Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 01-18-2014, 09:26 AM
Contributing Member

Question Adapting to the Hostile Environment!

Sometimes things don't always worked out the ways we anticipated. But if we can learn to forgive those who do us wrong, move on, and overcome the road blocks at hand, we are the bigger man.

A few wise words from Jeff Bezos, Amazon CEO / Owner, to help us walk a successful path:

"tomorrow, in a very real sense your life, how will you use your gifts? What choices will you make? Will inertia be your guide, or will you follow your passions? Will you followed dogma, or will you be original? Will you choose a life of ease, or a life of service?...

.. Will you wilt under criticism, or will you follow your convictions? Will you bluff it out when you're wrong, or will you apologize? Will you guard your heart against rejection, or will you act when you fall in love? Will you play it safe, or will you be a little bit swashbuckling?"

.. When it's tough, will you give up, or will you be relentless? Will you be clever at the expense of others, or will you be kind? In the end, we are our choices. Build yourself a great story!"

My question for this post is: "Will you bluff it out when you're wrong, or will you apologize?", and "Will you be clever at the expense of others, or will you be kind?"
[YT]vBmavNoChZc[/YT]

Last edited by vQuoc; 01-18-2014 at 09:36 AM. Reason: add on youtube video

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-18-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vQuoc
My question for this post is: "1 - Will you bluff it out when you're wrong, or will you apologize?", and "2- Will you be clever at the expense of others, or will you be kind?"
1) It depends on the circumstance I suppose. If I'm fighting(arguing) with someone, then my emotions tend to lead the way, and I will usually not relent. But, if I am debating, or if I've had time to cool down from a heated argument, then I can be more reasonable. If I'm wrong, or if you point something out to me that I didn't see, then I will admit, at least to myself, that perhaps my thinking was flawed.

2) Sometimes being clever isn't necessarily being unkind. I'm a bit of a wise cracker, but typically my wise cracks are meant to diffuse a situation or to create a smile.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:50 AM

Each situation is going to be different.....

Each will require a different approach.....
I spent many years in politics.... Those years can be beneficial to business...

However, dealing with someone on a face to face basis in going to be different than using a print or electronic medium....)

Old 01-19-2014, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vQuoc View Post

My question for this post is: "Will you bluff it out when you're wrong, or will you apologize?", and "Will you be clever at the expense of others, or will you be kind?"
If I screw up or am wrong I will admit in the same manner I made the error, in public or in private as the case may be. IMO, to do less destroys your future credibility. Everyone makes a mistake now and then.

I don't fully understand the second half of the question. Maybe you would like to add a little explanation.

Old 02-04-2014, 03:23 AM
Contributing Member

it all depends on the situation and the person to person

Old 02-06-2014, 01:29 AM
Contributing Member

Admit and apologize sincerely. Afterall, we are only passers in this world and will do what we can.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby