Do you believe in God ?

If yes than why ? If no than why not ?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-15-2014, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

You do realise that there is a very high chance that this thread is going to end up in the political section as these sorts of threads have a habit of becoming "hot potatoes" pretty fast

This is a personal thing and personally, I do believe in God. Ok, I could rabbit on about the beauty of the planet and what I personally feel within me etc, though I won't do that, I will approach this answer with the little shred of science that I know.

As for why, that's a bit complicated really as I have many reasons, though one is that according to our laws of science and physics there has to be a beginning and an end to everything. Problem with this is that OUR earthly SCIENCE (especially physics) actually begins to break down and fall apart as we step out into the universe, for example...

We have black holes that can not only bend light but accordingly, time itself within the even horizon (centre of it) can't even escape and basically stops.

That is just one phenomena (that we know of) within space, and this was from reading scientific books such a by Stephen Hawkins (Brief History of Time).

With this in mind, I guess that it is possible for an entity to exist and not be affected by time. Granted, it would have to be a pretty powerful entity and if an entity can do that, then I don't care what others call it, it would have to be pretty darned powerful and I would definitely label it as a God.

Again, just my personal belief.

Old 02-15-2014, 05:25 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
You do realise that there is a very high chance that this thread is going to end up in the political section as these sorts of threads have a habit of becoming "hot potatoes" pretty fast

This is a personal thing and personally, I do believe in God. Ok, I could rabbit on about the beauty of the planet and what I personally feel within me etc, though I won't do that, I will approach this answer with the little shred of science that I know.

As for why, that's a bit complicated really as I have many reasons, though one is that according to our laws of science and physics there has to be a beginning and an end to everything. Problem with this is that OUR earthly SCIENCE (especially physics) actually begins to break down and fall apart as we step out into the universe, for example...

We have black holes that can not only bend light but accordingly, time itself within the even horizon (centre of it) can't even escape and basically stops.

That is just one phenomena (that we know of) within space, and this was from reading scientific books such a by Stephen Hawkins (Brief History of Time).

With this in mind, I guess that it is possible for an entity to exist and not be affected by time. Granted, it would have to be a pretty powerful entity and if an entity can do that, then I don't care what others call it, it would have to be pretty darned powerful and I would definitely label it as a God.

Very great comment G10, I couldn't agree more.

Do I believe, yes I believe. It make me feel better, and religion make this world much better because people are still aware of sin, so there are exist such as humanity, social, etc.

even one of the greatest scientist belive in god (Albert Eisntein).

Old 02-15-2014, 11:49 PM
Latest Blog:
A New Project

Yes I do....

I bounced back form some pretty bad stuff , over the years.....without much explanation...

Old 02-19-2014, 04:04 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I agree with G10 in several aspects. But no I don't believe, although I was raised a catholic.
But I am also a academic scholar and I quickly learned that most of what was taught cannot be true.
But I am quite happy and I have my own personal and social drivers in life.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:47 PM

Yes I believe on GOD because God Give Us Every thing and one I come back to GOD....

Old 02-21-2014, 12:58 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Yes this type of tread and escalate quite quick. I have no problem with god and religion but i have had no need for it in my life. I can understand sometimes people can use it in there lives but its not for me. but never say never

Old 02-21-2014, 04:08 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Yes, i do and I have no reason for this but its my faith that God exists.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:31 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I have to say this has been actually a very quiet thread and everybody's response has been interesting.
As for myself I don't believe in God the way everyone has made religion into today. What exactly is a God? Does space end? What is out there? I do believe there is a higher being out there but not sure if it is a God?
I think religion is used to control and manipulate the masses.

What do you think Dave Thompson the creator of this thread :-)

Old 03-14-2014, 11:01 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Time Saving Apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk8907 View Post
What do you think Dave Thompson the creator of this thread :-)
I was not interrupting in the thread because everyone has their own view and no one has rights to force them to believe what they are believing but according to me yes i believe in god, I think god is only one for every cast and religion, if you will go deeper in any religion than you will see every religion has pointed out that God is one and it seems logical because false could be many but Truth is always one. I personally feel that the system of this Religion and Cast should be end now so there will be not any riots in the name God.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:28 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by davethompson.a View Post
I was not interrupting in the thread because everyone has their own view and no one has rights to force them to believe what they are believing but according to me yes i believe in god, I think god is only one for every cast and religion, if you will go deeper in any religion than you will see every religion has pointed out that God is one and it seems logical because false could be many but Truth is always one. I personally feel that the system of this Religion and Cast should be end now so there will be not any riots in the name God.
That was a very spiritual answer. But I have question here, how many of you agree with davethompson. Do you believe that there only exists one powerful almighty being who created the world or he has many forms who are being worshiped by others. And why people just don't accept the uniformity of the concept of God. That will simplify so many things.
I am agnostic by the way.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:35 AM

This is a hard question. If your religion tells you to believe, you have to believe right?

Although I have a religion, it doesn't make me have to follow it. From my expert judegement, religion just makes more problems between people.

Old 03-15-2014, 02:33 AM
Individualist

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrsk View Post
From my expert judegement, religion just makes more problems between people.
Maybe life is an obstacle course and false religions and believers thereof are obstacles to be overcome.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:51 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Yes, i do

indian culture always learn to belive in god and i believe in indian culture and god

Old 03-16-2014, 11:41 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Yes I do believe in God. Gives hope.

Hosted by: Myhosting.com

Old 03-20-2014, 09:47 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Sure do, believe in his Son Jesus Christ also.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:42 AM
Banned

Yes i believe in God at every moment.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:57 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post

The difference is that assumed scientific knowledge is derived from conclusions backed by empirical evidence, while religious beliefs are derived by conclusions that are jumped to without any evidence (nor sound reasoning).

Sometimes the conclusions made during scientific inquiries are wrong, however more often than not the conclusions made are right, often can be shown to be right, and if they are wrong, can be corrected. Religious conclusions (about the existence of god/gods/goddesses, souls, afterlife etc) are never shown to be right.

As for the part about physics outside of Earth, it is just a matter of coming to the realisation that the physical reality is more generalised than previously believed.

Old 03-27-2014, 03:08 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssonly View Post
Very great comment G10, I couldn't agree more.

Do I believe, yes I believe. It make me feel better, and religion make this world much better because people are still aware of sin, so there are exist such as humanity, social, etc.

even one of the greatest scientist belive in god (Albert Eisntein).
Saying ĎEinstein believed thisí is not an argument. It is simply taking someone deemed to be an intellectual authority, and then assuming that because he thinks/said something it must be true. Einstein wasnít an intellectual paragon. He was intellectually brilliant in ways that the vast majority of people arenít (which allowed him to contribute greatly to physics). This doesnít mean that he was intellectually brilliant at everything.

Also, Einstein was an agnostic (with Spinozist tendencies). He said that he was uncomfortable with being categorised as an atheist, and identified more as being an agnostic. This would suggest that his belief in the Spinozaís god wasnít held with much certainty (nor did he worship this god, or believe that it was inherently tied with morality or an afterlife).

Old 03-27-2014, 03:23 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgfilm View Post
i believe in God. if you believe in your existence sure you must!
False. An individual believing in their own existence (something that is self-evident) does not imply a belief in a god (a belief that has no evidence to back it up).

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Closed Thread