Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management

Forum Management Discuss forum management topics including forum software, mods & plugins, developing high quality interactive communities, advertising revenue, forum security, dealing with spam, and more. Ideal for forum owners, administrators, and moderators.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 05-12-2014, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

3 Ways to Generate More Discussion on Your Forum

This is a good blog post for new forum admin's to read. Maybe even some members on this forum need to read it who just post on forums.

Quote:

Online forums have always served as a great place to find new ideas, opinions, and discussions. Long before blogs and social media sites were around, forums gave visitors a great platform to share valuable or interesting information with their peers.

You’d have passionate brand loyalists, tech troubleshooters, travel guides and so on in online forums, ready to lend a helping hand to newbies and pros alike. And because these places were actively under the authority of forum moderators, discussions were fluid and to the point; a far cry from today’s unfettered social media comments.
Continued at: http://www.bloggingtips.com/2014/05/...cussion-forum/

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-12-2014, 07:03 PM

Good article (and forumcon - I had no idea!!) with valid points, mostly how to compete with social media.

Maybe I'm just too old LOL but I like forums a lot better than FB or Twitter. Forums usually have a decent search feature (Does anybody ever find anything with FB search?), are usually well organized by topic, and don't "hide" parts of conversations or older posts like social media usually does.

Forums can also generate long, informative, detailed conversations about a specific topic, which can sometimes be a goldmine when found by someone looking for that exact information. On social media, the topic is usually dead after a few replies, or by the next day.

Last but not least, forum owners are generally interested in promoting and facilitating good conversations. Social media... not so much.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:44 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katt View Post
Maybe I'm just too old LOL but I like forums a lot better than FB or Twitter. Forums usually have a decent search feature (Does anybody ever find anything with FB search?), are usually well organized by topic, and don't "hide" parts of conversations or older posts like social media usually does.
Same here. I prefer forums. I've never really liked Facebook or Twitter.

I hardly ever use them.

When I did search FB, I never came up with anything useful I was searching for.

Forums to me provide lots more and better information. Easy to find etc.

long live forums.

Chad

Old 05-29-2014, 10:47 AM
Contributing Member

I concur. Forums allow for a more informative connection compared to social media like Facebook. It allows for organization, easy quote access, and the timeline is better. I prefer forums as a platform for informative exchanges while social media as quick connection where I don't expect longevity from a conversation I start.

Old 06-02-2014, 06:44 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad1988 View Post
Same here. I prefer forums. I've never really liked Facebook or Twitter.

I hardly ever use them.

When I did search FB, I never came up with anything useful I was searching for.

Forums to me provide lots more and better information. Easy to find etc.

long live forums.

Chad
------------------------------
Yes I agreed. Forums are the place where real people discuss about their problem, share their thoughts and ideas. I love to share in forums also.

Old 06-04-2014, 04:14 AM
Banned

I completely agree with you, forums help to share valuable knowledge and to clear certain doubts. But because of some lacking points we fail to get discussion on certain topics and don't get a proper answer. Thanks for suggesting the tips.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management

Closed Thread