Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 12-01-2013, 04:07 PM
No Longer Active

Thumbs down Do You Lead a Physically Active Lifestyle?

Do you lead a physically active lifestyle?

What do you do in order to get or stay physically fit?

Is fitness important to you? Why? Why not?

Are you more likely to go to the local gym or participate in activities like swimming, biking, hiking, etc?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fitness.jpg
Views:	9588
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	17746  

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-01-2013, 11:22 PM

Used to do some of those things......

My age is catching up with me....arthritis in my knees from early football and later police car wrecks is taking it's toll....

I try push aways (from the table)...they seem to help...

Really like action movies...(mental exercise)

And I do dance a little when I sing karaoke....

Old 12-03-2013, 06:00 AM
v7n Mentor

I have two personal trainers . . . Mack And Abby, a couple of dogs that needed a place to live. They get a little nuts if they don't get enough exercise, it's kind of like "No walk today? Ok . . . No problem! we'll just wrestle and trash the house instead"

They usually manage to drag me away from the computer a couple of times a day for a walk, we usually go 2 miles each time. There are shorter trips though out the day too, sometimes just 10 minutes or so walking around the yard, helps to clear the cobwebs that come with working on the computer.

I also try and heat my home with wood, no small thing during the winter months here in the Chicago area. Cutting, splitting and hauling all the wood around helps.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:56 AM
Contributing Member

I try leading physically active life, but sometimes do not have enough time for that. When I have time I exercise at home and try to run constantly. I like going to gym, but I did that earlier, now it is incompatible with my working schedule.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:02 AM
Contributing Member

I think that keeping fit and active needs to become part of 'business as usual' otherwise, you will see it as a pain, something which won't last...

Once you make a break for good health, avoiding all sugar substitutes, and exercise doing something you ENJOY, you may be able to weave it in to your every day business.

I have been training for over 10 years, and it is now a part of me, if I feel I am getting bored then I switch to training outside (especially in the summer), and training with a partner is always helpful, so that good conversation flows, and time passes quickly, rather than sitting and watching the clock...

Old 12-20-2013, 07:55 PM

I used to, but, it's kind of died down. I used to go to the gym everyday. Until I hurt myself.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Banned

I think it's necessary to keep the balance with work have a nice physically active life style. I was a gym-freak and still I'm -- I used to pump the iron for 2-2.5 hrs a day though yeah, it made me to cut on gossips in office but it had its benefits. And I can say it for sure because for around six months I was not able to maintain that momentum and during then I was made bed-ridden because of dengu (a fever), I was very weak to resume to gym and later the heavy medication cure for this illness showed it's side effects - I was diagnosed with kidney and gall-stone. Doctor said your toxic did not come out well and accumulated inside.

This again tells me how necessary it is to sweat out with a physical active life...everyday!

Have a nice health in the coming year,

Keep well.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Contributing Member

I have gone to gym average 3 times a week this year, but i have had so much work stuff on my mind, so the gym focus have been bad, id rather be home and work on my sites, but now all my sites is done, finally, so now ill stay at gym longer, and jack it up to 5-6 times a week. But during winter its not so much outdoors activity

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby