Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management

Forum Management Discuss forum management topics including forum software, mods & plugins, developing high quality interactive communities, advertising revenue, forum security, dealing with spam, and more. Ideal for forum owners, administrators, and moderators.

Share |
Old 06-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Contributing Member

How to create a forum in my website?

Hi experts,

I have a website which offering seo, web design, content writing and web development services and I want to create a forum page in my website. Could anyone help me as I have no ideas on how to create a forum in a web page?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 02:22 AM
Contributing Member

I could be wrong in this but I do not think that you can create a forum in a web page. I do know that you can install the forum software of your choice on your server and then create a link on your webpage that points to the forum url. As long as the link is easily visible and your mention that you do have a forum on the website it should get seen.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:27 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleXanDr. View Post
I could be wrong in this but I do not think that you can create a forum in a web page. I do know that you can install the forum software of your choice on your server and then create a link on your webpage that points to the forum url. As long as the link is easily visible and your mention that you do have a forum on the website it should get seen.
My website is one wordpress, so is there any plugin to creating a forum in webpage. Plz help me over this matter.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:13 AM

You can try bbPress plugin to create forums on your wordpress site. It's easy to integrate and easy to use. However, you can also try SMF to be installed on a subdirectory or subdomain of your site like yourdomain.com/forum or forum.yourdomain.com. But I guess bbPress will be fine for you.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:23 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmnweb View Post
You can try bbPress plugin to create forums on your wordpress site. It's easy to integrate and easy to use. However, you can also try SMF to be installed on a subdirectory or subdomain of your site like yourdomain.com/forum or forum.yourdomain.com. But I guess bbPress will be fine for you.
I just want to create forum like this: mydomain.com/forum. Can I make it. If yes, then please tell me the process how can I do it. Another thing, will this plugin make slower my website.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:26 AM

Of course.. and the plugin, as far as I know, does not slow down the site at all. The plugin is also created by the people who created WordPress. So, there should not be a bid issue there. The installation is also very easy.. install the plugin, and then go to your pages and you can find a few more pages being created there; also a few more new widgets you can see in the widgets area.. integrate them properly and then you can create a great forum..

Moreover, as a separate installation with a new database, you can install Vanillaforums in another folder domain.com/forum. It's also nice, light and easy to maintain. Check out the community for this and learn a lot on this.

Old 07-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Contributing Member

as i saw, All the replies are for wordpress and all
but is it possible same for the Blogging site ...?
i have a site hosting on the blogspot and wanna make forum for the same
but confuse how to make it please
do help me..!!
if hosting is needing for it
then please mension which will be the best hosting plan and which point should i take care while going for any hosting plan...!!

Old 07-03-2013, 01:51 PM
Contributing Member

There are tons of forum options, including forums that provide their own hosting.
http://www.google.com/search?q=free+forum
The hardest part is in attracting posters.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:57 PM
Banned

You can install some forum software on your hosting and start away with a forum. The Main Part comes next that is attracting the members to the Forum.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:39 AM
Contributing Member

I have tried the BBPress for Wordpress a few months ago and it didn't convinced me... I will sugguest you to install on a subfolder (eg: yourdomain.com/forum) the phpBB3 forum or the vbulletin (this forum).

These last 2 are pretty complete and powerfull and you'll only have to link to one of them on your site. Vbulletin it's not freeware, the phpBB3 yes.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:56 PM
Contributing Member

Previously i also have this query. At first install sub-forum by contacting your hosting provider such as forums.yourdomain.com, and then install the forum script in it. Once you have installed it then create a page in your wordpress site's homepage saying forum. Now, redirect that page to your forum homepage by using a plugin such as (page links to) i am using it right now.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Banned

You can buy IP Board or vBulletin or PHPBB forum to your website which is very safe to run your web forum for long time.

Old 11-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Contributing Member

Dear Friends,

Thanks for your information. You guys give me very good suggestion over it.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:32 PM
Contributing Member

I would look into PHPBB. I'm no expert myself but that is supposed to be one of the best things to use for creating forums.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:14 AM

login to your hosting page, then see what they already have available for you. I use godaddy, and they have the smf alreay available, I just had to click the 'install' button, and i was done, it was all set up for me as a subdirectory of/forum. then just tweak the css file to make it look like the rest of my site.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:16 AM

Your hosting account should provide you with many different choices for forum software. Check your control panel for Fantastico, QuickInstall or Softalicious.

Personally I have the most experience with vBulletin, it's an amazing forum software, but it gets pricy.

Old 12-13-2013, 05:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John325 View Post
Hi experts,

I have a website which offering seo, web design, content writing and web development services and I want to create a forum page in my website. Could anyone help me as I have no ideas on how to create a forum in a web page?
You need to create a sub folder for you forum and install vbulletin or xenforo cms into it. Follow some steps on instruction screen to finish installation. It's easy to setup a forum for a website in some minutes.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Banned

I suggest you to install a new script for forums with /forums directory, you can use Vbulletine (Paid) or PHPBB (free) forum script..

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management