Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-28-2016, 03:45 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

[Spoiler]Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

With Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice just released this past weekend, I wanted to see what some of the V7N community thoughts were on the film.

Overall I liked the movie. As for me, Batman fighting with his martial arts style was the best part. Ben Affleck, in my opinion, did a better job than I thought he would.
On the other hand I thought they could have had a little more of the "big three" fighting together in unison.

What are your thoughts on the overall experience?
What were some of the things you liked or didn't like about the movie?

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 04-01-2016 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Added [Spoiler] to the title.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-28-2016, 07:56 PM
Contributing Member

Sorry, I've not seen it, and probably won't until it comes out on Cable. But I will make two points while I'm here:

- It's been panned by critics
- But, it's taken in a world-wide box office debut of over $400 million.

Not too shabby for a debut. I love it when the critics are wrong!

Old 03-29-2016, 04:21 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I have to be honest and say the truth that I was expecting much more from this movie and I am sure that there will be plenty of people out there who are thinking the same. Having said that it is still a pretty good watchable movie.

Old 03-29-2016, 05:23 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Registernuke View Post
With Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice just released this past weekend, I wanted to see what some of the V7N community thoughts were on the film.

Overall I liked the movie. As for me, Batman fighting with his martial arts style was the best part. Ben Affleck, in my opinion, did a better job than I thought he would.
On the other hand I thought they could have had a little more of the "big three" fighting together in unison.

What this movie taught me is that sometimes 'critics' can have idiotic opinions.
I don`t say that this movie is a masterpiece, but come one, a 27% on rotten tomatoes? Really?
I don`t understand why has the movie received so much mindless hate. I saw a critique complaining about how Doomsday doesn`t have horns or something like that. Or how the film is misogynistic because Wonder Woman doesn`t have a bigger part. (really? the feminazis are getting more dumber as the time passes).
Some people don`t understand the ending. I even saw a critique having the guts to say Fantastic 4 was better.

That said, for me, the film was a much needed change of atmosphere from the corny Marvel movies. A superhero movie doesn`t need to have a one liner each 5 minutes.
I`m really glad it had an opening weekend of $400 millions. It will easily break the $1 billion mark.

Old 03-30-2016, 07:43 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidman View Post
The movie is not something special but it keeps your attention from beginning to the end..
I agree.

One of the things that I try to keep in mind when I see a movie is...... was it worth the price of admission? Was I entertained? Movies and films are a type of entertainment, the purpose generally is to entertain someone. After the movie was over, I can say I was entertained. Was it special in my opinion.....no, but that's why somethings in life is not always "special".

Critics are exactly what they are.... "a person who expresses an unfavorable opinion of something". If critics did not criticize something, they would not be considered critics. Therefore in reality, they would not have a job or a profession.

Old 04-01-2016, 02:20 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

i liked the movie despite of all the negative reviews and hope the flaws in this movie will be rectified in the upcoming justice league movie and dont expect a Marvel kinda superhero movie from DC ...

Old 05-19-2016, 04:42 AM
Latest Blog:
None

This movie is not so good I wish it were possible to give it negative stars. DC needs to send ALL of it's movie executives, writers and directors over to Marvel for training.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:37 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I was entertained and felt the $ spent was worth it. I did not like how dark they made Batman. I did find how they connected Bruce Wayne (Batman) and Superman interesting. And of course, Bruce-Bat not really understanding Superman leading him to believe he needed to destroy him. If Superman had not defeated Zog, Zog would have taken over the world and the final death count at his hands would have been so much higher.

The movie also, although not so directly, brings up the point of greater strength always bringing out greater enemies. And Captain America-Civil War makes a similar point. But, I don't really see how to get around that. Either you lay down for your enemies or you stand up. Enemies will always look for ways to cause damage.

Old 08-12-2016, 08:33 AM

A film with both Batman and Superman in it should be superb... and yet this film isn't. Even if you are willing to overlook Ben Affleck's raspy voice and his lumpy, squished face when squeezed into the Batman helmet, or the lack of humorous riposte between Alfred and Batman...this film's super is superficial. Which probably has more to do with the film's overall surmise that Batman and Superman could, or would be arch enemies based on a dislike for the collateral damage of one another's heroic actions. Unless of course you believe that both Superman and Batman suffer such self loathing that when shown a mirror both would rather fight to the death than accept its reality.

Old 08-16-2016, 10:14 PM

A lot of people praised Batffleck. So it wasn't just you. Overall though, I really enjoyed the film. I've never been a Superman fan, so Batman drew me in. The addition of Wonder Woman was fantastic, and I cannot wait for the solo Wonder Woman film now!

Old 10-13-2016, 10:35 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Movie was awesome but some scene were like fillers like Bruce Wayne’s nightmare (desert scene)

Quote:
No word for music, expected from hans zimmer especially entry music of wonder woman.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:55 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGuitar View Post
A lot of people praised Batffleck. So it wasn't just you. Overall though, I really enjoyed the film. I've never been a Superman fan, so Batman drew me in. The addition of Wonder Woman was fantastic, and I cannot wait for the solo Wonder Woman film now!
Is a wonder woman film announced? Do they know who will be wonder woman??

Old 10-13-2016, 01:20 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Overall movie is ok but there should be more fighting scenes and I am totally disappointed with character Lex Luthor.

Old 10-13-2016, 04:01 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomor101 View Post
Is a wonder woman film announced? Do they know who will be wonder woman??
In response to your question yes, the release date for Wonder Woman is set for June 2, 2017 and will be portrayed again by Gal Gadot.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:28 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Movie is not that much effective and some scenes are boring with fights.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:51 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Registernuke View Post

The film was a dark and gritty version of the DC comics superheroes. I guess they wanted to depict Frank Miller's view on this movie. After all, it was mostly based on his graphic novel... Though the movie was great, I still like it to be more wholesome like superheroes where used to be portrayed when we were kids.

Old 11-08-2016, 06:07 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I love batman and superman. The batman movies(especially who starring Cristian Bale) are GREAT. Superman movies are great too. Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice is very good too. But my first impression is it's DARK. Another thing: the story is not simple which is different with marvel movie like the avengers.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Didn't watch it and never will.

<--- is it on Netflix? lol

Old 11-10-2016, 07:32 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post

<--- is it on Netflix? lol
The odds of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice being streamed on Netflix is probably not going to happen anytime soon. The reason being (I researched it since I have Netflix) it seems that Netflix really does not stream hardly any any movies that are distributed from Warner Bros. Pictures. However, HBO on the other hand works streams movies from Warner Bros. Pictures all the time.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby