Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management

Forum Management Discuss forum management topics including forum software, mods & plugins, developing high quality interactive communities, advertising revenue, forum security, dealing with spam, and more. Ideal for forum owners, administrators, and moderators.

Share |
Old 01-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Contributing Member

Competition - What Do You Think

I got an Idea of a posting competition from one of the webmaster forums, could have been this one here.

Anyway I have stared a competition on our forum now with a fist prize of $ 100, could you take a look and tell me what do you think of it and how can I improve it.

Also If you have run a similar competition on your forum, where you happy with the results and would you do something different now.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Contributing Member

we have contests often on our forum, currently running one. results was pretty good so far.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by webcosmo View Post
we have contests often on our forum, currently running one. results was pretty good so far.
I think that your forum is where I got the idea at fist place. I have just kept it more simple, if not too simple.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:16 AM
Contributing Member

What people earn while posting on your forum? I like how things are organized on the host bidder.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
What people earn while posting on your forum? I like how things are organized on the host bidder.
There is no payment for regular posting. That is why I have started the posting contest to speed things up, will see how it turns out.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:37 PM
v7n Mentor

For a posting contest to work, you have to already have a member base. Unless you have several already active members, its unlikely that a posting contest is going to draw a lot of new members.

The question is, are you looking for active members or just post? If you are looking for members, maybe buy some banners space somewhere.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:52 AM
Contributing Member

Why don't you do referral competitions. I have done post competitions in the past and found that if someone wants to win something bad enough you will have the competition over in a day. Believe me, this can suck!

You could do a referral competition wherein, you have to refer 5 people to the forums. Each of these guys has to do at least 5 posts. Every referred person can also take part and refer more people and it could become very big if the first prize is big enough. Don't force people to do 150 word posts. Thats 22500 words 1 person has to type in order to win. Believe me for $100 dollars thats not worth it. Nobody will take part in your competition if your standards are too high.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Banned

you might want to offer the contest to new members because the existing members are already posting away.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayboss View Post
you might want to offer the contest to new members because the existing members are already posting away.
You realise that the last post in this topic was 4 months ago right? Why dig it up now?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management