Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 07-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-Z
Yep and I see John asking questions regarding new sub forums here so I see changes being made in the near future
Daniel, you will soon find that this place is in constant change and new subsections being added to cater for different people

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS
Haha Nintendo knows I'm back...my infraction expired there.
I'm just too cool for them and they knew they were nothing without me.
I can almost see the sweat dripping off the admins brow as he contemplates on how to get you back

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-10-2006, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS
Yeah I have over 1800 posts there and they treated me like sh*t..
Thats because you are really a ****head EGS..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
On the topic of this thread, I don't think people should try to pit on forum against another, unless the place is wholesale evil (WMW) or fanatically greedy and inundated with advertising (SP).
I couldnt agree with you more..

Quote:
DP isn't a bad place. There are serious issues that should be addressed, like the anonymous rep issue, but many of the members here are also members there, and vice versa, so you know some good people post there.
John DP is more noisy place than v7n additionally there are many kids around, getting rid on anonymity would lead to an unneccesary rep war there. anyone who red rep and dare to sign their name on that would confirm, including myself.

Quote:
I honestly think that the anonymous rep issue is the only one that keeps the big name SEO's from posting there regularly.

But then, big name SEO's tend to just post on Cre8asite or WMW, and even then not very often.
I dont know about big names of SEO john, but I dont think Rep is the reson which keeps anyone away from DP. Matt Cutts just joined DP, Name anyother Bigger name in SEO field.

Talking of balls, if anyone has balls then I dare him to start this thread on DP. it ****ty cowrdness to start and bash a forum like DP on v7n

I always have seen that people who cant get along with the community, or think that they are somehow special, used to whine and bash DP. any good poster, wouldnt care/bother/whine about Rep.

Last edited by The Webmaster; 07-10-2006 at 10:25 AM.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Contributing Member

I didnt start this thread to BASH DP. I started it to say why I like this place better than DP that is all.

The Webmaster, I had not even posted at DP in ages. Yet there are people of such low maturity there that when I did re log in I found that someone had searched up my posts and gave me red rep for a post I made in 2004 talking about how Linux was better than Windows.

The comments simply stated "Windows Rocks" no name no nothing.

Thats pretty stupid if you ask me.

Having a name automatically added to the rep STOPS people from giving red for no good reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10
Daniel, you will soon find that this place is in constant change and new subsections being added to cater for different people
Yes G10 yet again another reason why I like this place so much

Last edited by Daniel-Z; 07-10-2006 at 10:28 AM.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Contributing Member

Now this is entertainment...

Old 07-10-2006, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Webmaster
... any good poster, wouldnt care/bother/whine about Rep.
Interesting point of view.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

I don't think "The Webmaster" mean't you when he mentioned DP bashing, I'm pretty sure he mean't others

There are some cool people over there and I for one know that they find some of the comments people make amusing and take them with a pinch of salt they deserve

It takes all sorts dude and they definately know that also

Old 07-10-2006, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I didnt start this thread to BASH DP. I started it to say why I like this place better than DP that is all.

The Webmaster I haddent even posted at DP in ages. Yet there are people of such low maturity there that when I did re log in I found that someone had searched up my posts and gave me red rep for a post I made in 2004 talking about how Linux was better than Windows.

The comments simply stated "Windows Rocks" no name no nothing.

Thats pretty stupid if you ask me.

Having a name automatically added to the rep STOPS people from giving red for no good reason.

Yes G10 yet again another reason why I like this place so much
Ofcourse thats stupid, I am not denying that. but I dont know why pepole take rep issue so seriously, there is not even a single day when I dont get 1 or 2 red reps.
but there is nothing you can do..

Last edited by The Webmaster; 07-10-2006 at 10:35 AM.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicgeek
Agreed.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:32 AM

Quote:
On the topic of this thread, I don't think people should try to pit on forum against another, unless the place is wholesale evil (WMW) or fanatically greedy and inundated with advertising (SP).

DP isn't a bad place. There are serious issues that should be addressed, like the anonymous rep issue, but many of the members here are also members there, and vice versa, so you know some good people post there.

I honestly think that the anonymous rep issue is the only one that keeps the big name SEO's from posting there regularly.

