Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 04-17-2019, 01:43 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
You guys west of the Mississippi don't know nothing about clouds or haze. When we have one of those beautiful blue sky days we get excited. You take them for granted. Gray is the normal sky color even on a sunny day.
HTML may be west of the Mississippi, but I'm east of it. Although, north east actually.

Quote:
Back to an old topic. This UPS business is a PITA. Almost impossible to pin down usage and numbers. After reading a few informative articles I decided to buy a power meter to put together some accurate information. I want to buy plenty but don't want to overbuy. The larger CyberPower units have 2 batteries and that is twice the maintenance cost. But their brand looks like the best bang for the $.
I gave up with that kind of detail. I knew what I used before, just got something comparable (with good ratings) and, it didn't' hurt that it was on sale too.

Quote:
With the meter I can determine the actual draw and can then decide whether one unit or two is the best way to go for computer and voice modem. I just can't believe that little modem uses that much power. I do want to keep it going and not rely on cell phones during a power outage.
I'm not sure I can tell how much draw is on each plug. I'll see if the interface can tell me when I get a chance.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2019, 01:47 PM
Contributing Member

Of note - S&P down a bit, and the TSX is up a fairly good bit.

This is the combo I've been waiting for to see how the numbers actually play out when the dust settles.

Old 04-17-2019, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post

I'm not sure I can tell how much draw is on each plug. I'll see if the interface can tell me when I get a chance.
I was going to ask you what the total draw was on your system and what was on it.

I decided for $20 I could just test my own and anything eslse I may ever own.

Old 04-18-2019, 05:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
HTML may be west of the Mississippi, but I'm east of it. Although, north east actually.
Me bad. My mental picture of the Provinces did not match what I saw on a map this morning. I sorta had the ones I could recall in the wrong order. Now, you getting our weather a day or 2 later makes a lot more sense.

Saw a slightly out of date map (30 Y) that indicated 80% of you live in very small geographic area while the a lot of the rest of the country is more rural. Is that fairly accurate?

Old 04-18-2019, 05:16 AM
Contributing Member

Yes, lots of room up here. Mind you, I've probably seen more of the US than I have of Canada. That's about to change this summer.

Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver are the largest cities, with Toronto (including the surrounding areas, which is called the "GTA or The Greater Toronto Area") being close to 5 million, is the largest. The rest of the main cities are under 1 million each.

The above numbers are as of sometime in 2018. I'm sure there have been at least a few babies born since then.

Old 04-18-2019, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yes, lots of room up here. Mind you, I've probably seen more of the US than I have of Canada. That's about to change this summer.
When it gets good and hot here I may head that way on a road trip. Not so much the cities as the country.

Old 04-18-2019, 07:32 AM
Contributing Member

I am Back long time Really, I was facing problem few months ago my accounts is not opining...

Can anyone tell me which is my post count in this thread..?

Old 04-18-2019, 08:07 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
When it gets good and hot here I may head that way on a road trip. Not so much the cities as the country.
Toronto is a great city. Lots to do and see. Major sports teams, the Toronto Island, CN Tower and many interesting areas of different culture.

Montreal is also a great place to travel, although, I've only been there a few times. Lots of culture and things to do and see.

Vancouver, I've never visited. I'd like to put that on my list of places to visit and will get out there one day. I hear it's absolutely beautiful.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhars View Post
I am Back long time Really, I was facing problem few months ago my accounts is not opining...

Can anyone tell me which is my post count in this thread..?
There is no easy way to do that. It doesn't matter. It is a shared satisfaction reward for participating.

no cash prizes.

But please jump in and post.

I'll get you started by asking where Nagpur is located because I never heard of it.

Last edited by ScriptMan; 04-18-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Vancouver is a a pretty city. I saw my first black squirrel there as we don't have those in this part of the country.

All I've seen of Toronto is the customs line to change planes and a bar at the airport. I'm afraid they all look the same. I'm still not sure why we had to go through customs just to change planes. Coming back from GB we did not have to do so.

Old 04-18-2019, 10:36 AM
Contributing Member

So, you were on your way to GB from the US, through Pearson to change planes as a stop-over, and had to go thru customs to carry on to the other plane that took you to the UK?

You are not that far from TO - that's weird that you had a stop over. But then, nothing the airlines do surprise me. We were scheduled to fly on a 737 Max to Calgary later this year, but we decided not to take a chance and have rebooked on another plane. Even thought they've got 3 months to figure out the issues with that plane, I still don't feel comfortable. Oh, ya - cost pretty dear to change flights with not even batting an eye to waive the extra charge.

Last edited by LMD; 04-18-2019 at 10:41 AM. Reason: add

Old 04-18-2019, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

It was 2012 and I don't recall the airport name but yes with a 3 hour layover. Maybe the layover was the reason. I'm not sure if it was just people with carry ons or everyone.

I'm with you on the 737. I'm fairly sure you would be safe with a US pilot and or a Canadian one but why take the chance.

Old 04-18-2019, 12:48 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
I'm with you on the 737. I'm fairly sure you would be safe with a US pilot and or a Canadian one but why take the chance.
Exactly - at any time there were hundreds in the air and yes, unfortunately there were two crashes. Later it came out that there were other incidents, but pilots managed to figure out what was going on and managed to safely negate the plane's insistence to not fly safely.

That said, the Max 9 looks like a really nice plane. The cabin look comfortable and the first class/business class (whatever its' called) looks really, really nice. We splurged with first class seats (first and probably last time) on that flight but just the same, got a really nice config on the different plane. Can't recall what plane were on now, but I wouldn't consider getting on the Max for at least 6 months.

Old 04-18-2019, 01:11 PM
Contributing Member

Good market day. Maybe you'll recover that which has been lost.

Note - the "up's and down's" are Ok, as long as at the end of the month, you are further ahead than the beginning of the month. Or, (put any time of from-to range here).

Old 04-18-2019, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Good market day. Maybe you'll recover that which has been lost.

Note - the "up's and down's" are Ok, as long as at the end of the month, you are further ahead than the beginning of the month. Or, (put any time of from-to range here).
No. All my money makers are on the down. It happens. I'm even with March 28 and well ahead of what I paid for all of them. It still stings but I'm not counting on that money to eat.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:05 PM
Contributing Member

it was a really good day today. Local TSX was up and the returns were good too. We'll have to see next week if the positive flow continues.

Old 04-19-2019, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator

It's a holiday weekend Friday. No matter which way it swings it does not count as a trend. People get in a hurry to consummate whatever they want to do.

All the family coming home for Easter?

Old 04-19-2019, 06:22 AM
Contributing Member

Brother-in-law, his wife and our kids. Dear sister and company won't - a different story there. How about you? All at your place or at one of the kids?

Old 04-19-2019, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Going to BIL house. There will be a herd there. I'll find a quite corner and dream of better food.

Old 04-19-2019, 10:57 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Going to BIL house. There will be a herd there. I'll find a quite corner and dream of better food.
At least there isn't a big clean-up left for you to manage after everyone leaves.

Well, back to getting the place ready...

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby