Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1  
Old 07-07-2006, 06:53 AM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Just another reason why DP sucks.

John I have to mention.

I LOVE that the UserCP shows more than the last 5 rep entries and that the users name IS ATTACHED to the rep.

I asked once in DP if it would be possible to see more than the last 5 entries and was told it was impossible.

I also complained alot about how people hand out red reps and don't include their name in the comments.

I seriously dont really care about the whole rep game but I think if you give someone red rep you should have the balls to back up your actions and comments.

People at DP are faceless and dont stand behind their actions.

Just another reason why I love V7N.

Good job John
 

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #2  
Old 07-07-2006, 06:54 AM
EBK EBK is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-17-06
Posts: 725
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Hey can you suck up a bit more, and you wonder why people might not like you at DP? They do watch v7n as well you know?

In other words you are asking for reds AT DP for making threads like this..

Didnt' Nic or someone make a thread like this and get bombed with red?

Word of advice Dan, nothing more do not make threads like this if you do not want red at DP.
 
  #3  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:02 AM
EBK EBK is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-17-06
Posts: 725
iTrader: 0 / 0%
As far as the unsigned rep, yes it does get annoying. However then you have a place like here where nobody reds, or at least barely ever out of fear of making an enemy for all time and getting hit with red back.

Which one trully is the more evil of the 2? Tweaking the rep system which Shawn is attempting to do IMO appears to be the best method. Yes I hate the rep system there at times, I have a red repping troll follow me around and red me every 2-3 days from old posts, however with name signed it turns everyone into more of a pussy not the other way around..

Either way has it flaws, this way though it's more greening when you approve and rarely ever redding even if someone deserves it.
 
  #4  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:16 AM
JuggoPop's Avatar
JuggoPop JuggoPop is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-09-03
Posts: 4,278
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I think the point at v7n is if you don't have the balls to show your face when slapping someone, then you don't have a big enough reason to slap them.

Imagine your drinking in a bar and telling a joke... right when you say the punchline you get hit in the back with a barstool, full force. When you turn around, no one is even looking your way, and everyone is just doing their normal thing... wouldn't you like to know who hit you you? Who did you offend? Why did they feel so enraged as to attack you? They were mad enough to take action but not mad enough to stand there and explain themselves like a man? Were they mad about the joke? or were they mad because you slept with thier sister two years ago? Maybe they were mad because you talked bad about their favorite bar while visiting v7n.com...

I think it's fine to give red when you have enough guts to stand behind your action and show your face. I also think it's poor form to red rep for the anything not related to the post at hand...

While I signed up at DP a while back, I don't go there often... so maybe I don't understand completely, but I think online as in the rest of this world, people should be held accountable for what they say and do.
 
  #5  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:16 AM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBK
Hey can you suck up a bit more, and you wonder why people might not like you at DP? They do watch v7n as well you know?

In other words you are asking for reds AT DP for making threads like this..

Didnt' Nic or someone make a thread like this and get bombed with red?

Word of advice Dan, nothing more do not make threads like this if you do not want red at DP.
I wouldn't say my talking about why I like this place alot more than DP is sucking up.

I dont give a **** about red or green rep.

People have been acting like that long before I started posting here.

The fact that making a thread about it on DP causes people to bomb you with red reps and do it in a faceless manner at that just makes the people there all that much more unpleasent.

Is it really impossible for you to leave me alone Travis? Do you really think I care for or need your opinion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBK
As far as the unsigned rep, yes it does get annoying. However then you have a place like here where nobody reds, or at least barely ever out of fear of making an enemy for all time and getting hit with red back.

Which one trully is the more evil of the 2? Tweaking the rep system which Shawn is attempting to do IMO appears to be the best method. Yes I hate the rep system there at times, I have a red repping troll follow me around and red me every 2-3 days from old posts, however with name signed it turns everyone into more of a pussy not the other way around..

Either way has it flaws, this way though it's more greening when you approve and rarely ever redding even if someone deserves it.
To tell you the truth I have never given anyone a red rep. I dont really care for the rep system. However, if I were to give someone red it would be for good reason and I would always include my name in the comments if the forum didnt do it automatically for me.
 