But then, big name SEO's tend to just post on Cre8asite or WMW, and even then not very often.
I dont know pretty much most the big names in seo and sem post at digitalpoint, more so i would think than here. I dont think anonymous rep would put off any big names to be honest im sure rep is the last thing on there mind.

I think in terms of the seo/sem industry digitalpoint is the top forum, one recent thing that nintendo discovered about the spam sites with billions of indexed pages which together had over 35% of googles index. The thread at v7n had around 12 replies where as at digitalpoint i thinks its over 1000. The story was blogged about everywhere, multiple times on digg front page pretty much everyone was talking about it because it was one of the most important finds in seo for quite a while.

I dont think this forum can overtake dp unless something really bad was to happen and Shawn had to close it down. Its to far ahead over 20 times as much activity. This forums seems more like a general chat forum which is cool but isnt going to compete with dp and wmv like that.

my 2 cents

Old 07-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Ofcourse thats stupid, I am not denying that. but I dont think why pepole take rep issue so seriously, there is not even a single day when I dont get 1 or 2 red reps.
but there is nothing you can do..
I wrote about this earlier.

Quote:
It's not about hurting someone’s feelings man. If the rep is taken seriously while people think about doing business with you then red = bad.

If your rep is red then they won’t bother contacting you.

Yes alot of work comes from referral.

However, some business might come just from reading your posts and seeing your work.

If you have a bad rep rating the people that don’t know you wont spend more than a second thinking about contracting you out before they decide to move on and look for another.

Also the point I was trying to make this whole time is that people are cowards or faceless if they dont bother to include their name when they give you bad rep.

It's nice to know who is unhappy with you so you can ask them why they are upset and maybe even resolve the situation. Wow what a novel idea eh?

Old 07-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Individualist

Quote:
I dont know about big names of SEO john, but I dont think Rep is the reson which keeps anyone away from DP. Matt Cutts just joined DP, Name anyother Bigger name in SEO field.
Last I checked, Matt Cutts is a member of Google's Web Spam team, not an SEO by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote:
Talking of balls, if anyone has balls then I dare him to start this thread on DP. it ****ty cowrdness to start and bash a forum like DP on v7n
Colleen started a thread about DP's anon rep problem a couple months ago. I think there were several threads previous to that one, as well.

Quote:
any good poster, wouldnt care/bother/whine about Rep.
Bull****.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicgeek
If you say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10
I don't think "The Webmaster" mean't you when he mentioned DP bashing, I'm pretty sure he mean't others

There are some cool people over there and I for one know that they find some of the comments people make amusing and take them with a pinch of salt they deserve

It takes all sorts dude and they definately know that also
Sounds good G10

Old 07-10-2006, 10:45 AM

Soon all of your base are belong to us.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Contributing Member

Eww "The Webmaster" is a member here!? Ban him I say! Ban him! I don't like him! He's gay, no offense..

Old 07-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Super Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS
Eww "The Webmaster" is a member here!? Ban him I say! Ban him! I don't like him! He's gay, no offense..
Offense taken. Grow up.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
Offense taken. Grow up.
I'm sorry but I really don't like him.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:49 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS
And some people wonder why they get red.

Man I used to feel bad for you, you are digging a hole...

BTW you will be getting red from me, you deserve it.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Last I checked, Matt Cutts is a member of Google's Web Spam team, not an SEO by any stretch of the imagination.
Yeah he is in Spam Elimination team, right. But doesnt his work affect the wholesome work trend of SEO? Does he have nothing to do with SEO?

Quote:
Colleen started a thread about DP's anon rep problem a couple months ago. I think there were several threads previous to that one, as well.
Sure and she got whole lot of support there. had she started a thread about how BIG Members of DP red rep newbies on v7n?? No! She started it on DP, and thats my point, if some one talks about having a ball then he should start such threads on DP not on v7n.
The thread title is "one more reason why DP sucks" its not "One more reason why I like v7n more than DP"

Quote:
Bull****.
No its not...because any good poster who can get along with community wouldnt be red for long. its nothing like that there rep gangs on DP greening buddies and redding everyone else.
but then again if you think its bull****, then its your opinion.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Brian again.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Contributing Member

Angry

Quote:
Thats because you are really a ****head EGS..
What bitch!? Who are you? You're NOBODY.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Closed Thread