Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 12-27-2016, 07:12 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Angry Just Hurt My Back!

I'm so mad right now. I just tweaked my back while putting on my dogs harness. I'm so mad because I have to shoot a wedding on NYE. Any suggestions on helping the recovery process?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-27-2016, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Give in to the pain and rest for the first 24 hours. Everyone seems to push cold but a heating pad is my choice.

After 24 hours get moving as much as you can stand but only for short a duration.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:53 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Thanks. I've been moving on and off throughout the day. I'm trying do my best to continue to move around some. Tomorrow I'm going to try to do some light stretching.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:01 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

About 3 years ago I hurt my back for the first time. It was very, very painful and I couldn't find any type of a position to feel painless or to even get comfortable so you definitely have my sympathy. It's not a pleasant experience.

What helped my to recover was a couple of things. First my wife would give me back massages while I was on the floor. Second, She would also help me do back and leg stretches. Lastly, I went to a chiropractor and that also helped. Ever since that I moment that I hurt my back though I do have 'relapses" every so often and it's something that I will always have to deal with.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:49 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Lye with your back on the floor and elevate your legs, for example on the sofa seat, and stay there for 10 minutes. Works every time for me. Make sure the floor is hard and you could use a blanket.

Old 01-02-2017, 01:22 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I spent a few days off of work and took it easy. I did light stretching everyday and tried to be as mobile as possible. I was lucky enough to be pretty much back to normal by the day of my shoot. I know I need to continue to stretch on a daily basis to help prevent future episodes. Thanks again for all your help.

Old 01-03-2017, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTK Photography View Post
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I spent a few days off of work and took it easy. I did light stretching everyday and tried to be as mobile as possible. I was lucky enough to be pretty much back to normal by the day of my shoot. I know I need to continue to stretch on a daily basis to help prevent future episodes. Thanks again for all your help.
Actually a short series of exercises (5 minutes a day) in the morning before you get out of bed will do wonders. Do a bit of research on this.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Closed Thread