Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Forum Lobby The off-topic forum.

Share |
Old 04-25-2019, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Forgive me I don't know the difference between the noodles. We use the very thin for all we do.

I love to make my own sauce starting with canned crushed tomatoes but Prego garden style, with added seasoning and meat is so much easier and probably cheaper when bought on sale.

Now you got me wanting noodles and gravy at 8 in the morning.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-25-2019, 05:27 AM
Contributing Member

Spaghettini is a long, thinner noodle that regular spaghetti. I just prefer it.

We normally make home made sauce on a weekend afternoon, but being a weekday, and deciding around 2pm what I was going to make for din, and all else I was doing during the day, it was just easier to add a couple of jars of marinara sauce.

Weird: The markets were negative yesterday, yet my numbers still ended up being positive - that rarely happens. It will certainly be a question I throw at my FA next meeting. I honestly expected the gains from Tuesday to be erased, and then some.

Go figure.

Old 04-25-2019, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Weird: The markets were negative yesterday, yet my numbers still ended up being positive - that rarely happens. It will certainly be a question I throw at my FA next meeting. I honestly expected the gains from Tuesday to be erased, and then some.

Go figure.
There is no figure. The indices do not always accurately predict the broader market.

I'm off to buy some fresh gas and start the boat motor. This is prime selling time.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:08 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptMan View Post
There is no figure. The indices do not always accurately predict the broader market.
True, but I found it odd because this is the first time I've seen this type of result in almost 2 years.

Quote:
I'm off to buy some fresh gas and start the boat motor. This is prime selling time.
Good luck. I've got a bunch of things I've got to sell too. No boat/motor type of things, but stuff none the less.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

I'm tired! The motor started right up with fresh gas and throttled as it should. It should with only 6 metered hours of run time.

Gathering up all the boat related stuff was the bigger chore. I shall have more room in the basement and the garage.

The ad is online and I sit here waiting for the phone to ring.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:43 AM
Contributing Member

The phone will start ringing soon. Grab an adult pop and catch a few rays if the weather permits.

Opened the backyard with all front porch and patio furniture today, unwrapped the BBQ and got it running, cleaned up some leaves, put out the garden decorations (metal stuff) etc. Picked up the car from the dealership (leaky power steering lines replaced) got a nice cheque from a client this aft (pays for the car and bills and some extra ). Gotta go pick up a few things from the grocery store. This retirement (kinda) thing is keeping me way too busy!

I will then need a break and will have a couple of adult pops.

Old 04-25-2019, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Goodness. You wore me out just reading that. All that in one day; I can tell you aren't retired.

Old 04-26-2019, 05:36 AM
Contributing Member

Today is a "rain day". I'll have to stay in the office and work.

Old 04-26-2019, 06:55 AM
Contributing Member

I had planned to get to the golf club yesterday (it was a really fine afternoon) but with time running out in the day, and once you really get into something (yard work), its difficult to leave it half done - or at the very least, unfinished. I figured I'd just go to the club next week. Next week's weather looks like late March, not May.

Old 04-26-2019, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Make you feel better. It is pretty ugly here today also. May have to go find the sweat pants.

Old 04-26-2019, 08:34 AM
Contributing Member

That's the problem with April. Deep down, I like April because there's little chance for snow, and the plants and trees are beginning top wake up. But, for frack sakes, let's say goodbye to cool weather and get some of the darn warm stuff happening!!

Old 04-26-2019, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Supposedly the storms moved off to the east so you may get spared. Sunny and pretty but cool and windy now. Glad I got the bulk of my outside chores done yesterday. Nothing I have to do.

mixed market but I am up for the day.

Old 04-26-2019, 02:44 PM
Contributing Member

Ya, just wet here, a bit blustery, and cooling down for the next few days.

Moving Junior back home tomorrow from his out of town school residence. He has a job waiting for him in the financial district starting on Monday too, which is pretty amazing for him, and us!

Have a great weekend!

Last edited by LMD; 04-26-2019 at 02:50 PM.

Old 04-26-2019, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Charge him rent and he will find a place sooner.

Happy weekend!

Old 04-28-2019, 06:59 AM
Contributing Member

Just when I thought I was getting somewhere planning a purge of stuff in and around the house to make more room, we just got more stuff.

Note to self: Get some extra large contractor garbage bags and by a string of paid garbage stickers to adhere to said garbage bags (as we're only allowed three containers or bags on pickup day).

Old 04-28-2019, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
(as we're only allowed three containers or bags on pickup day).
That's harsh. No free drop off points either?

Within reason, they've never left any behind, around here they take what you put out as long as you dance through the proper hoops for packaging. Same for yard waste.

The first person who looked at the boat paid full price and took it home with them. No I'm fairly sure I did not under price it. I also did not over price it. I just got real lucky, found someone who wanted that specific boat style and appreciated all that it offered.

Discounting my labor on the trailer rebuild and probably forgetting how much I spent on bolts I may have broke even on the deal.

Old 04-28-2019, 03:09 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
That's harsh. No free drop off points either?
Yes there are places you can take garbage around here, recycles, construction material, hazardous waste (paint, oil, electronics etc) too. My brother in law never left anything out for pickup - he took everything to the dump or drop-off places at his leisure. He said dealing with it himself relived the weekly garbage recycle stress. He had a pickup though.

Quote:
Within reason, they've never left any behind, around here they take what you put out as long as you dance through the proper hoops for packaging. Same for yard waste.
Yep, but they can get a little anal here. If not packaged just right, or if it's jus a tad too heavy - they just paint a smiley face on the container, bag - or whatever you've put out for pick up - and they'll just leave it.

Quote:
The first person who looked at the boat paid full price and took it home with them. No I'm fairly sure I did not under price it. I also did not over price it. I just got real lucky, found someone who wanted that specific boat style and appreciated all that it offered.

Discounting my labor on the trailer rebuild and probably forgetting how much I spent on bolts I may have broke even on the deal.
Oh, well - it's gone. My previous place I bought - the previous owner left a small motor boat in the backyard (the property with 1/3 acre) and I had to bug him to get it out or as I told him, I was going to sell it and keep the $$. It was really a piece of junk, but he got the picture, and came back and got it with a few days.

Oh ya, he also left their cat behind too when they moved out and never mentioned anything. I called him and told him to come get it as it was whining at the back door all day, most of days after they moved out. We had cats at the time, otherwise we'd have brought it in the house. It would have been a constant cat fight if we did bring it in. He eventually came back to get the cat. Sheesh!!

Last edited by LMD; 04-28-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Old 04-29-2019, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Somehow I sense you are suffering from MRFKS, make room for kid syndrome.

It is a curable condition. All you have to do is provide a down payment on a house or apartment.

Not having a truck or trailer would surely make trash runs more difficult.

Old 04-29-2019, 07:26 AM
Contributing Member

We all have to make adjustments.

Down payment? From us? No, no, no! It's them that puts a down payment on a winter home in Florida, that I'll look after for them for a few months every winter, and I won't charge them.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

tightwad.

Boy I wish changing that carb was as easy as that ytube video. Of course for that model he did not have to go buy a set of of torx sockets to remove the gas tank bracket.

All torn down and tomorrow the new one goes on.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby