Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-24-2013, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

Convince me to visit your part of the world

We are talking vacation / holiday here. Why would I want to visit where you live? What might I see and do when I got there. Pictures will be enjoyed but are not required for a response.

Come on .................. Convince me.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-24-2013, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I could say that Chester City Centre is surrounded by 2000 year old Roman Walls and has lots of Tudor era buildings within it and it is a beautiful old fashioned city...

BUT, I will stick with the fact that if you visit England, it is where tv chef Nigella Lawson lives and you may even get to bump into her! Can't say fairer than that

Old 08-24-2013, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Come on you can do a better sales jobs for England than that.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I can't sell you England Scripty as I haven't seen all of it myself, though Chester, where I am from, that is a pretty city.

I'll go dig out some of the pics I took of this (godforsaken) place

Old 08-25-2013, 08:59 PM
Administrator

How much convincing do you need to come back to Vancouver?

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

A magic wand for travel. That is a a long darned flight. If I do I gotta find a cheaper hotel than last time.

Old 09-11-2013, 11:20 AM

Come to Westminster Colorado! Our strip-malls are the best there is! Find yourself entranced by our five shades of beige and or countless Starbucks! Delve into our rich culture of cash or credit? Fancy a visit to the far east? Just pop into our many Noodles and Company locations and try their exotic salads!

Old 09-11-2013, 01:04 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Ezo View Post
Come to Westminster Colorado! Our strip-malls are the best there is! Find yourself entranced by our five shades of beige and or countless Starbucks! Delve into our rich culture of cash or credit? Fancy a visit to the far east? Just pop into our many Noodles and Company locations and try their exotic salads!
I would love to see the mountains again.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:19 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Come to Montreal, Canada. Kind and good looking people with a lot of restaurants, bars and places to have fun.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Visit Kiev if you wanna find beautiful women and cheap drinks.

PS: I'm now from Ukraine.

Old 09-22-2013, 10:07 PM
Digital Marketing Consultant

ARMENIA!

We are small, we do have many-many historical ancient ancient some of them under-developed sights (not for tourists .. they are wild), really really amazing ... we have beautiful nature, and many have because it is God given .... we have rich and poor, luxury and disflavored ... mixed up.

What you will really like in Armenia are people. Astounding. Extremely happy or extremely unhappy, the same time hot, struggling, trying to enjoy and not satisfied with anything they have ... seeking and knocking, giving up.... It is energy, it is nerve, and vigorness inside.

You will find a spirit, nowhere in any country in any state on this planet you had come accross ... There is no rest in people's minds ... They can't speak with you covered under mask, they are open, their eyes are open and readable.

Listen to this song about Armenian eyes.

[YT]BqhSQCx_c_I[/YT]

You can Google Translate the words ...

You can't miss it and once you do it, you can never ever forget ...

Colby, I invite you to Armenia ...

Old 09-29-2013, 06:13 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Ezo View Post
I've always wanted to visit Colorado.

Chad

Old 09-30-2013, 10:53 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

For someone in Central KY, even a trip up to Louisville or Lexington might technically be considered a vacation. I kid, ScriptMan, I kid. ::chuckles::

Since I've lived in all four corners of the US (currently in ATL), I could provide you info with just about any area you're looking to vacation in. You just gotta indicate what kind of activities you want to do.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Ah. You have central KY and SE KY confused. Lexington is considered the heart of Central KY. Yes, I now that geographically that technically isn't correct but that is the way it is.

Having been to Atlanta more than a few times, I have to ask what you did to get sentenced there?

Old 10-02-2013, 08:41 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

ScriptMan, I was being facetious (where's that sarcasm font?! HAH!).

Wife's family is here. ATL's not too bad of a place to live, IF you're in the right area (thankfully, we are. If we forget to lock a door or window at night, no biggie). Around the Perimeter (for those of you not familiar, there's a circular highway that runs around the outskirts of the metro Atlanta region, ranging anywhere from 10 miles to 20 miles away from downtown Atlanta). Generally, anything from the 10 o'clock to 4 o'clock position are usually the nicer/safer parts of town (with a few exceptions).

I actually live just outside of the perimeter on the east side, 19 miles away from downtown.

For all of the laughs that ATL's rep has, I would rather live here than back in Colorado Springs, CO again. Now, don't get me wrong, Colorado is a GREAT place to visit, but the political climate in-state has always been and continues to be even more of a cluster than any other state I've been in.

I definitely do advocate people visiting Colorado twice, for 10-14 days each visit. Once during the summer, once during the winter. The experiences are completely different (but great). You just have to make sure you're physically able to not only handle the physical activities there (Colorado is listed as one of the fittest states in the US), but the altitude is a MAJOR factor, as well. Most people know that Denver is referred to as the "Mile High City" for being one mile above sea-level. What they don't realize is that Colorado Springs is about 1000+ feet higher than Denver.

If you DO consider Colorado, ScriptMan (I also recommend both Boston and Seattle, but during spring/fall), let me know what time of the year you're considering, so I can make some recommendations for you.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

There is a guy in another forum who posts beautiful images of CO. With my knee being a bit on the gimpy side I know I could not hike where I needed to to really enjoy it.

My daughter actually worked in Boston and lived in a bedroom community just out of it. I never made it up there while she was there but I may yet make it there.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

As beautiful as the trails are in Colorado, there's plenty of other things that don't require hiking, though some do need a bit of walking. And trust me, I'm right there with you on the knee issue (family history continues to live into my generation and our kids generation - my cousin (same age as I, 42) needs both knees replaced already).

Again, it all boils down to what your interests are and what you want to do.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:49 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Come to my area of the world. I am in Arlington, Virginia and live about 2 miles from the White House. You can stay here in Arlington (North Arlington is best) or you can stay in Washington, D.C. I can look out my front bay window and see the Washington Monument (currently with the scaffolding on it, very interesting), yet though I live on a major Arlington street, late one night I watched a fox cross the street in front of my townhouse and disappear into the night.
After you've seen all the monuments, at night for the first time since that is so awe-inspiring, you can go (for free) to the National Gallery of Art and see those artworks that were only in textbooks before, or to the Phillips for a slight fee and see Renoir's famous "Luncheon of the Boating Party" as well as numerous other famous paintings. When you get hungry you can go eat Ethiopian food, Indian, Moroccan, Spanish tapas, Mexican, seafood, Brazilian barbeque, regular barbeque, vegetarian or vegan, French cuisine, continental cuisine, Middle Eastern, Korean, Thai, Afghan, or just get a light snack while you soak your feet at the House of Steep teahouse. See a play or hear a symphony at the Kennedy Center or listen to great music at Blues Alley in Georgetown.
If you want the great outdoors in a city setting, Arlington has some of the most beautiful parks in the USA that are also well-fitted out for children's play and exercise. Or go kayaking on the Potomac, even if you've never gone kayaking before. If you want the wilder out of doors, the Shenandoah Valley is right next door.
I haven't even touched on the "other" museums, science, Indian, natural history, air and space; there is even a bead museum.
This is a wonderful place to live, but if you can't live here, you need to visit!

Old 06-26-2014, 12:05 PM

I do not need to say much. Cyprus is the best place to visit. Just google it.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashLinkz View Post
I do not need to say much. Cyprus is the best place to visit. Just google it.
Our moderator would rather hear real reviews/feedback from people who live in the country they mentioned and not GOOGLE for pictures or articles.

You bumped an old thread with little information.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby