Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-26-2017, 04:35 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Do MBA grades matter?

Now that you have got into a business school of your choice, should you slog your behind off to secure high grades? Do recruiters care about your grades? A question that has vexed students and divided public opinion for many years.

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 04-26-2017 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Moved to Forum Lobby.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-26-2017, 09:29 AM
Contributing Member

I maintained a 4.0 GPA throughout my MBA & the job offers came pouring in! So yes, grades matter.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by career2nextorbit View Post
Now that you have got into a business school of your choice, should you slog your behind off to secure high grades? Do recruiters care about your grades? A question that has vexed students and divided public opinion for many years.
After Highschool (Did great don't remember GPA) I wEnt to a computer school and got a diploma in the Technical support.. No College degree but I have been at the same company for 17 years and the team lead for 4 years.

I just turned 37 this month. I got the job and I worked hard each day improving my skills and well I have a side business for many years where I do support/upgrades for the people in my apartment complex. (Weekends only)

Any employeer would love me because I've been in the repair field for 17 years. I have 20 certifications which include ones for printers/servers and I signed up for my IOS cert but haven't bothered to study for that as the certs not required for my team lead position. I don't work on the bench no more.

That is why I do support for my apartment complex because I like to get hands on, educate customers on computer maintaince and learn new things working with different stuff.

My advice is a college degree with a good GPA is needed these days to get a good high paying job. I was lucky in getting a full time job at 19 years old 1 week out of computer school. It was a entry level position with no years experience required in the field to apply for the job.

These days employee's want to see diploma and internship or experience for a high paying job. I started as a tech..... then QC tech and team lead. I worked my way up the food chain over the years.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:00 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

In a MBA deftly everything matters so i advise you to get good grades

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Closed Thread