Old 01-05-2007, 11:04 PM
The Amazing Lizza

Disgusting...I don't believe racism still create a problem there

Old 01-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Super Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizza View Post
Disgusting...I don't believe racism still create a problem there
Racism is still a problem everywhere. As is intolerance of homosexuals, those with disabilities, etc.

People can't seem to understand that EVERYONE is human and no better than anyone else.

It's common sense but as I like to say, sense isn't very common.

Old 01-05-2007, 11:45 PM
The Amazing Lizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Racism is still a problem everywhere. As is intolerance of homosexuals, those with disabilities, etc.

People can't seem to understand that EVERYONE is human and no better than anyone else.

Absolutely,you are right Brian.But I don't know why people cannot think like that
as you say "everyone is human".May this new year brings a recism free world

Old 01-06-2007, 07:24 AM
Easily Outraged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post

I'm actually really surprised this was in New York. Yes, Racism is still everywhere, but it's main concentration still remains in the southern states.

It's just said people are so ignorant and think something like that is amusing.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:43 AM

Hmmm... I like to play devil's advocate - and of course I am aware that there is still a lot of racism - BUT....

.... how is a noose a racist symbol? I know tons of black people were hung in the south, but so were tons of white people, and all sorts of other people as well... heck S. Hussein was just hung.

Maybe the guy was just making the joke "if you go into my office, you get in big trouble," and the workers who shouldn't be going in there just happen to be black. The article says that the managers were white, the workers black. So... if the workers weren't supposed to go in there, and the guy thought he was being funny, it is just chance that it was directed at black guys.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingButNet View Post
Hmmm... I like to play devil's advocate - and of course I am aware that there is still a lot of racism - BUT....

.... how is a noose a racist symbol? I know tons of black people were hung in the south, but so were tons of white people, and all sorts of other people as well... heck S. Hussein was just hung.

Maybe the guy was just making the joke "if you go into my office, you get in big trouble," and the workers who shouldn't be going in there just happen to be black. The article says that the managers were white, the workers black. So... if the workers weren't supposed to go in there, and the guy thought he was being funny, it is just chance that it was directed at black guys.

I also think so. How is a noose a racist symbol? Lots of whites have been hung too.
And, what makes everyone so sure that only 2 people could get in there to hang that noose?
This could have been done by kids or something.

People are pretty quick to jump to conclusions on this one.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Easily Outraged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
I also think so. How is a noose a racist symbol? Lots of whites have been hung too.
And, what makes everyone so sure that only 2 people could get in there to hang that noose?
This could have been done by kids or something.

People are pretty quick to jump to conclusions on this one.
Or it could be in connection with the recent hanging of Saddam Hussein as a symbol...

I'm sure they wouldn't have said this though if it wasn't for racism:

Quote:
Installer Shomari Houston, according to the complaint, says he asked his white boss, Gary Murdock, why a hangman's noose was in his workplace. He says the response was: To hang two black employees.

"He said, 'Yo, I like that, it's cool, I am gonna hang Russell up there. Think we can get James up there?' " Houston recalls Murdock saying. "I looked at him like, 'You serious.' "

Old 01-06-2007, 05:01 PM
v7n Mentor

I don't know for sure, but is the whole problem not because when he was asked why there was a noose there the answer was to hang black people?

I think this is really sick but I still think the world is getting better in developed countries. Less stories of this stuff is being hear, although one case in my opinion is too much

When will people learn.... I guess never

**sighs**

Mark

Old 01-07-2007, 07:43 AM

I think it dates back to...I can't remember the name but there was a movie where they hung African Americans for some reason - I am pretty sure it was those sick morons of the KKK. This is just plain sick. I don't understand racism and why it exists, and hearing about this makes me sick to my stomach.

Old 01-07-2007, 11:30 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN3 View Post
I think it dates back to...I can't remember the name but there was a movie where they hung African Americans for some reason - I am pretty sure it was those sick morons of the KKK. This is just plain sick. I don't understand racism and why it exists, and hearing about this makes me sick to my stomach.
Yeah dude,...that wasn't a movie, that was the United States of America from 1776 (actually before, but we weren't an "official" country yet) through the 1970's.

A noose to black people is just as offensive and angering, as a swastika is to Jews, or throwing a head of cabbage into a room full of Mexican Americans is.

Its not the actuall noose that is angering, its that the person that hung it knows how offensive it is, and chose to make that statement.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:25 AM
v7n Mentor

Seeing a noose anywhere, work or otherwise, makes my spine shake. I'd want it taken down, too. It represents violence. But to black Americans a noose has a very particular meaning and conjures up some of the worst this country has dished out. Volumes of lynching photographs attest to this (they were even once sold as postcards in drug stores for "entertainment"). But regardless of racism, displaying a noose at work and joking about it was a selfish, hostile, and stupid act.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby

Closed Thread