Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #141  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:12 AM
G10's Avatar
G10 G10 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 05-10-04
Location: UK - Cheshire
Posts: 11,765
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-Z
Yep and I see John asking questions regarding new sub forums here so I see changes being made in the near future
Daniel, you will soon find that this place is in constant change and new subsections being added to cater for different people

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS
Haha Nintendo knows I'm back...my infraction expired there.
I'm just too cool for them and they knew they were nothing without me.
I can almost see the sweat dripping off the admins brow as he contemplates on how to get you back
 

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #142  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:19 AM
The Webmaster's Avatar
The Webmaster The Webmaster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-19-06
Posts: 133
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS
Yeah I have over 1800 posts there and they treated me like sh*t..
Thats because you are really a ****head EGS..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
On the topic of this thread, I don't think people should try to pit on forum against another, unless the place is wholesale evil (WMW) or fanatically greedy and inundated with advertising (SP).
I couldnt agree with you more..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
DP isn't a bad place. There are serious issues that should be addressed, like the anonymous rep issue, but many of the members here are also members there, and vice versa, so you know some good people post there.
John DP is more noisy place than v7n additionally there are many kids around, getting rid on anonymity would lead to an unneccesary rep war there. anyone who red rep and dare to sign their name on that would confirm, including myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
I honestly think that the anonymous rep issue is the only one that keeps the big name SEO's from posting there regularly.

But then, big name SEO's tend to just post on Cre8asite or WMW, and even then not very often.
I dont know about big names of SEO john, but I dont think Rep is the reson which keeps anyone away from DP. Matt Cutts just joined DP, Name anyother Bigger name in SEO field.

Talking of balls, if anyone has balls then I dare him to start this thread on DP. it ****ty cowrdness to start and bash a forum like DP on v7n

I always have seen that people who cant get along with the community, or think that they are somehow special, used to whine and bash DP. any good poster, wouldnt care/bother/whine about Rep.

Last edited by The Webmaster; 07-10-2006 at 10:25 AM.
 
  #143  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I didnt start this thread to BASH DP. I started it to say why I like this place better than DP that is all.

The Webmaster, I had not even posted at DP in ages. Yet there are people of such low maturity there that when I did re log in I found that someone had searched up my posts and gave me red rep for a post I made in 2004 talking about how Linux was better than Windows.

The comments simply stated "Windows Rocks" no name no nothing.

Thats pretty stupid if you ask me.

Having a name automatically added to the rep STOPS people from giving red for no good reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10
Daniel, you will soon find that this place is in constant change and new subsections being added to cater for different people
Yes G10 yet again another reason why I like this place so much

Last edited by Daniel-Z; 07-10-2006 at 10:28 AM.
 
  #144  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:28 AM
chicgeek's Avatar
chicgeek chicgeek is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 08-19-04
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 14,188
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Now this is entertainment...
 
  #145  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:29 AM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Webmaster
... any good poster, wouldnt care/bother/whine about Rep.
Interesting point of view.
 
  #146  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:29 AM
G10's Avatar
G10 G10 is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: 05-10-04
Location: UK - Cheshire
Posts: 11,765
iTrader: 5 / 100%
I don't think "The Webmaster" mean't you when he mentioned DP bashing, I'm pretty sure he mean't others

There are some cool people over there and I for one know that they find some of the comments people make amusing and take them with a pinch of salt they deserve

It takes all sorts dude and they definately know that also
 
  #147  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:30 AM
The Webmaster's Avatar
The Webmaster The Webmaster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-19-06
Posts: 133
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-Z
I didnt start this thread to BASH DP. I started it to say why I like this place better than DP that is all.

The Webmaster I haddent even posted at DP in ages. Yet there are people of such low maturity there that when I did re log in I found that someone had searched up my posts and gave me red rep for a post I made in 2004 talking about how Linux was better than Windows.

The comments simply stated "Windows Rocks" no name no nothing.

Thats pretty stupid if you ask me.

Having a name automatically added to the rep STOPS people from giving red for no good reason.



Yes G10 yet again another reason why I like this place so much
Ofcourse thats stupid, I am not denying that. but I dont know why pepole take rep issue so seriously, there is not even a single day when I dont get 1 or 2 red reps.
but there is nothing you can do..

Last edited by The Webmaster; 07-10-2006 at 10:35 AM.
 
  #148  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicgeek
Now this is entertainment...
Agreed.
 
  #149  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:32 AM
Mark1 Mark1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-10-06
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
On the topic of this thread, I don't think people should try to pit on forum against another, unless the place is wholesale evil (WMW) or fanatically greedy and inundated with advertising (SP).

DP isn't a bad place. There are serious issues that should be addressed, like the anonymous rep issue, but many of the members here are also members there, and vice versa, so you know some good people post there.

I honestly think that the anonymous rep issue is the only one that keeps the big name SEO's from posting there regularly.

But then, big name SEO's tend to just post on Cre8asite or WMW, and even then not very often.
I dont know pretty much most the big names in seo and sem post at digitalpoint, more so i would think than here. I dont think anonymous rep would put off any big names to be honest im sure rep is the last thing on there mind.

I think in terms of the seo/sem industry digitalpoint is the top forum, one recent thing that nintendo discovered about the spam sites with billions of indexed pages which together had over 35% of googles index. The thread at v7n had around 12 replies where as at digitalpoint i thinks its over 1000. The story was blogged about everywhere, multiple times on digg front page pretty much everyone was talking about it because it was one of the most important finds in seo for quite a while.

