You think since your username is as much characters as mine, and starts with the same letter, we would band together - why so does thou resist thee?

Take a look at what I recorded on June 18th of this year, big boy:
http://gamemonarch.com/?p=1

Not going to listen/watch to whatever it is you made. However threats like you are doing is a sure fire way to never be allowed there again.

Old 07-09-2006, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS
I got banned from SitePoint last year for using big boy language (AKA cursing, I think I might have used the word ASS once or twice), well at least that's the reason they gave me when they finally replied to one of my hundred emails I sent them regarding my account's termination there.

BUT in all honesty, I know SP banned me because I was leading a rebellion against their pay to list fees and new rules...man, that revolution was going well too until they closed all my threads (maybe even deleted them) and immediately terminated my account.

What??? You were banned? Don't get banned anymore since I told you have good reputation at the forums

Old 07-10-2006, 07:22 AM

i can see much potential in v7n, one good thing about DP is the specified channels of data since theres a subforum for everything

Old 07-10-2006, 07:23 AM
Contributing Member

Yep and I see John asking questions regarding new sub forums here so I see changes being made in the near future

Old 07-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBK
Not going to listen/watch to whatever it is you made. However threats like you are doing is a sure fire way to never be allowed there again.
Haha Nintendo knows I'm back...my infraction expired there.
I'm just too cool for them and they knew they were nothing without me.

Old 07-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Contributing Member

Uh huh...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Closed Thread