Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management

Forum Management Discuss forum management topics including forum software, mods & plugins, developing high quality interactive communities, advertising revenue, forum security, dealing with spam, and more. Ideal for forum owners, administrators, and moderators.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 09-06-2011, 10:12 PM
No Longer Active

Question bbpress?

Anyone use bbpress? What are our opinions? Is it stable?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Coding Tiger

I use bbpress, but that can hardly be considered a forum..it's more like a wp threaded posts at best..

it lacks a lot of functionality a forum software would bring by default, and also there aren't many plug-ins for it...

if you intend to create a forum on your website and don't want to provide anything else than posts/replies then bbpress will do just fine...

Old 09-08-2011, 03:47 AM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
I use bbpress, but that can hardly be considered a forum..it's more like a wp threaded posts at best..

it lacks a lot of functionality a forum software would bring by default, and also there aren't many plug-ins for it...

if you intend to create a forum on your website and don't want to provide anything else than posts/replies then bbpress will do just fine...
Thankyou, I installed a version for trial and Im amazed at its simplicity. Im looking at the plugins and I think its enough for me, though the layout of the site is not the best. The reason I liked bbpress is that it looks more stable then other free forums. I looked at phpBB, but it looks hackable. Im really not up on this as this would be my first attempt at a forum, so I thought bbpress might at least be a good start.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:07 PM

Bbpress is useless. It's better to just use wordpress if you want a blog or free forum software like mybb for forum.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:05 AM

bbpress is not a good as compare to bbpress drupal is best once... it has lot of plugins...

Last edited by jassmee; 03-09-2012 at 03:14 AM.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Contributing Member

bbpress is good if you are trying to add a forum into a regular site which it has limited number of visits. If your site is only a forum, then you will need to go for something more complex.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management

Closed Thread