I dont think this forum can overtake dp unless something really bad was to happen and Shawn had to close it down. Its to far ahead over 20 times as much activity. This forums seems more like a general chat forum which is cool but isnt going to compete with dp and wmv like that.

my 2 cents
 
  #150  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Webmaster
Ofcourse thats stupid, I am not denying that. but I dont think why pepole take rep issue so seriously, there is not even a single day when I dont get 1 or 2 red reps.
but there is nothing you can do..
I wrote about this earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-Z
It's not about hurting someone’s feelings man. If the rep is taken seriously while people think about doing business with you then red = bad.

If your rep is red then they won’t bother contacting you.

Yes alot of work comes from referral.

However, some business might come just from reading your posts and seeing your work.

If you have a bad rep rating the people that don’t know you wont spend more than a second thinking about contracting you out before they decide to move on and look for another.

Also the point I was trying to make this whole time is that people are cowards or faceless if they dont bother to include their name when they give you bad rep.

It's nice to know who is unhappy with you so you can ask them why they are upset and maybe even resolve the situation. Wow what a novel idea eh?
 
  #151  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:36 AM
John Scott's Avatar
John Scott John Scott is offline
Individualist
 
Join Date: 09-27-03
Location: Wherever I want.
Posts: 28,046
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Quote:
I dont know about big names of SEO john, but I dont think Rep is the reson which keeps anyone away from DP. Matt Cutts just joined DP, Name anyother Bigger name in SEO field.
Last I checked, Matt Cutts is a member of Google's Web Spam team, not an SEO by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote:
Talking of balls, if anyone has balls then I dare him to start this thread on DP. it ****ty cowrdness to start and bash a forum like DP on v7n
Colleen started a thread about DP's anon rep problem a couple months ago. I think there were several threads previous to that one, as well.

Quote:
any good poster, wouldnt care/bother/whine about Rep.
Bull****.
 
  #152  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:38 AM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicgeek
Now this is entertainment...
If you say so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10
I don't think "The Webmaster" mean't you when he mentioned DP bashing, I'm pretty sure he mean't others

There are some cool people over there and I for one know that they find some of the comments people make amusing and take them with a pinch of salt they deserve

It takes all sorts dude and they definately know that also
Sounds good G10
 
  #153  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Atom's Avatar
Atom Atom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 32,608
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Soon all of your base are belong to us.
 
  #154  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:47 AM
King Justice's Avatar
King Justice King Justice is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-14-06
Location: USA
Posts: 279
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Eww "The Webmaster" is a member here!? Ban him I say! Ban him! I don't like him! He's gay, no offense..
 
  #155  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Brian's Avatar
Brian Brian is offline
Super Trooper
 
Join Date: 10-12-03
Posts: 4,810
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS
Eww "The Webmaster" is a member here!? Ban him I say! Ban him! I don't like him! He's gay, no offense..
Offense taken. Grow up.
 
  #156  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:48 AM
King Justice's Avatar
King Justice King Justice is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-14-06
Location: USA
Posts: 279
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
Offense taken. Grow up.
I'm sorry but I really don't like him.
 
  #157  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:49 AM
EBK EBK is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-17-06
Posts: 725
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS
Eww "The Webmaster" is a member here!? Ban him I say! Ban him! I don't like him! He's gay, no offense..
And some people wonder why they get red.

Man I used to feel bad for you, you are digging a hole...

BTW you will be getting red from me, you deserve it.
 
  #158  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:50 AM
The Webmaster's Avatar
The Webmaster The Webmaster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-19-06
Posts: 133
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
Last I checked, Matt Cutts is a member of Google's Web Spam team, not an SEO by any stretch of the imagination.
Yeah he is in Spam Elimination team, right. But doesnt his work affect the wholesome work trend of SEO? Does he have nothing to do with SEO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
Colleen started a thread about DP's anon rep problem a couple months ago. I think there were several threads previous to that one, as well.
Sure and she got whole lot of support there. had she started a thread about how BIG Members of DP red rep newbies on v7n?? No! She started it on DP, and thats my point, if some one talks about having a ball then he should start such threads on DP not on v7n.
The thread title is "one more reason why DP sucks" its not "One more reason why I like v7n more than DP"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnScott
Bull****.
No its not...because any good poster who can get along with community wouldnt be red for long. its nothing like that there rep gangs on DP greening buddies and redding everyone else.
but then again if you think its bull****, then its your opinion.
 
  #159  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:50 AM
chicgeek's Avatar
chicgeek chicgeek is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 08-19-04
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 14,188
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Brian again.
 
  #160  
Old 07-10-2006, 10:51 AM
King Justice's Avatar
King Justice King Justice is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-14-06
Location: USA
Posts: 279
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Webmaster
Thats because you are really a ****head EGS..
What bitch!? Who are you? You're NOBODY.
 
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What s the reason behind this? Swapna SEO Forum 16 03-26-2008 12:52 AM
Don't Take Your Eye Off The Reason You're Doing SEO peter_d SEO Forum 6 08-21-2007 08:19 AM
Any reason to have more than 1 FTP account? dpatel304 Web Hosting Forum 8 04-12-2007 03:59 PM
Another reason for my name! GoogleIsAPain Google Forum 1 08-05-2005 03:38 PM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:05 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC