Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-29-2017, 02:33 PM
Contributing Member

Making Use Of A Few Hours Spare Each Week Of Employees Time - Suggestions

i've got a girl that comes in once a week to do my accounts and general weekly tasks. lately we've been so on top of everything she's now finishing the accounts in good time, with 1-2 hours spare each week.

she does other tasks, orders stuff, checks stock levels, basic emails etc, but we're struggling to find a "project" for her to do in that time, something that will make use of the time and give her a feeling of accomplishment now that she's all up to date.

i thought i'd come to you smart people to see if you had a girl come in once a week what would you do with her time. keep it clean. we've had moments where she's emailed companies to introduce ourselves, but this is a boring task with what feels like little results, so doesn't really create much excitement and feels more like something to do because she's there, rather than because it produces results. i want her to have something she can really get into and allow her to be creative and see the final good results from it.

we're not looking to reduce her hours before anyone posts that. anything less is pointless for her and wont make any real difference to end of month costs for us. in fact i'd happily give her more hours if we had something that required it.

any suggestions?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2017, 04:58 PM
Administrator

I don't see a blog linked to on your website. Maybe she could do the blog with some cleaning tips and other cleaning related info like good products to use opposed to the dangerous ones.

The blog posts could be shared on social media to help drive traffic.

I know some service providers don't like to do tip oriented articles but you should look at it from the point of view of building your reputation in the business so those not interested in doing things themselves can trust you and your business.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 09-30-2017, 12:41 PM
Contributing Member

thanks for the reply. i think I will add the blog back onto our sites so pictures, article, tips etc can be posted, however I do fear it will just feel like speaking to no one and in 6 months time will remember why we stopped in the first place. Personally I know I wouldn't follow my plumber, or read a link about why his spanners are better than other companies spanners are.

the only thing I think that might be genuinely interesting and shareable is actual real tips that we created, but unfortunately that's not really something she'd be able to do but adds work for myself to think of the tip, create some basic script, take pictures etc

Old 09-30-2017, 02:05 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
I don't see a blog linked to on your website. Maybe she could do the blog with some cleaning tips and other cleaning related info like good products to use opposed to the dangerous ones.
Perfect answer. It can generate lots of interest when she really gets going on it.

[Where's the "I Agree" icon I can click, rather than posting for count?? ]

Old 09-30-2017, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by imadam View Post
thanks for the reply. i think I will add the blog back onto our sites so pictures, article, tips etc can be posted, however I do fear it will just feel like speaking to no one and in 6 months time will remember why we stopped in the first place. Personally I know I wouldn't follow my plumber, or read a link about why his spanners are better than other companies spanners are.

the only thing I think that might be genuinely interesting and shareable is actual real tips that we created, but unfortunately that's not really something she'd be able to do but adds work for myself to think of the tip, create some basic script, take pictures etc
When you leave a site do you leave some tips for the customer on how to maintain until your next visit? Recommended frequency of your visits. If not, there is an idea for the blog and recycle that information as a promotional item to leave with the customer instead of the typical sticker or pen.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 10-02-2017, 06:41 AM
Contributing Member

Are you sure she wants to do a project? I used to finish things early at the start of my career and my boss would let me off early. I always appreciated him for that and worked for him for a long time, even working late into the night when required. Just make sure you're giving her what she wants.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby