Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 06-07-2014, 10:45 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
10-21-2017 Snippets

Making T-shirts and others.

I am getting ready to order heat press and some heat transfer papers for my inkjet printer (about 200 papers) to make t-shirts for my own and family using my brand logo (in my avatar) and sell some so to advertise my brand while at same time I got to thinking that I am considering to start a business to sell custom t-shirts and among others as a side job to get extra money.

The heat press I am getting is coming with the other equipments (attachments) where I am able to make mugs, hats, and customize plates so that way I can have a better chance of selling in case if some one want a custom mug, or hat or a plate, or something instead of a t-shirt.

So I am wondering if any one of you do like this? Running a business with heat press to make t-shirts and other stuff? If some of you do then is it fun making them and do a lot of people like them, personalized stuff instead of professional done by machines at some companies?

If you have any advices, I would greatly appreciate them! If you have a idea what pricing for personalized t-shirt, hat, mug, purses, plates I would greatly appreciate it too.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Joshie, I used to do this for a business a few years back over here in the UK.

You are buying all that equipment but may I ask, have you not done your homework on pricing and competitive costings etc?

Do this before you go into this as you may find that either it is very profitable or not worth it.

I would NEVER purchase any equipment without first doing my homework and knowing what I am up against.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
10-21-2017 Snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
Joshie, I used to do this for a business a few years back over here in the UK.

You are buying all that equipment but may I ask, have you not done your homework on pricing and competitive costings etc?

Do this before you go into this as you may find that either it is very profitable or not worth it.

I would NEVER purchase any equipment without first doing my homework and knowing what I am up against.
The great thing is that there's no competitor here, that's why I figured that I would go ahead and start a personalization business for shirts and stuff here. I'd be the first one to have that business in this area so I have a great chance of selling and stuff but the problem is I'd like to know the reasonable prices so that I wouldn't rip anyone off because I don't like rip anyone off, just makes me feel a bad person.

I have just ordered heat press 8 in 1 (mugs, hats, shirts, plates - can use for hat, clothes, pants, leather, wood, plates, etc etc). But I just now came across to one problem after ordering because I didn't realize that to make caramic stuff such as mugs, plates etc etc I would have to have laser printer instead of inkjet printer which is what I have.

So I will be getting another printer after getting all of my stuffs shortly but I figured I'd sell shirts and hats, anything that's soft stuff first before I start doing caramic and hard stuff (cups, glasses, woods, plates, etc).

I am thinking for a t-shirt I'd go for maybe, $12-$15 shirt, $15 hat but that is as far as I am considering at the moment.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:29 PM

As a business its going good, if you order bulk from Pakistan its cost you normaly $4,5 and shipping cost almost $1,2 quality is very good Export quality

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Closed Thread