  #6  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:17 AM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggoPop
I think the point at v7n is if you don't have the balls to show your face when slapping someone, then you don't have a big enough reason to slap them.

Imagine your drinking in a bar and telling a joke... right when you say the punchline you get hit in the back with a barstool, full force. When you turn around, no one is even looking your way, and everyone is just doing their normal thing... wouldn't you like to know who hit you you? Who did you offend? Why did they feel so enraged as to punch you? They were mad enough to take action but not mad enough to stand there and explain themselves like a man? Were they mad about the joke? or were they mad because you slept with thier sister two years ago? Maybe they were mad because you talked bad about their favorite bar while visiting v7n.com...

I think it's fine to give red when you have enough guts to stand behind your action and show your face. I also think it's poor form to red rep for the anything not related to the post at hand...

While I signed up at DP a while back, I don't go there often... so maybe I don't understand completely, but I think online as in the rest of this world, people should be held accountable for what they say and do.
Dood I couldn't agree with you more !!!
 
  #7  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:17 AM
EBK EBK is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-17-06
Posts: 725
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Dan it had nothing to do about you, everything to do with the thread. I would have stated the same thing if it was trapper, zap, colleen, anyone.

I was responding to what you typed, not who you are
 
  #8  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:20 AM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBK
Hey can you suck up a bit more, and you wonder why people might not like you at DP? They do watch v7n as well you know?
Not about me eh? Allrighty then

Edit: Thanks for the red BTW. lol
 
  #9  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:20 AM
EBK EBK is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-17-06
Posts: 725
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggoPop
I think the point at v7n is if you don't have the balls to show your face when slapping someone, then you don't have a big enough reason to slap them.

Imagine your drinking in a bar and telling a joke... right when you say the punchline you get hit in the back with a barstool, full force. When you turn around, no one is even looking your way, and everyone is just doing their normal thing... wouldn't you like to know who hit you you? Who did you offend? Why did they feel so enraged as to attack you? They were mad enough to take action but not mad enough to stand there and explain themselves like a man? Were they mad about the joke? or were they mad because you slept with thier sister two years ago? Maybe they were mad because you talked bad about their favorite bar while visiting v7n.com...

I think it's fine to give red when you have enough guts to stand behind your action and show your face. I also think it's poor form to red rep for the anything not related to the post at hand...

While I signed up at DP a while back, I don't go there often... so maybe I don't understand completely, but I think online as in the rest of this world, people should be held accountable for what they say and do.
Yes juggo, with the exception of newbies at DP have zero power, just like here, but then the seniors can hit you down in one swoop. Both systems need to be reworked in my opinion, otherwise senior members can do anything they wish and newbies have zero power at all.

I do agree with you on what you posted, but in a business type setting, forum, there is more to think about and a combination of both systems is required IMO. Should the reds be signed, IMO yes, but it should also be in more of a controlled matter.
 
  #10  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:21 AM
EBK EBK is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-17-06
Posts: 725
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-Z
Not about me eh? Allrighty then
Dan not about you at all, look at what you posted. I would have said the same thing to anyone, I almost avoided posting in here to avoid YOU!

You are the one who follows me around not the other way, but I am going to pretend like you are not even here. You are simply a blank user I have no idea who you are, that is how I am treating you..

If I respond to you it's for your posts, not who you are.
 
  #11  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:22 AM
JuggoPop's Avatar
JuggoPop JuggoPop is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-09-03
Posts: 4,278
iTrader: 0 / 0%
we took the hit power down a notch here... because the seniors can pop you hard. It's more about the number then the striking power anyway.
 
  #12  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:22 AM
EBK EBK is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-17-06
Posts: 725
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggoPop
we took the hit power down a notch here...
Which is a good first step

BTW DP also hits you with a -1 rep when you red someone now, kind of like punching someone and you get some pain at least no matter the circumstances.
 
