Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management

Forum Management Discuss forum management topics including forum software, mods & plugins, developing high quality interactive communities, advertising revenue, forum security, dealing with spam, and more. Ideal for forum owners, administrators, and moderators.

Share |
Old 07-12-2017, 11:27 AM

forum user guest question

Hi guy I need your advice about my forum. Its a Blackhat seo forum which I created last year around december.
Every day its has unique visitors and high page view but less signup what can I do to attract new sign up and members get posting.
Thanks in advance

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techrom View Post
Hi guy I need your advice about my forum. Its a Blackhat seo forum which I created last year around december.Every day its has unique visitors and high page view but less signup what can I do to attract new sign up and members get posting.
I don't know about you, (and I know nothing about your forum) but I've found that people are less interested these days to share their tips and tricks (if there are any worth while these days) when it comes to SEO. Today, I find that it's about more about networking, social buzz, content, shaping pages with the right code etc.

Yes, links (at least those that do not have the "nofollow" attribure) are still a strong algo signal (albeit less than in the past), but all you read on forums these days are the uninformed spouting the golden good forumula (so they say) of forum links, guest posts, article submission, yadda, yadda yadda. Most of these tactics are old and have little up-side and plenty of down-side.

At least one SEO forum that I frequented a couple of years ago has been closed. Probably due to lack of traffic or clicks on sponsors links. The last year of so of it's operation, we moderated it with vigour, ensuring only the best threads and posts remained. Not that there were many good thread starters at that time.

Gone are the days of high-level SEO discussions where pages and pages of threads contained posts with great information for all to discuss, test and use. But even then, the real secret sauce was rarely included in the public portion of those threads.

So, back to the topic of your Black-Hat forum? In a nutshell - I wouldn't frequent it. In fact, I'm only here because I signed up a few years ago. If I found a new SEO forum today, I'd probably not join, because the valuable conversations are mostly an extremely pale shade of the good posts of the past...

2 cents

Last edited by LMD; 07-12-2017 at 11:50 AM. Reason: add

Old 07-12-2017, 08:58 PM
Contributing Member

Interest in forums keeps waning over time, unless you can keep finding new ways to keep people interested.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Forum Management