Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management

Forum Management Discuss forum management topics including forum software, mods & plugins, developing high quality interactive communities, advertising revenue, forum security, dealing with spam, and more. Ideal for forum owners, administrators, and moderators.

Share |
Old 02-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Contributing Member

What's the best way to build links to a forum?

I am not sure how to even begin link building to a forum. There about 10,000 pages. What can I do to properly link to the pages on my forum?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2016, 11:13 AM
Contributing Member

Isn't that what the second link in your signature is all about? I didn't click it, but the anchor text sure looks like it's something you could use.

Old 02-07-2016, 11:22 AM
Contributing Member

Well, this is just home page links. What about all other pages? I am not sure how to even approach this massive site I have. I don't have it in my signature.

Old 02-07-2016, 12:57 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisturbingSEO View Post
Well, this is just home page links. What about all other pages? I am not sure how to even approach this massive site I have. I don't have it in my signature.
Well, a bit off-topic perhaps, but I hope you are not receiving remuneration for the links in your signature. That would be against forum rules.

Quote:
Users may not sell their signature or avatar space.

Old 02-07-2016, 12:59 PM
Contributing Member

What's against forum rules? I am not trying to break any rules? Having links in the signature is allowed, you having it. I mentioned that I am talking about different forum. If you look in my signature forum, there no 10,000 pages as I mentioned. Forum with 10,000 pages is not linked from here. I am not trying to break any rules. Both forums in my signature has 470 and 28 posts, not 10,000. I don't really care about forums in my signature. They are not my main focus. The forum I am talking about is different and I know I can't post the URL here. Why you would even say that I am selling something? I can prove that I am the owner of sites in my signature.

What's your deal?

Last edited by DisturbingSEO; 02-07-2016 at 01:04 PM.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I can prove that I am the owner of sites in my signature.

What's your deal?
Funny how you list your location as Philadelphia PA but the forum posting site says it is owned and operated by someone in SANFORD, NC. Oh, and the WHOIS record shows someone with a different name from Maryland owning the domain...

The pharmaceutical site is owned by someone in Maryland according to the WHOIS.

Whole bunch of hiding going on...

Old 02-07-2016, 01:22 PM
Contributing Member

Are you some kind of internet police or something? Why don't you send me email to all the domains... How about that? Stop trolling! NC is the receiving mail, my sites actually selling products and distribution centers are all over the country. I don't see reasoning in what you are trying to say. You want me to stop bringing valuable content to you... I can. But not only you will lose someone who post on the daily basis, you will lose customer for your members. I own PhenObestin product, its my trademark. Look at my PR - it is PR5. I know SEO really well, it's my bread and butter. I've been in technology since Google started, even before Google. You trying to nail me and call me spammer... Give me a break...

Last edited by DisturbingSEO; 02-07-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Stop trolling!
I am the Administrator. A fellow forum member brought up a question. I investigated.

And seeing we have been playing this game of you power posting and bumping old threads over the last few days to get your signature, I would think that you understand why your signature links are suspect seeing you have said you own forums.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:44 PM
Contributing Member

No biggie. I am just trying to help you and me out. I can be valuable asset as I have very good knowledge in many areas, especially SEO and programming. Spam is not in my intention at all. I hate spammers as you can imagine. I run many forums and I ban a lot of folks. If you ever have doubts, please let me know ASAP. I don't want to let it go. I like your community. There plenty of opportunities here. I am willing to participate and post about important things that are happening in the industry. I am a member in many different places. I will never try to spam or do anything against the rules. If I do something wrong, it's only by mistake.

If there anything you need, I have some good forums. Some of them are PR5, PR2s and I do a lot of ethical link building. I am in touch with many writers, I have many resources I can share. I never charge for links, that's my rule #1.

Thank you very much for the opportunity to be here! I understand the value of it and I really appreciate it!

Last edited by DisturbingSEO; 02-07-2016 at 01:47 PM.

Old 02-13-2016, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

You have a forum right?

When I owned one in 2000 and sold it after 2 years for a huge profit, I waited till I had number 1 rankings for numerous keywords and well for my custom theme to get finished before selling.

What I did and encouraged my members to do was use the social media buttons attached to the threads/posts to share them in the social media world. I focused on social media traffic and did guest blog posts once a week to get my forum name out there. I did other marketing things but word of mouth was my biggest thing for my forums success.

I wasn't in a popular niche so it was easy to get ranked well.

Old 02-13-2016, 07:33 AM
Contributing Member

Great idea! I like it a lot!

Do you know of any plugin for vBulletin 5+ that will do the job?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management