  #13  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:24 AM
JuggoPop's Avatar
JuggoPop JuggoPop is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-09-03
Posts: 4,278
iTrader: 0 / 0%
control panel > misc. > ignore list

Quote:
Ignore lists are used for those people who's messages you wish not to read. By adding someone to your ignore list, those messages posted by these individuals will be hidden when you read a thread.
you guys could add each other and then never have to see the other again.
 
  #14  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:26 AM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBK
Dan not about you at all, look at what you posted. I would have said the same thing to anyone, I almost avoided posting in here to avoid YOU!

You are the one who follows me around not the other way, but I am going to pretend like you are not even here. You are simply a blank user I have no idea who you are, that is how I am treating you..

If I respond to you it's for your posts, not who you are.
Dood I never post anything to do with your posts. I never comment on anything you say and I sure as hell have alot better things to do than follow you around.

I like how you said in your red rep comments that I would red rep you back simply because you sent me red. Dood I am not like that and I will not sink to your level.

Like I said you just can't leave me the hell alone. I have seen you do this time and time again.
 
  #15  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:26 AM
EBK EBK is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-17-06
Posts: 725
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggoPop
control panel > misc. > ignore list



you guys could add each other and then never have to see the other again.
I agree, I however was responding to the post at hand. The user doesn't care about reps, but he's bitching about rep in the same breath. He doesn't like DP because of the rep system = reds he's gotten, but in his post it's filled with reasons you'd get red at DP. I was simply trying to offer my advice, especially about starting a thread like this is going to get him more red at DP.

and truthfully the thread is a bit suckupish IMO, if you don't feel the same way it's your opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-Z
Dood I never post anything to do with your posts. I never comment on anything you say and I sure as hell have alot better things to do than follow you around.

I like how you said in your red rep comments that I would red rep you back simply because you sent me red. Dood I am not like that and I will not sink to your level.

Like I said you just can't leave me the hell alone. I have seen you do this time and time again.
Dood I sent you the red for an example, I explained that..It was not a red against you only to prove a point.
Dood you stalk me to my blog, other forums, pms.
I simply was responding to the post at hand, if you want to be on the same forum i am will we not once in awhile post in the same threads?
 
  #16  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:26 AM
kiviniar's Avatar
kiviniar kiviniar is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-23-06
Posts: 713
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Hey how does one now that one has a negative rep point...i have some greens and a black...

is the black a negative rep???????????
 
  #17  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:27 AM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggoPop
control panel > misc. > ignore list
you guys could add each other and then never have to see the other again.
I dont need to add him to the ignore list. I dont even bother responding to 99% of the **** he posts.

If I need to defend myself I will it's as simple as that.
 
  #18  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiviniar
Hey how does one now that one has a negative rep point...i have some greens and a black...

is the black a negative rep???????????
On DP ?

The grey ones are because they gave you them in the general chat.

The grey are worth nothing.
 
  #19  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:29 AM
EBK EBK is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 01-17-06
Posts: 725
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Or because they have no rep power, but I guess I should not respond and correct your error hey Dan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel-Z
On DP ?

The grey ones are because they gave you them in the general chat.

The grey are worth nothing.
Also green and red can be had at DP in General Chat, if the user has enough rep power.
 
  #20  
Old 07-07-2006, 07:29 AM
Daniel-Z's Avatar
Daniel-Z Daniel-Z is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 06-19-04
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,498
iTrader: 0 / 0%
For the record I was never bitching about rep I was talking about the fact that people are faceless and dont include their names when they red rep you.

That's IT thats ALL!
 
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What s the reason behind this? Swapna SEO Forum 16 03-26-2008 12:52 AM
Don't Take Your Eye Off The Reason You're Doing SEO peter_d SEO Forum 6 08-21-2007 08:19 AM
Any reason to have more than 1 FTP account? dpatel304 Web Hosting Forum 8 04-12-2007 03:59 PM
Another reason for my name! GoogleIsAPain Google Forum 1 08-05-2005 03:38 PM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:52 PM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC