Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 11-15-2016, 03:04 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Talking Funniest experience with a client/colleague..

I felt this forum was best suited for this thread since it's all just fun behind it.

Does anyone have any funny stories to share in regards to dealing with a dummy client?

I'll kick start this off..

I recently had made changes on a site I was building for a client with little computer knowledge and I told him to "clear his cache" incase it was loading the old version he visited. Safe to say he wasn't happy as to why I was asking to clear his bank account (cash). Awkward times indeed.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-16-2016, 05:35 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

My funniest experience with a client happened 5 years ago I think. I was working as a technical support to an antivirus software company and I received a prank call. The caller claimed to be Vegeta from the Dragon Ball cartoons and he was supposedly looking for the dragon balls...

As per procedure, we were not allowed to hang up nor argue with the customer. So what I did was I played along with his prank until he gave up. I did it in a polite way so I would not be dinged by my manager... In the end, the joke's on him and the recording of my call was eventually used as an example to my colleagues on how to properly handle a prank call...

Old 11-18-2016, 09:36 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogOfe34 View Post
My funniest experience with a client happened 5 years ago I think. I was working as a technical support to an antivirus software company and I received a prank call. The caller claimed to be Vegeta from the Dragon Ball cartoons and he was supposedly looking for the dragon balls...

As per procedure, we were not allowed to hang up nor argue with the customer. So what I did was I played along with his prank until he gave up. I did it in a polite way so I would not be dinged by my manager... In the end, the joke's on him and the recording of my call was eventually used as an example to my colleagues on how to properly handle a prank call...
You could have told him that you were converting to Super Saiyan mode to counter the threat posed by him and shouted over the call till he gave up (hope you are a Dragonball z fan)

Old 11-19-2016, 01:33 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Slightly off your directed topic, but still fits i think!

When I was 25 (1997) I was living and working in the French Alps as a personal chef/snowboard guide for a boutique company. I lived the luxury chalet with my weekly changing guests and part of my job was to get to know them as well as and cook for them in the chalet.

After a night out with some of my guests, and less than a few hours sleep, I got up, got dressed and went into the open plan kitchen/dining room and started cooking breakfast. I know I look a bit rough but couldn't understand why some of the guests were looking me up and down as if there was something wrong with me. As it happens none of the guests I'd gone out with the night previously were at breakfast yet but as soon as one of them did they came over to me and pointed out that I was wearing my trousers inside out. I hadn't even noticed, I was so hung over, the pocket linings were flapping about all over the place...if there was ever a need for a whole to swallow you up that was the time I needed one.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby