Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-11-2014, 11:33 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
Time Saving Apps

Robin Williams Death: The Difference Between Depression & Normal Sadness

Although i haven't watch many movies of Robin Williams but in my childhood i watched "Jumanji" which is still one of my favorite, Sad to know about the sudden death of a Legend RIP.

Quote:
Robin Williams was found dead this afternoon at his home near Tiburon, California, according to the Marin County Sheriff's Office. The actor and comedian was 63.

Emergency personnel found Williams unconscious and not breathing at 12:00 p.m., local time; he was pronounced dead at 12:02 p.m., according to a news release from the Sheriff's Office. Authorities are investigating the circumstances of death.

"At this time, the Sheriff's Office Coroner Division suspects the death to be a suicide due to asphyxia, but a comprehensive investigation must be completed before a final determination is made," the news release said.

http://news.yahoo.com/robin-williams...012550678.html

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

The difference between depression and "normal sadness" is that sadness doesn't last and can be dealt with rationally, depression lasts anywhere from weeks to many years and becomes completely irrational, though the depressed person it is still rational as it sinks in and they begin to lose a grasp on their thoughts.

Such upsetting news. A man that brought so much laughter and entertainment to so many peoples lives has sadly left us. Depression is one of the most difficult battles that a person may have to deal with. It is a silent killer as too many people with this do not admit to it as they just do not want to burden others - (a serious side effect of depression).

One thing people would do well to bear in mind is that no matter how intelligent one is, no matter how high ones iq, if one suffers from depression, their depression has the same iq and they are fighting something that can match us at every level, this is not always a battle that one may win.

Robin Williams has passed away and though this is very sad, one thing folk can take away from this is to never feel ashamed or like you are burdening others by stepping forward and asking for help. It is not a sign of weakness but a sign of strength....

Rest In Peace Mr Williams.
Attached Thumbnails
Robin Williams Death: The Difference Between Depression & Normal Sadness-robin_williams.jpg  

Old 08-14-2014, 06:59 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I remember getting his autograph and writing letters to pen pals and favorite celebrities (This is when kids used to actually go outside and write people with pen and paper ;])

I remember getting his photo sent to me with his autograph and was super excited. Loved and still love his movies. He will be missed by many... We lost another great comedian and a great person. I feel terrible for his family, I hope his mind is finally at rest and I hope he is resting in peace. <3 R.I.P Mr. Williams

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby