Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management

Forum Management Discuss forum management topics including forum software, mods & plugins, developing high quality interactive communities, advertising revenue, forum security, dealing with spam, and more. Ideal for forum owners, administrators, and moderators.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 04-29-2015, 01:48 PM

Cloudflare on top of CFS

Hi,

I have a VPS with one website on a dedicated IP with encryption (https). I use Configserver Security Firewall (CFS). I have read that there is really nothing to gain using Cloudflare when CFS is installed and configured correctly.

I wondered what other members views are on this.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-29-2015, 02:02 PM

It's possible that there's nothing to gain from CloudFlare's web application firewall, although an extra layer of protection never hurts. But it seems like you misunderstand the main purpose of CloudFlare, which is to be a content delivery network so that your visitors can load your website much more quickly. CloudFlare has hundreds of edge nodes around the globe that can cache and serve your content (especially static content like .js, .css, and images).

So there's certainly much to be gained, but you certainly should not go to CloudFlare just for the WAF.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management

Closed Thread