Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 06-26-2016, 07:22 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Thumbs down What are you doing for PROTECTING your savings or MAKE MORE MONEY after #BREXIT?

Brexit will change our lives in term of business and liquidity.

Some of the people who invested in Bonds etc, woke up with their savings flown away...

others, forex traders or option traders, become more rich.

There are also others who are thinkin in buying some houses or offices in UK, due to the falling of prices.

How this will affect YOU and what are you going do to in this situation??

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-26-2016, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I just tried to login to my institution to check my 401K earnings and investments and well forgot my password and now blocked from logging in. Gotta wait till Monday when I get home from work to get my account unblocked.

I will not give my views on this topic till I get into my account and do lot of researching. The last time I logged in was dec. 2015ish so I want to compare what has happened the last 6 months to current day...etc

Already I'm worried because when the USA first went into our depression, I lost 50% of my 401k in 1 night. Imagine, many years working and investing and you login to 50% gone in 1 day when no way to get that back within a year or years.

I know of people who was retired when the depression hit, started to work part time because they had to earn spending money because the rest of there savings made ends meet on there bills and everyday expense.

My parents been retired for 4 years now, my father gets a pension as well and I am afraid to bring this topic up with him but I know he has all day to watch what's currently going on and as well checking his investments. He has an advisor for his investments so I am sure he is on the phone with him this past couple day's.

Parents both retired at the age of 60 as they could afford to retire way before the eligible limit in the USA.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:55 AM
Contributing Member

We're based in London and fortunately earn most of our money in USD from product sales. The pound has taken a big hit and i'm concerned for my holiday to the USA later in the year. It just got a lot more expensive.

To secure your money, bitcoin may benefit from this market uncertainty - but it's also a risky move. In my opinion, now is the time to short the GBP / EUR and go long on GOLD. Great way to make some money. This is a strategy i'm following - i'll let you know how it works out.

Give it a few days for the real market hit to sink in, and things will hopefully slowly bubble back up to the surface - don't panic (yet)

Old 06-26-2016, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Once I get logged in on Monday night, I'll take the next few nights in my spare time to do some research and see what I want to do. But like always, I will speak to an expert before I do anything with my investments.

This my 401k for my full time job, I want something for when I am at the legal retirement age because Social Security in the USA might not be there for me. Yes, I do play around online and earn some money but I plan for my future when I'm really old and well the cost of living in USA might be even more expensive.

I take 1 to 2 weeks a year for a real vacation away from the job but never leave the country. lol It's all I can afford

Depends on what each president does during there terms here in the USA. They can either help us Americans out, perhaps help our allies out or all hell breaks loose with people not affording to travel out of there country no more for vacation because the cost is so high and to convert there money to that countries currency.

My brother is going to Spain in Aug. for a business trip... good luck to him. lol

Old 06-26-2016, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

I'm really not going to change anything. I buy stocks for yield, never buy one I haven't heard of and don't follow the lemmings off the cliff when there is a correction.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:21 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Who are making some money from this Brexit?

I mean through Forex.

It seems all are losing or afraid to lose.
I think that the only good investment in physical term is buyin house in London bow.

Bond, stocks etc, will suffer from this high volatility EXCEPT you do OPTIONS.

Option trading may be the best choice instead of buying stocks/cfd.

Old 06-27-2016, 04:24 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Let's look at the positive side, property price will go down as pounds and it will be easier to travel to Britain.

Old 06-27-2016, 01:09 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_wahlberg View Post
Let's look at the positive side, property price will go down as pounds and it will be easier to travel to Britain.
It seems airlines companies price are increasing

Old 06-29-2016, 01:16 AM
Contributing Member

Gold, this cash money thing isn't working for any of us. Money market crashes, gold value increases. Guess what, the economy is always crashing. Nobody notices because inflation keeps it all "steady"

Old 06-30-2016, 02:49 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecwell View Post
Gold, this cash money thing isn't working for any of us. Money market crashes, gold value increases. Guess what, the economy is always crashing. Nobody notices because inflation keeps it all "steady"
Exactly why i've gone long on GOLD. Hoping for a payday. Chances are, when all the dust settles - not much is going to change...

Old 07-01-2016, 07:50 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

The economy ISNT ALWAYS crashing.
As the seo isnt dead, the email marketing isnt become useless, etc...

All these statements are false cause they are made looking at a very short period of time.

Economy only increases its volatility in the market, now the gbp probabily will make a rebounce up, etc.

Economy is shifting to the Brics, probably cause they have more resources, less prices, more competitive.

Most of us have to focus on High Price Goods to sell: make an UPS (Unique selling proposition) trying to sell something which is unique, not a commodity.

Sooner or later every jobs which not requires a mental-creative effort will be substitute with a machine doing the same work, or a person in the other side of the planet who will do the same work at cheaper prices.

The Good Positive Thing is that we have the most powerful weapon in our hands: Marketing, the strategy to deliver a message regarding a product to the RIGHT audience.

So focus on Marketing, email list building, producing content and if there are over there some people interested in your product/service you wont end in starvation.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Closed Thread