Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management

Forum Management Discuss forum management topics including forum software, mods & plugins, developing high quality interactive communities, advertising revenue, forum security, dealing with spam, and more. Ideal for forum owners, administrators, and moderators.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-07-2017, 03:45 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Can I Create a forum in my website ?

Hi,

I have an online gemstone selling website I have lack of visitor to my site can I create a forum in my website will it be helpful to drive traffic to my site.

Last edited by khadeer; 03-07-2017 at 03:47 AM. Reason: mistake

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-07-2017, 11:56 PM
Administrator

What do you think people will discuss in the forum?

Forums are a lot of work. There's moderating, trying to initiate conversations, and all the backend stuff to take care of. Are you willing to put in the time (or pay someone) to look after it?

I think I would consider working on a blog before starting a forum.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:13 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
What do you think people will discuss in the forum?

Forums are a lot of work. There's moderating, trying to initiate conversations, and all the backend stuff to take care of. Are you willing to put in the time (or pay someone) to look after it?

I think I would consider working on a blog before starting a forum.
Thanks for your expert advise I'm working on Blog already.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:07 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Yes its very helpful for you get traffic & ranked to your site but make sure articles just proper grammar & related your business solutions.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by khadeer View Post
Hi,

I have an online gemstone selling website I have lack of visitor to my site can I create a forum in my website will it be helpful to drive traffic to my site.
Don't start a forum if you blog has very little traffic. When you are getting 100,000 to 200,000 visitors a month that is the perfect time to start a forum if you think those people will join and be active.

Keep in mind running a forum is not easy. You got to worry about spammers and lot's of other stuff I wish not to tell.

You should use a dedicated server as forums can be a resource hog at times, you need to be making enough money to cover your blog operating costs and the forum costs. You can not flip a switch and a forum is successful and profitable.

Old 03-10-2017, 11:00 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Don't start a forum if you blog has very little traffic. When you are getting 100,000 to 200,000 visitors a month that is the perfect time to start a forum if you think those people will join and be active.

Keep in mind running a forum is not easy. You got to worry about spammers and lot's of other stuff I wish not to tell.

You should use a dedicated server as forums can be a resource hog at times, you need to be making enough money to cover your blog operating costs and the forum costs. You can not flip a switch and a forum is successful and profitable.
Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate this forum admin that they are very keen to respond the users and sharing wonderful knowledge and tips about the internet and other stuff I learnt many thing from this forum. Surely I will write a blog about v7n forum.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:18 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Ok khadeer good luck with the blog then! Keep us updated on how you get on with the blog, and if you add a forum to let us know about that, too.

All the best.

Old 03-15-2017, 11:37 PM
Contributing Member

Forums are like startups. Most go bust, very few succeed. Most forums I've seen, devolve into spam over a period of time. This is one of the few good forums out there & its because of the effort the administrators & moderators put into quality control. So the likelihood of a new forum going bust is very high. Don't do it unless you can put in significant effort to uphold the quality.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khadeer View Post
Hi,

You should start with WHY you need a forum. If your website have many user comments, forum is good. Don't think that you have a forum and people join and drive website traffic.

Old 03-31-2017, 10:32 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

i think starting a new forum and getting it to be popular would be difficult. Its certainly not a way to get more traffic to your site, more of a way to create a community around an already popular site. Forums have fallen out of favour a little and been replaced by facebook groups as these are a lot easier for people to setup and facebook handle a lot of the hardwork. A lot of popular forums from a few years ago have seen their number of active visitors drop off as people communicate more through social media. A forum could still be good for niches that aren't allowed by facebooks T&Cs though or where people staying anonymous is prefered.

Old 03-31-2017, 08:29 PM
Latest Blog:
None

A small tip.

An easier approach to starting a forum, is to start a Facebook group dedicated to the subject. This is way more easy to market and grow, than as a owner of that group you could do marketing for your business when the group grown big, just do not market your business before you have a lot of members.

After you grown big, it is way easier to start a forum, and market it also to your group.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management

Closed Thread