LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 07-29-2015, 02:41 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Is this an alibaba scam?

Hi, I don't know if is the right place to ask, but I have to try

Is my first time when I order from Alibaba(via DHL)

I payed with paypal(which I hope if is a scam i can get back my money) to the seller. The seller told me after I paied him he will delivery the package in less than 10h and he will give me the tracking number. He late about 20h with the tracking number and I started to suspect him of scam....

Only thing that tracking number says is:

"Shipment information received"

I read on google about other's people stories and I found this could be a scam. "Shipment information received" means he JUST generate the tracking number online(anyone can do that right?) and he also says the pakage was delivered and picked up already by DHL But I don't think so because if was picked up by DHL my tracking number will be updated(almost in realtime) but my tracking numbers is in that stage from 2 days... more than 2 days.

Should I ask for a refund? The DHL system and their update information about tracking numbers is lazy? Should I wait for another few days?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-29-2015, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

I have never seen an initial tracking number updated in real time from any of the services. It usually takes overnight from the pickup time.

You have 45-60 days to file a claim with Paypal. I would wait a few days at least.

Hope it all works out for you.

Old 07-29-2015, 03:15 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
I have never seen an initial tracking number updated in real time from any of the services. It usually takes overnight from the pickup time.

You have 45-60 days to file a claim with Paypal. I would wait a few days at least.

Hope it all works out for you.
And for what DHL charge you ? I was thinking for stuff like that(real time updates)... Is my frist time and first experience with these kinds of international shipping... so they are not realtime, that's great so you basicly pay the express service for what ?

Old 07-29-2015, 03:17 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I never ordered anything from alibab looks very scammy. But once you paid I would wait to find out, since if it is a scam you will never see your money again no matter what but if not it is just unpolite. So a lose-lose situation. So hope they are not scammers. Keep updated. I am curious

Old 07-29-2015, 03:34 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by eletom View Post
I never ordered anything from alibab looks very scammy. But once you paid I would wait to find out, since if it is a scam you will never see your money again no matter what but if not it is just unpolite. So a lose-lose situation. So hope they are not scammers. Keep updated. I am curious
Well I paid with paypal, If i request the money <60 days you could get your money back. From what I know once u submit the request money is instantly, even if the seller already withdraw to money, paypal system put his account on minus balance. I just spoke with that seller and he keem told me to wait at least 24h for dhl update the information on my tracking number... he is a verified member there from 2010 also he have 99% trust feedback but who knows with these guys? Also if lets say delivered the package is still posible to be a scam like.. empty boxes or damaged products...

Old 07-29-2015, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
he is a verified member there from 2010 also he have 99% trust
Relax and take a few deep breathes. While I know the first time is scary I feel like you will be fine.

If the box feels light you could always do an 'unboxing' video for a small degree of extra protection.

I've never bought anything on Alibaba but I have many Chinese transaction though other sites and there was never a problem.

Old 07-30-2015, 01:33 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmith250 View Post
Well I paid with paypal, If i request the money <60 days you could get your money back. From what I know once u submit the request money is instantly, even if the seller already withdraw to money, paypal system put his account on minus balance. I just spoke with that seller and he keem told me to wait at least 24h for dhl update the information on my tracking number... he is a verified member there from 2010 also he have 99% trust feedback but who knows with these guys? Also if lets say delivered the package is still posible to be a scam like.. empty boxes or damaged products...
Wow. I never believed paypal would actually do that. I know it is written, but in my country it does not matter in many similar cases. But if that is the situation, paypal is a good guy.

And yeah, I would not be too worried with these infos in my hand (active since 2010 and 99%). I think it will work out. The last cache is that the stuff you ordered is good enough or not.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Closed Thread