Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management

Forum Management Discuss forum management topics including forum software, mods & plugins, developing high quality interactive communities, advertising revenue, forum security, dealing with spam, and more. Ideal for forum owners, administrators, and moderators.

Share |
Old 01-12-2014, 08:45 PM
Contributing Member

Post Frequency in a new forum

In a new forum some admins first create fake profiles and post articles. It is a usual thing that every admin publishes two to three discussions per day. But forum is also about creating content which means blog type posts, tutorials etc. How many such content type posts per week, do you guys prefer when you start a new forum??

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2014, 10:15 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb1129 View Post
In a new forum some admins first create fake profiles and post articles. It is a usual thing that every admin publishes two to three discussions per day. But forum is also about creating content which means blog type posts, tutorials etc. How many such content type posts per week, do you guys prefer when you start a new forum??
Respectfully, I have absolutely no clue how to respond to your question because it goes against everything I believe for developing the foundation for a forum community.

Forum communities are about building relationships with REAL people. It isn't about making fake profiles or about the numbers. Just my 2 cents...

Old 01-13-2014, 02:23 AM
Contributing Member

I am asking this question bcoz in the first time when a forum starts it will have one or two members, yeah of-course some forums have their launch teams but not all the forums will have. So to attract visitors and to give a lively look to the forum, some of the admins creates fake profiles and starts conversations.

Old 01-13-2014, 03:21 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb1129 View Post
I am asking this question bcoz in the first time when a forum starts it will have one or two members, yeah of-course some forums have their launch teams but not all the forums will have. So to attract visitors and to give a lively look to the forum, some of the admins creates fake profiles and starts conversations.
For a new forum, you could write some guest blog posts about the forum industry and provide your link in your byline. You could send out a press release about the forum's launch.

Get a moderating team in place before the forum starts to get things worked out and have the whole moderating crew start some fresh threads. As a moderator myself, If I someone was creating multiple accounts I'd ban them. I did this when I owned a forum.

My forum I got it active right off the getgo. I started a referral contest with cash prize's I pulled out of my own wallet. Plus a custom theme to show I meant business about the forum and not just a toss one up and think it would be a gold mine. I had security measures in place to catch the cheater's. That how my forum got active fast.. well one of the way's. I hyped the forum launch for 2 week's online before I launched it.

Also I had VBSEO installed before the forum launched and the posts got indexed fast. Back in 2007 it was easy to rank on page 1 in Google.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Respectfully, I have absolutely no clue how to respond to your question because it goes against everything I believe for developing the foundation for a forum community.

Forum communities are about building relationships with REAL people. It isn't about making fake profiles or about the numbers. Just my 2 cents...
Yes I Agree with @Cricket. According to me Forums are the places where you can not share your knowledge but can also find the solution of your problem

Old 01-27-2014, 05:38 PM
Banned

New forums are hard to start up unless you already have tons of friends involved.
Starting myself a forum (which I wont post), as an admin I have to be active and post new content, at some point it will hopefully bring new people and get a community going.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:02 PM

I've had a few forums in the past, and recently started another one knowing it would be harder this time around, and I was right.

If you can get friends and family to help "seed" do it - if you don't have that luxury it will be much harder. Network as much as possible. Keep posting relevant content (under your name, not fake accounts).

I don't know the niche (if it's the one in your sig you've got some serious competition) but some of the following may also help:

- post ads in classifieds (to get some traffic flowing and hopefully gain some members)

- create posts that people will want to respond to - ask questions, talk about something controversial that's in the news (if it's relevant to your niche) - have a funny photo contest - whatever you think will make people want to respond

- become very active on social media sites - facebook, twitter, whatever site best fits your niche

- join relevant forums BUT DON'T SPAM THEM - just become a contributing member, offering informative, insightful, or entertaining posts - people will start clicking your site in the sig link or your profile and some will join

- besides posting, keep working on other improvements to your site also. Always try to look at it through the eyes of a newcomer - what would make them want to join? what would make them leave and never return? you might need to redesign the layout or the logo, or rethink the forum categories or structures after looking at it this way.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:31 AM

You must think outside the box when it comes to promoting a new forum. No one wants to join a forum that is null and ain't have no good discussions in it and creating fake accounts just to make threads , posts etc isn't good at all in fact this may just scare away your viewers when they see these accounts aren't active at all. The best way to get a forum active and going is by word of mouth tell a few people if they like it then they will pass the word on about the site. Next thing you know it you'll start seeing sign ups here and there.

Also you can try free give always if product , memberships abscess money or any other items. You must offer something other forums do not offer stand out and look different.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management