Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-22-2015, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Is email soon to be athing of the past?

Honestly if you aren't on my contacts list I never see your email because there is so much garbage coming in every day and I just don't want to waste my time. Send me more offers than I care to read and you can get deleted from contacts real quick.

This article http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/caree...ing/ar-AAbwal0 points out just how much that garbage costs businesses. It also points some some other pitfalls to email.

Whether you like the slant or not can you at least agree that email by scammers is abuse of the highest order?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2015, 11:59 PM
Administrator

Boy that was a long read!

Yes I would agree with the article that email is a time suck and that people have lost the art of personal communication.

They also have a good point about miscommunication because the person receiving the message can't see your face as you "say" it or there might be an ESL issue.

The discussion of the "To Do List" is bang on. I filter my mail into folders. I liked Outlook Express better for doing this. I could read emails and leave them in my Inbox to remind me to deal with it later. Windows Live Mail has an Inbox for each email account you have so that makes it harder to keep track of the need to do later emails.

I'm not sure the idea of some kind of chat program is going to solve the time waste in the office. People will just be checking their chat instead of email.

Yes, emails from scammers are the highest order of abuse. I would be on the beach somewhere if I believed all the scams that come through instead of being here working my butt off to make a living.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:14 AM
Contributing Member

Email, it was the revolution. Yes, I agree that it has been abused by spammers and marketers which is soon going to be a thing of past. I loved it, I still use email, but not sure how long.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:44 AM
Contributing Member

Daily I were received around 50+ Post Notification Email from V7n alone. I have separated my email by Google E Mail Tabs, any how i got more than 50+ junk emails daily.

the solution for that thing is mark spam and empty spam.

Kind Regards

Old 06-25-2015, 12:58 AM
Latest Blog:
None

No. People I know are still check email everyday and it's a good way to do business.

Old 06-26-2015, 03:23 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Apart of commercial emails, email communication is fast becoming a thing of the past.

I can count the number of personal emails i receive from friends or love ones a month with my fingers.

We all now prefer instant communication with some personal attachments like social medias.

Old 06-30-2015, 06:31 AM
Contributing Member

Email marketing is still very strong! Facebook uses it Pinterest uses it to bring you back on the website. Look how big Getresponse became.

Old 06-30-2015, 02:07 PM

I think it's like IPv6 transition -- a lot of businesses and people (including myself) use e-mail as their primary means of communication on the Internet, someone can propose a new solution but until a majority picks up on it no one is going to have a reason to switch, which means there will never be majority on the new platform.

That said, primary point made in article about the inbox applies to e-mail, so improvements in how we interact with inbox aren't unforseeable (after all Google already did their Google Inbox thing). I don't see why that necessitates a new platform though.

Old 07-01-2015, 01:36 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

In regards to the opening thread, one of the points that I found interesting is that the article mentioned a study that "workers dedicate 28% of their week to e-mail". With that stat in mind, from a business aspect I would say email will still be around for quite some time since many companies small and large and even businesses use it to communicate. I would always think that a good webmail server with an excellent spam filtering system in place would help with those unnecessary marketing emails that clog up an inbox and take time out of an employee's work performance.

From a family/social aspect I think email has been slowly disappearing as a form of communication since Twitter, Facebook and even Instagram has provided a quicker, streamlined process. Texting has provided a real quick method of communicating within friends and families. I think we live in an era of instant gratification and also a world that shows little patience, therefore texting and social media has arisen as a primary form of communication with regards to friends, families and companions.

Old 07-16-2015, 02:35 AM

I think email will stick around for quite a long time

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby